Conspiracy - a three part tale.

:: Roleplay :: Roleplay

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Conspiracy - a three part tale.

Post  Rosé on Fri May 06, 2011 8:35 am

Talking into the night Nevaeh began to tire, she hadn’t gotten over the cold from earlier in the evening and her stomach was gripping to itself tightly with the lack of food. As the night went on her input became minimal until the small satyr bit them good even and would wait for them in the morning and with any hope the snow storm would have died down outside. “But who knows?” Remar called back. “Our worst snow storm lasted eight months.”  Nevaeh looked towards her bag with worry; she didn’t have enough supplies on her for 3 months, let alone eight. Reassuring herself that they would be able to move on first Nevaeh bid Remar good night. Closing the small door to the wooden hut they had been given she looked over to Theanos cleaning blood from his face haphazardly. Seeing how the Satyrs treated him with such respect and fear gave Theanos that regal quality that she had never really been able to see before; she had never known Theanos as royalty really. Of course she knew he was a royal but when he had saved her from the slavers and ever since he hadn’t acted like his brother or sister.  Nevaeh sat  cross-legged near Theanos as she packed her armour in a way that would be easy to re assemble if the time came that it was needed.  The fire and the closed space was enough to make wearing her regular okay, though she was still cool to the touch. 

“Regret?” She echoed. Of course there was still that sense of doubt in the back of her mind that seemed to cry out for Nevaeh to return to the lowlands where it was safe. “No I don’t regret coming after you, but I...” She paused “I wish I had thought it through... prepared.” She left her bag open on the floor and shuffled her was towards Theanos and the abundance of sheets. With his hand gently brushing her cheek Nevaeh felt somewhat at ease in the foreign environment. She held a hand against his arm as Theanos spoke to her. “I know...” She sighed, the thought of what was beyond was unsettling, but with Theanos Nevaeh knew she wouldn’t give up. ‘I would've given up in the snow right back there if you weren't with me I...' With her other hand Nevaeh placed a finger to Theanos’ lips with a hush. “We are here now.” She smiled 'And I don't think that I'll...' Nevahe pressed her finger harder against his lips. “Rest, I am sure there are things that you or I need to address in the morning, rest..” Leaning into Theanos Nevaeh removed her finger and replaced it with a kiss. She lingered against Theanos for a moment, relishing his warmth and the comfort that came from it. As they parted Nevaeh stood, looking down on the Prince. “Good night.” Nevaeh closed up her bag and moved it to one side. Nevaeh Untied her hair; is now below the middle of her back and turning back to face Theanos Nevaeh  decided that she wasn’t going to sleep alone; she knelt down and climbed through the blankets to find Theanos and leant up against him with her eyes closed. “Theen...I love you, you know that?” She sighed and rested her head fully against Theanos' chest. "I'm not going anywhere, and neither are you." resting a hand against his stomach Nevaeh's eyes grew heavy. She didn't put up any resistance, the thought of a protected night's sleep in the warm was too bog an offer to refuse. Within minutes Nevaeh's had drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

There was no sunlight to wake Nevaeh, rather the sound of the Satyrs going about their business in their settlement was enough to let her know it was morning. Climbing from the warmth of Theanos and the blankets she redressed into her fur-lined armour but kept the helmet off. Theanos still looked asleep, but she couldn't be sure, Nevaeh wanted to go and find Remar but didn't want to leave Theanos to wake alone. After a minutes hesitation she knelt on top of the Lycan prince and kissed him on the cheek. "I  going to find the small fellow." She lingered for a moment, her gaze captivated by his, running a hand through his hair she kissed Theanos quickly and left the hut to the larger structure. There were so many of the Satyrs around that Nevaeh was unable to tell Remar from the rest; but luckily as she stood out rather significantly Nevaeh heard her name called and followed the sound. 

"Good morning Nevaeh! How did you sleep?" the small fellow bowed. "Tell me, did Prince Theanos sleep well also?" Nevaeh shrugged. "You can ask him yourself any moment, he should be out soon."

Rosé
Admin

http://heartsofpureice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Sun May 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Her words were comforting, her kiss even more so, and sooner than he thought he would be he was asleep. As soon as his head hit the pillow, the nightmares started. It was like watching glimpses into Geddyn's life, terrible and irrational things that can't be happening, or shouldn't be. First, he watched his youngest brother trapsing through the snow, weak in his natural state, his fur patchy and his gait trembling, he looked ill, really ill.As if in response to that thought, he collapsed in the snow, unmoving, then everything went dark. The next thing he knew, he was watching his brother tied upsidedown on a pole being carried by four... things. Theanos couldn't make out what they were, it was too dark. They were walking along a stone coridoor of sorts, only lit by fire torches. Geddyn's eyes slowly closed, and so did the dream. Theanost woke with a start, being momentarily confused to where he was before realising. He was alone though, Nevaeh wasn't there. He remembered something faintly about her leaving to find the goat-boy. He stood, crashing his head on the ceiling. 'AAhh... damn livestock... should've eaten them...' he carried on grumbling until he noticed a small goat-girl in the corner of the room, she looked terrifed. 'Oh, hi.' Theanos mused, layign on the charm thick. 'Are you my breakfast?' She literally shook, holding out a slab of meat. 'Ah! you HAVE my breakfast. Much better, no fussing around with bones or fluff. Thankyou er... what is your name?' She bleated something and Theano tilted his head in confusion. She shook her head as if repremanding herself 'Eh... Kaenoea... Kell...' she smiled faintly as if she were still terrified. 'What a beautiful name. Fine my good goat boy translator will you? He should be hanging around with the tall pretty one.' Kell seemed to flush red with fury before leaving. It wasn't until later that he found out she was Remar's girlfriend.
Outrageous.
Admin

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/jivey3

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Mon May 30, 2011 4:21 am

Nevaeh and Remar waited for Theanos to arise but it seemed that he was in no rush to make himself present. “Do not worry Nevaeh.” Remar smiled “I’m sure that Prince Theanos just needs his sleep, It did indeed sound like you both were tested last night in to snowstorm, I am not surprised it was one of our worst in this season. Perhaps you should be resting too?” Nevaeh shook her head. “I will be fine, I am more concerned about Theanos’ well being than my own, if not for him then I would be dead.” Remar nodded. “Well I am glad you found us anyhow, it is an honour to have you both.” Nevaeh felt flattered, “You are too kind Remar, but you could do one more favour for me?” The satyr nodded, too agreeing “Anything.” Nevaeh looked around. “Would you be able to have Theanos and I see your leader here? You see we are intending to travel further north and I am sure Theanos would appreciate talking to him... or her.” Remar thought for a moment. “Well he is hunting with some of our tribe’s strongest. We only ever eat meat in the snowy season. Once he returns this afternoon I would be more than obliged to meet with the Prince... and you of course.” Their conversation was interrupted by a loud bleating. Nevaeh turned around to see what she assumed to be a female satyr talking firmly with Remar, dragging him back to Theanos’ hut. Nevaeh followed them in, even she had to stoop under the doorway; a foreign concept for her. She didn’t contribute to the conversation, she was looking at her bag, wondering whether she should eat the last of her food. She had a feeling that she would need it later but Nevaeh was beginning to get hungry and a little weaker. Perhaps before we leave she would tell herself, her stomach feeling tighter.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon May 30, 2011 5:02 am

'Ah yes! There's the fellow!' Theanos exclaimed upon seeing Remar being tugged back into the tent. 'Thankyou Kell. You are very kind.' she nodded, scuttling over to sit with the prince. 'Ah, a friend, wonderful. As for you Remar, shame on you, neglecting this poor woman, she deserves to be spoilt!' Kell nodded in agreement, her short arms folding across her chest. 'Yes. Fine woman like this! Humpf now, back to buisness, I shall be wanting to see your chief... or goat...emporor... or whatever you call him.' Remar nodded 'Yes your highness... Nevaeh here has already expressed your wish.' Theen looked at her and winked 'That's my girl. See?' he said, looking to the satyr woman 'You have nothing to worry about. Not a scrap of meat on her!' he exlaimed gesturing to Nevaeh 'And as for fur, she has none! Well... hardly any... excluding the moustache...' he muttered comically behind his hand. Kell bleated in laughter 'Blaaahaahhaa... my prince... you aaaare so funny... Blaaahaahaa...' He smiled alluringly 'Damn right I am. Now, any idea when Chiefy'll be back then?' Remar looked a little furious at the Prince for flirting with his girlfriend, but int Theen's opinion, when in Rome...
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Mon May 30, 2011 5:35 am

Nevaeh watched Theanos flirt with the smaller, fatter, hairier being with a raised eyebrow; she wasn’t threatened in the slightest but couldn’t help notice that Remar was, of course he could never admit it in front of her or Theanos, to do so could have disastrous effects. “Theanos, was there anything else you needed?” She was un amused by his last comment and in her slightly irritable state she ignored his words? “Nothing? Okay, well please excuse Remar and I for I have questions to ask him whilst we wait for your audience to arrive.” Remar piped in, unsure as if he should follow Nevaeh’s command or not. “He should be back before night fall, and this north that will be within the next two hours, you do not have long to wait.” Nevaeh took Remar by force and they walked.

“I apologise for being so abrupt Remar, but prince or not Theanos has a tendency to wear me thin at times like these. What I originally wanted to ask you was what you knew about what was further north than here? The sat by a fire, Satyrs around them, going about their daily business. “Well,” Remar stretched his arms forwards. “I have only ever been further north twice since returning home, not the hunting type. But from what I’ve seen and the stories I have heard, it isn’t a place to travel willingly.” “Oh, do tell me more.” Nevaeh looked a little worried but did her best to hide it. “Well, there are the skeletons of nomadic villages north west from here, nothing grows that way anymore, even in the sunny season the snow doesn’t cease for a day , it is known and Winterfell in the north west for that very reason. Straight north you are heading towards the wilderness. And that is where you should worry. If you can get past the white wall that is.” He drew in the dirt. “It is a wall of ice, some say over one hundred foot high, and you have to pay a toll to pass safely, but why anyone would villainy venture to the wastelands is beyond me. The rouge tribes hide in their holes out there. Unclaimed land for unclaimed souls some say. Savages and all that sort of thing.”

Nevaeh stopped Remar. “Perhaps these are things that Theanos should hear.” Remar looked a little concerned. “Are you considering passing the white wall? Out there it is rumoured to be darkness for eight months at a time!” Nevaeh shrugged. “I don’t know, like I said these are things to ask Theanos, I am simply following his direction.” The gates of the largest gut were opened, a large gust of Icy wind shook Nevaeh but it seemed that the Satyrs were used to it. The Satyrs knelt to their leader but Nevaeh remained stood, which was immediately noticed. “What is an elf doing in here!? Why do you not show respect?” Nevaeh gently held her lower lip at the size of the satyr leader, there was little chance of her kneeling before him; she would have still been at least four inches taller than him. “Perhaps you should greet your main guest with a little more grace.” Nevaeh said coolly as Remar piped up. “This Elf accompanies Prince Theanos; he is resting but has requested your audiences.” The tone of the satyr changed immediately as he shook Nevaeh’s hand. “Please tell Prince Theanos to enter my hut whenever her wishes, it is an honour for him to be here, the Satyrs scuttled off with their catches. Nevaeh went back with Remar to where they had left Theanos and the other satyr. She walked in with no warning. “Their leader is back. Perhaps you should get up and greet him?”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:26 am

'SILENCE! I order silence!' The young Centaur, dressed in ceremonial robes spoke, commanding the room back to quiet, he then turned to the aincent looking centaur to his left. The old one stared into the eyes of his young counterpart intently, almost like they were conversing. Suddenly, they broke away from eachother. 'My Lord wishes to hear from the accused.' Suddenly the doors at either end of the long council room burst open. At one end, Alyan was dragged out by a couple of shapeshifters that were finding it hard to controlling. He was shouting and screaming and wrenching his arms away from them every second he could. His face was battered and bruised, he looked like he had been in a war. At the other end however, a complete contrast, Elayahi was dressed in riches and finery, the purest white material with her white hair curled around her shoulders, adorned with her delicate crown. She looked like the image of royalty, not a prisoner at all. That was, until you really looked at her. Behind her were two Lycan men, family guards they must have been, but still they were so large the door was a struggle for them both, they must have been very powerful. They weren't armed however, not were they threatening looking, the thing that gave away what was really happening, was the band of iron around her neck. It fizzled with flickers of lightning, something the elementals had taken centuries to harness into the one small band that threatened to send volts of potentially life threatening electricity coursing through the princesses body. She continued to walk, her eyes placed firmly on the ground. She could hear her husband from the other side of the room but she daren't look up.

It was then that he saw her, his wife. He stopped struggling for a moment, which only gave his guards gangway to slam his face into the cold stone floor and wrench his arms behind him. He looked up, tears in his bruised eyes 'Elayah?... ELAYAH!... get off me...' He struggled to get up from the floor, however the young centaur stood again, raising his hand. 'Release them.' Alyan was released, only for him to run the length of the hall and embrace his wife. Tears rolled down the princess' cheeks as she desperately tried to refrain from hugging him back. He pulled away from her, holding her by her shoulders and looking down at her face confused. 'What's wrong?...' sniggers errupted from the table behind them and he turned furiously 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER!?' he screamed as he launched himself towards the men that were laughing. Before he could reach them, one of the men stood and held his and out to the elven man. His body suddenly convulsed, he grabbed at his throat want was lifted into the air as any oxygen was dragged back from his body. 'NO!' Elayahi's pained scream startled the elemental, and Alyan fell several feet onto the cold stone floor. Sillence resumed, the only sounds were the princess' muffled sobs and her quick footsteps as she ran over to her wounded husband, cradling his head in her arms. Her sobs were deafening as she tried to clear the blood from his head. The leader of the Centaurs casually flicked his hand and a medic ran to him, pushing Elayahi away. She grabbed at her blood-stained dress nervously before turning around to the council of the elders angrily. 'WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?' she bellowed, wincing as the collar electrocuted her. 'How can you hurt an innocent man as this, no less a Prince of the relm?!' Schocked hisses and growls errupted from around the table. 'So it is true!?' The centaur spoke for his master. 'You are bound to this elf... he is your husband?' 'Impossible!' came a loud shout from a Lycan at the table 'Our ancestors would've never allowed for this to happen!' Elayahi growled loudly at the man and he closed his mouth, retracting in his chair at such a loud repreman from his Princess. 'Do you think that he would still be alive if that were true Laman? Now you hear me now, All of you. Under the rules and legislation put forth by my Father Scourgahnak Graddeoan for this relm, my choice to be bound to this man is illegal and punishable to death.' cheers and agreements came from some members of the council. 'THE KING IS DEAD.' her voice was commanding, and the room once more fell to silence. 'I am your Princess. Hear me. Everything that the King put in place has fallen. the resistance has overthrown him and they are calling out for change.' She turned to the head of the table 'Elder Fahro. I adress you directly.' The younger centaur turned to the Elder and he nodded. 'You may speak princess.' 'Was it not you personally who fought my late father for control of this sector?' he nodded again 'Then was is not you who vouched for harmony and equality between all races of this world? Was it not you who spoke out for the slaves as they now are called, real people, real living ones who deserve to have a name less demeaning, less...' she broke away in exhasperation, believing that she wasn't getting anywhere. The old man seemed to stare right into her soul, studying her deeply. He then turned to his youth and he spoke for him 'The Elder Fahro commits that your soul is bright young princess...' she stared into the eyes of the elder as his translator spoke 'He tells me that you bring out the aspirations and dreams of many in your voice, and that you, young one, will... what?' the translator broke voice and turned to his elder, confused, the elder nodded solemnly, the translator carried on hesitantly 'And that you... will one day lead this relm and any other domains under your late father's power...' The room burst into estranged anger. The old man held up his hand, silence struggled to overcome. 'But the final decision as to your marriage to this man, is up to the current head of state.' All eyes turned to the other end of the grand table, where Andraisgloch was sat.

'Get up and greet him? I can't bloody stand up in this place and incrase you haven't noticed my dear Nevaeh, I take up nearly the whole of this room... I've put on weight don't you think?' he looked down to his crunched stomach 'I'm getting fat! Do I look fat?' He directed the latter question to Remar's woman who shook her head furiously 'Hmm... Anywho, Chiefy... is all the blood off my face? I don't want to offend anyone. Alrighty then!' Theen rolled onto all fours, a puddle fo water left where he had sat, melting the compacted snow underneath the rugs with his body temperature. He grabbed out for his bag, knocking over a pile of blankets as he did, ignoring the blankets he opened his magical rucksack and dug through it, arm deep. Finally he pulled out his crown, his sword and a cloak. Adorning them all appropriately, he rolled up to a crouch. 'Right, lead the way Remar!'

Thankfully he led them into a large hall where the prince could just about stand. There were a guard of saytr's all dressed in some kind of ice armour, which, Theanos noted, was perhaps the coolest thing he'd ever seen (no pun intended) Then at the far end of the room, a very large, very grand looking man of course half goat, dressed in rich purples and sat upon a throne of dead branches. 'My lord.' Theanos said, bowing his head, he glanced to Nevaeh, who was still standing and kicked her in the back of the legs so she was kneeling before the elder. 'No no dear boy, it is us who are honored to be in your presence. Please, sit.' Placed behind them were numerous amounts of pillows and blankets and flagons of wine and the like. Theanos sat on the floor, his legs crossed and a cup of wine in his hand. 'First, may I thankyou for your hospitality and your kind forgiving of the disrespectful companion I seem to have aquired.' He didn't look at her, but it was known that Theanos was referring to Nevaeh. 'It is no trouble of course, her kind are not educated in the far extents that you are my leige.' There was a pause as the prince smiled 'May I ask why you have stumbled upon this god-forsaken place?' Theanos seemed to tense under the question 'God-forsaken? What is this place? If I may add Sir, this certainly not how your domain was described to me in years gone by.' The elder nodded.

To anyone that was in the room at the time, their conversation would seem kryptic, they seemed to have a hidden knowlege between eachother. Theanos remembered back to his racial education classes. Satyr's were an old race, older than the elves, shapeshifters and elementals. They were said to posess powers over nature, plants and the like, it was from this race that the elementals were said to originate. But most of the original satyr's were said to vanish, a new mixed race, about the height of elves and built stronger took over. The king of the Satyr's Ulysees, the one with the most powerful, dissappeared, never to return, said to have gone to a haven of plants and green and life all around. The man that stood before Theanos now was most certainly the lost king.

The King sighed, like he was deeply unhappy. 'The rougue elementals that live not far, regularly attack this place, taking away our sick or young for our skins. It is primordial know, but, as long as they hang the winter over this place...' he looked up at Theen's confused expression 'Oh! My dear boy, did you not feel it? The magical power as you approached my dwelling?' Theanos thought back, suddenly remembering when he felt the energy drain from him, a time where the dwelling was just in reach. 'Yes, a forcefield? Taking the energy from the earth?' The king smiled 'Yes indeed, everything inside that field was once protected by myself, green and lush, the waters ran warm while all around everything was frozen. The perfect hideaway.' Theanos looked deep in thought, taking a bunch of withered grapes from a plate and handing them delicately to Nevaeh, she can't have eaten much. 'And when do they take your citazens?' The king frowned. 'Every full moon... which would be...' 'Tonight.' Theanos' knowledge of the moon was more than accurate. A mumble of fear rose up with the guards and servants. 'Silence!' The king commanded, and it fell. Theanos stood 'You will send me out to them.' An uproar of voices 'NO!' the king shouted, standing 'I will not risk the life of our future king and master. It is out of the question.' 'And yet you will willingly give up the lives of your citazens? Where is your dignity? The attitude of a King? Nay.' Spears were pointed at him, swords raised, the king looked outraged. 'If you go you will be salaughtered by them.' 'Then so be it.' An intense silence fell as the two men stared down eachother. Finally, the King broke the silence. 'Then it is done. The Prince of the seventh relm will do battle against our enemies under the name of King Ulysees.' Cheers rose and Theanos swept from the room.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Ainion and Voronwë hadn’t lived at home properly for over a year and back in the small villagers house they were getting a little frustrated. Nevaeh had gone, so had Alyan, Locien was still in the village but he had been taken under the wing of a holistic healer and was hardly ever around; which only meant one thing for the dark haired twins, their mother was constantly on their cases. ‘Do this’ ‘Do that’ ‘Clean that up!’ ‘You can’t go out like that! Look at you, you look like you are about to rob!’ he pair couldn’t stand it anymore, they both loved their mother dearly but they had to get some breathing space. They had decided to go and see their older brother and younger sister further east at the Lycan palace. They had been treated like warriors when they left to go home and they wanted some of that feeling again, not house maids. It didn’t take the twins long to decide to travel east, they would see their siblings and be treated like they were aristocracy and the eastern roads had a lot of settlements and villages, so the prospect of making some more money along the way was just as enticing. “We’re off!” The two said in unusual unison; only a bag each and their devilish smiles to their name. Their mother shook her head slowly, knowing the day would come when the last of her children would leave to make their own name. She hugged the pair goodbye and watched them out of the door; she smiled, knowing now she could at least get some peace in the evenings.

Ainion and Voronwë’s travels were swift; they didn’t need much sleep used to skulking around at all times of the day and night. They neared the castle in half a week, but they couldn’t help but notice there was a different heir about the place, the atmosphere had completely changed. Of course the rebellion camp had gone and the where they had been living those weeks had been reverted back to the cool forest clearings. The biggest surprise for them both was upon reaching the castle, they had expected it to look different somehow, to forget about the old regime, but as they came towards the castle gates, they were aware that perhaps not allot had changed at all. “Look at this!” One of the guards shouted, calling another other. “Vampires walking in bloody daylight!” Ainion and Voronwë looked at each other, un amused. “We’re not Vampires.” Ainion sighed, having heard the remark one hundred times over. Voronwë continued, “We’re elves! And we’re here to see Elayahi and Alyan, you know….the Lycan princess and our brother!” The guards looked at each other sceptically. “Well you can’t. They’re not available to be ‘seen’ on your way!” The twins looked horrified. “What do you mean?!” The guards raised their voices, “Unless you scum want a night in the dungeons I advise you to be on your way!” Nothing could have stopped Voronwë throwing a punch at the guard then, flooring him. But just as the guards promised, the twins were swarmed by guards and hauled into the castle’s dungeon, bag and all. They hit the stone floor hard, shouting abuse at the guards again. “Alyan wouldn’t stand for this! Just wait until he hears about this, I swear to the Gods I’ll break that guard myself!”

Alyan had been separated from Elayahi and dragged from the room. “This isn’t over!” He shouted at the Ancients in the room, his eyes full of anger and pain. He was to stay in the dungeons until a decision was reached between Elayahi and her mother. He didn’t know how long that would be, he couldn’t imagine her mother give up her loyalties to her late husband. There was nothing he could do but wait and hope that Elayahi could be strong enough. In his cell Alyan closed his sore eyes. He couldn’t cry for his love any more, he was exhausted. But the sound of new prisoners perked his senses, recognising the voices almost instantly. “Ainion… Voronwë!” The twins were silenced, shocked at hearing their oldest brother. “Where are you Alyan, I can’t believe these assholes, looking us in here, didn’t believe we were brothers…” Alyan came closer to the bars of is cell and looked gingerly at the twins. “They probably believed you.” The twins looked shocked to see their brother in cells. Alyan didn’t let them ask, it were as if they already knew what was going on. “We’ll get you out of her. Ainion mouthed, Voronwë nodding, quietly unclasping his bag. To produce a ring of keys and different length prongs, Alyan had almost forgotten that he was related to two expert thieves. Their door was easy to open; only Voronwë left the cell at first, and crossed diagonally to Alyan’s where he opened the cell just as quick. “Leave your things here, there’s an underground passage at the end of the dungeon, I found it during the battles.” Alyan whispered, the twins taking only what they needed in their pockets, following Alyan silently to the end of the dungeons in a disused cell and removed the straw bed from the floor to reveal a loose plank of wood. The twins slid through with ease, Alyan quickly following, pulling the bed over as he went. “We’re in…..” “Sewers. Yeah.” Alyan completed the sentence. “You two can get out of here at the end of the tunnel, I have to find Elayahi, I need to see her… before…” The twins nodded, “We will be back, I promise, with thousands, just you wait, they can’t do this!” Alyan smiled but knew it could be too late for that, He just wanted to see her again.

Nevaeh wasn’t good in situations such as these, she was hungry and surrounded by those who only ever ate meat was trying her patients, Nevaeh wasn’t going to kneel in front of something half her size, she was going back to what she was like the first day Theanos had met her 'First, may I thankyou for your hospitality and your kind forgiving of the disrespectful companion I seem to have aquired.' Nevaeh glared at him viciously before looking at their king again. She bit her lip, resenting his comment Nevaeh was also aware of how many satyrs were now armed. Nevaeh was however thankful for the grapes that were passed to her, soothing the pain in her stomach.

Alyan waited in that tunnel until night fall, he could hear above the frenzy that he and his brothers had escaped, but they had gone straight to looking outside, he was relatively safe compared to the twins who were running in the forests, but he had a feeling that they still held their ability to avoid their persecutors. He waited for above to go silent, there was a ladder the opposite way to where the twins had gone and climbed, he knew where it lead to, and he head to find her.

Nevaeh stood with Theanos an had her bow in hand, along with her knives and the sword that he had gifted her. “I’m coming with you No you don’t get to tell me no. You didn’t get to tell me know in the lowlands an you don’t get to tell me know up here! I’ve survived just like you! I’m no less used to the cold now than you! I am going with you.” Nevaeh had put her foot down, she was fighting along side him.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:38 am

Elayahi stared at her mother across the table; she looked tired, like the conflict between what was right and what was easy drained her. The elders waited until the elf was dragged away. 'He may look different to them Elayahi. But he is just a slave...' The cold stare Andraisgloch received from her own daughter was more than chilling. 'I forbade any kind of contact like this when you were young. This is just a rebellious stage. You will learn to forget the Elf.' To the room's surprise, a viscous grin spread across her face. Mutterings surfaced as to what was going on; finally, the princess gave out a shrill laugh. 'The decision cannot be made by you! Admit it mother, you were always just my father's trophy wife. You knew nothing of love for him, just duty and reputation. You cannot possibly know how I feel... but that is not important for you are not the head of state.' uproar once again. 'My twin Geddyn has legally been the next in line to the throne ever since you cast out prince Theanos. No changes can be made to the law until he returns.' she stood with a triumphant look on her face, that was, until her mother stood. 'HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME? I AM YOUR QUEEN! I may not have the power to rule this country, but I have the right to execute. Send him to the gallows FOR HIGH TREASON AGAINST THE CROWN!' whatever happened next was a blur, the princess had tried to lash out against her mother, but instead, had volts of high powered electricity coursing through her body. Her skull connected to the floor with a crack.

Theanos had no inkling as to what was happening back at the castle. Since Elayahi could not reform, they could not hear each other’s thoughts. Theanos however had something much worse to deal with. He was quickly escorted out to another large room; it was lined with skins of various animals. His bag was retrieved, along with a bowl of fresh blood. He must have been insane, taking on two rouge elementals that had imprisoned the great Lord Ulysees. He was soon dressed in his fantastic gold plated armour; he looked the part, but was worrying inside. Standing, he exited the hut only to be greeted with Nevaeh in her battle wear. He took one look at her before walking past ‘No.’ “I’m coming with you. No you don’t get to tell me no. You didn’t get to tell me no in the lowlands and you don’t get to tell me no up here! I’ve survived just like you! I’m no less used to the cold now than you! I am going with you.” Theen turned around to look at her again ‘No.’ He was not a voice to be reckoned with, he doubted that he would get out of it alive, let alone Nevaeh. Night was falling; he could feel it strengthening him, the full moon had always been a great strength to Lycan’s and he was no exception, in fact, he was probably more connected to it that any Lycan he had met in the city. He ignored Nevaeh as she walked alongside him, knowing in himself that she would not last in the battle. A procession of satyrs followed them with flaming torches lighting up the path. It reminded him of a funeral march, which was little less than comforting. The camp opened up to the barren wasteland of the uncharted lands. The place became eerily silent with the tension and fear rising. They walked out of the camp, the protection of the force field removed from them. Nothing happened for a moment, but then, in the distance, two dark shaped advanced. They didn’t walk, but seemed to drag themselves along as if they were injured. As soon as they came into full view, Theanos felt a pang of something he’d hardly felt before. Fear. The creatures could hardly be called elementals anymore. They were clothed with the still bloodied skins of the satyrs, where their eyes should have been, were hollowed out sockets, their heads were bald and their faced emaciated. There was no doubt that they were dark creatures, whatever they had once been was gone, now they were soulless beings of the otherworld.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:22 am

Alyan’s shoulders were burning under the weight of his own body but he had to keep climbing, for one if he slipped it would be a near fifty foot fall for him and elves can’t really withstand that kind of fall, hence the agile nature, he couldn’t bring himself to look down, he had to be as silent as he could. Guards were looking for him because his cell was empty. He had a hunch as to where Elayahi was going to be, he was nearly there, and he could almost see the light from a high window above him.

Ainion was a few steps in front of Voronwë, the growls of guards weren’t that far behind them but in the darkness they blended in beautifully; for once their differences coming in great use. They decided to take to the trees of the palace’s surrounding woodland, Voronwë was the first to ascend, and his brother following seconds after, looking back could see the glint of golden eyes, wolf eyes. The twins were safe in the knowing that they would not be caught in the trees, lycans can’t climb, just as much as tree elves cannot swim; their only concern was that how far would the lycans chase them?

Alyan got to the top of the ladder, breathing heavily in the gusting night wind, he was on the roof of the palace now, he looked up to see the east tower, there was light from its window flickering. He had to see Elayahi now; it could be his last chance. Alyan was cautious, he was unarmed; he climbed the base of the tower with ease, his hands on the windows ledge, he peered into the room and he was right. Elayahi was asleep, even the tower had fine furniture in it; he paused for a moment, to make sure no one else was in the room. After what seemed like an eternity Alyan gently pulled the window open and climbed in. He stood in the silence with held breath, he didn’t want to wake her suddenly, in fear that she would startle and if there was anyone outside of the tower they would come in. But as he came closer Alyan could see that Elayahi still had that collar around her neck, he then realised that there would be no one outside, she couldn’t escape without reforming and reforming would almost certainly kill her with that collar on. Alyan leant over his sleeping wife and with pained eyes caressed her cheek gently; to wake her. As Elayahi’s eyes opened his expression changed to joy, tears prickling in his eyes. Alyan pressed a finger against her lips; pleading for her not to speak, he sat beside her, a hand running through her hair. “Elayahi.” He whispered, his forehead pressed against hers. “I can’t stay, I will come back for you but I can’t take you with me now…” Tears ran down his face as his longed to kiss his wife, but couldn’t bring himself to kiss her, knowing that it could be their very last.

Nevaeh was dragged back into the huts by several satyrs; she was shouting to Theanos to let her help him fight. She was strong but in her weakened state she wasn’t strong enough to fight off the goats. Pushed back to where she and Theanos were previously sat the king was still sat before her. She didn’t look up at him at first; after all she wasn’t as educated and Theanos wasn’t there to embarrass her further. “Tell me, why do you travel with the prince.” The king spoke solemnly “I don’t know at this moment in time… He needs me, but right now he is being a complete…” The king laughed. “ You are certainly feistier than any other Elf I have ever encountered.” “That’s because I have spent my entire life around people who like to push me around, And I’ve grown not to like it.” “But he is a prince.” “And a hot head, an arrogant statue of muscle…to name a few…” The king laughed harder. “I can see why he likes you, oh please do not give me that look young one I have been across the seven realms; a Lycan with an elf is nothing to behold. It is my fault that you are not out there I suppose, telling him to fight them but rightly so, your bow and arrows will do nothing against them, their skin as tough and impermeable as the darkest of bewitched metal, you would only cause the prince a hindrance as he would want to make sure you were safe. Come, you can stay in my company until his deed is done.” Nevaeh obliged, enraged that she couldn’t fight alongside Theanos, but equally worried about him, she hoped that he would succeed but had never seen an elemental as harrowing.

Alyan couldn’t stand it anymore, his lips gently brushing Elayahi’s. His hands running through her golden hair, he had to be quick and leave, he could hear footsteps in the tower stairwells. He said no more, breaking a beaded necklace from him; handed it to Elayahi and was out of the window again, scaling the roof of the palace, climbing down into the thick woodlands, to meet with his brothers under the western waterfalls.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 am

Elayahi was escorted at spearpoint back to her room, she held the tears back until she got there. The door being closed they fell from her cheeks, falling onto the neckcuff, leaving it fizzling and clicking in an unusual manor. Finally, laying on her bed, she cried herself to sleep. A gentle breeze woke her from her sleep, or she thought it was anyway. When she opened her eyes, she saw the bruised face of her husband. Just another dream, she thought, until his cold flesh touched her skin. 'Alyan... you...' she sat up, only for him to silence her with tears. “I can’t stay, I will come back for you but I can’t take you with me now…” Her warm tears rolled down her cheeks once more, dropping onto their entwined hands. 'They're going to hang you... my mother... If they catch you they'll kill you... I'll never see you again...' She looked into his big eyes, he was so different to her, but they were the same, like two bodies and one mind, nobody had ever fitted her so well. Her burning hand on the back of his neck, she kissed him, like she was never going to see him again, and it was so likely that she wouldn't. Either he would be caught and killed, or would be on the run for the rest of his life while her marriage to him would be wiped out like it never happened. He pulled away from her suddenly, she had heard the footsteps but didn't want to believe that he had to go. He handed her his necklace and finally, their hands parted. In an instant he was gone and guards were pounding at her door. She sank to her knees, crying, the beads wrapped around her fingers. The guards kicked down the door, and started turning her room upsidown. One ran to her. 'Where is he?! Where'd he go?' She cried more as he shook her. 'He... He's gone to the... to the fifth relm... he's never going to come back...' she convinced them.

Theanos faced his competitors, Nevaeh's outraged screams and insults drowning out with the sound of blood pumping through his ears. The creatures moved towards him, and everything went silent. He pulled his sword from its sheath, the sound of it being drawn and the light eminating from it making them hiss with anger. Bad move. They lunged, shards of ice flying at him, thankfully rebounding off of his armour, he soon found out within a few minutes that using a sword wasn't going to help. He threw it to one side amid attacks from them, their rock solid teeth and nails slashing at his chain mail. He reformed, taking every ounce of energy that he had to do so in such cold temperatures.
It seemed like hours before any progress was made, plates of his armour had been ripped from him, he was bleeding badly from one side and the creatures were hardly getting started. He advanced on them again, before he could get even close, they hissed, the floor cracked between them, creating a deep crevice. Theen strugled to stop in time, one of his paws, slipping off the edge. While he was down, they attacked. He whimpered in pain as one sunk their teeth into his flanks, the other on his back, keeping him down. His cried of pain were high pitched, like the whimper of an injured dog. They had frozen him, his body was beginning to freeze from the inside out as they devoured him alive, the satyrs had all but lost hope, crying and wailing with fear and dispair. With one last push of effort, he threw them from him, his front paw limp from snapping it, he stood with immense pain. The creatures laughed at him, it was beginning to get light and he was almost defeated, a prince of the relm and he was dying. Then, something happened. From over the snowy peaks, the sun rose, its light illuminating Theanos' golden armour and reflecting onto the snow. The power of it starting to melt it. The creatures screeched, holding their severed arms up infront of their eyes. Theen saw his chance, he attacked, goign straight for the throat. In their weakened state, they were no match for him. The sound of them dying was horrific, enough to haunt the minds of children for years to come. As they bled their thick black liquid from their decapitated forms, they slowly melted into the snow, dissappearing until their was no recollection of them. Theen listened to the fading sounds of the satyrs celebrating, he sank to his knees, his form slowly fizzling out to normal again. He could hear Nevaeh's voice faintly, she sounded horrified. And then, everything went black.

A week later, Elayahi was summoned to the courtroom. Her body weak from refusing food, she found herself stood infront of her mother, and Laman, a cousin of hers. He had a profound smirk on his face as he watched her walk in. She stood before them, bowing her head to her mother. 'Elayahi, I have decided that in light of recent events, something needs to be done to wipe away the shame you have brought upon the Graddeoan name. Laman and I have been talking.' she didn't like the sound of that. Laman was a particularly violent Lycan, he had been known to kill women for pleasure and the way he was looking at her, she could believe it. 'Laman has kindly offered to take your hand in marriage.' Elayahi looked at her mother in disbelief. 'Mother. I am married already. I cannot marry two men.' Laman slammed his fists on the desk. 'You are married to an animal, if you can call what you did marriage. It is an abomination and you should be thankful that someone as kind as myself has even offered to taint your disgrace.' she growled at him, a low deep growl that stunned him into silence. 'I have called off the hunt for your pet for now Elayahi. If you refuse Laman's kind offer, it will reume. I will find him, and kill him. Don't let the vain illusions of your outcast brother cloud your judgement. You WILL marry Laman. You have no choice. The ceremony will take place in two months. Now, get out of my sight.'
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:21 am

The forest was unusually dark as Alyan ran; he hadn’t eaten properly in days and had been forced to stay awake to weaken him. He didn’t dare look back, he could hear cries of Lycan guards and elemental watchmen, he had to keep running west and he would soon reach the waterfalls, perhaps by sunrise if he kept at his current pace. His legs were burning as he ran along; his muscles had thinned in the time he had spent in the palace, not training as rigorously as he had been before, but Alyan was certain that by the time he returned to Elayahi he would be stronger and ready to take on anything to be reunited with her. A few miles away he could hear the waterfalls and it urged him to continue, he was out of breath but needed to make sure his brothers had arrived safely and was please to see the two dark twins sat on a flat rock opposite the waterfalls. “Alyan!” Ainion shouted with a grin, his sharp teeth bared. The twins hugged their older brother, letting him drop to the floor in exhaustion, Voronwë knelt and handed his brother a skin of water, another in his hand of wine. “You can have this one later, first you need to rest.” Alyan sat up to drink but shook his head in protest. “We can’t stop here, they will be looking for us and we are too close.” The sun was coming up slowly, each of their faces more recognisable in the dim sunlight. Ainion pushed his brother back down. “We can for a day, the huntsmen went off In the completely opposite direction, assuming we would go back to our rebellion camp site or the neighbouring settlements, the way we are headed would be to the sea. Where they’d least expect a tree elf to venture. You can rest for today, we’ll keep guard.” The twins weren’t tired, in fact they were exhilarated from the experience, and it was just what they needed to wake them from the boredom of home life. Alyan however didn’t have to be told twice to sleep. The twins turned around to see their older brother practically unconscious on the flat rock, being warmed by the sun, the gentle spray of the enchanted waterfalls misting the trio. Voronwë stayed and watched over Alyan a Ainion got food for the three, but Alyan’s sleep was less than peaceful. Tossing and turning with feverish dreams of Elayahi.

It had been hours upon hours that Nevaeh had paced nervously alongside the king, against his advice to get some rest. It felt like months before a satyr came running in with a gleaming smile spread across his face. “They have been slain!” Nevaeh burst from the hut and towards the hellish cold. Elated that Theanos had survived, but just as he saw him Nevaeh watched Theanos fall to his knees and into the snow. “Theanos! Theanos no!” Nevaeh shouted, running barefoot in the snow to him. Kneeling besides him; her hands and chest covered in his blood. “Someone help him! He is still breathing!!” Nevaeh, like all Elves had healing qualities but she hadn’t any ingredients out this far, she let the Satyrs carry him inside, Nevaeh was going to help any way she could but it seemed that the Satyrs knew what they were doing and what they needed. Days passed and Theanos didn’t stir, he had been patched up and cleaned up but he lay as if he were in a deep sleep. Nevaeh watched the King regain his land, slowly the snow dissipated, leaving behind lush greenery. This meant that the Satyrs no longer had to eat meat and Nevaeh was well fed. She looked healthier in a matter of days. She sat beside Theanos, changing his bandages and cleaning his hair, waiting for that moment when his eyes opened. For the first few days no one was sure if he would make it, but Nevaeh kept faith. A week passed, Nevaeh still sat beside the prince, it was late in the night and she was beginning to nod off when she heard him stir. Immediately she leant into him. “Theanos? Oh Theanos, you are alive, you did so well.” She smiled, sitting back, giving him room to breathe. She didn’t call any of the Satyrs, she wanted to be with him for a brief moment in peace. “Do you feel like death? You looked like it earlier…”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am

Theanos had troubled dreams, flashbacks of his eldest brother, his smile played to the sound of his death. He also had more troubling dreams, of his sister, in her room, except everything was different, she was wearing a death-collar, and her face was shrouded with tears. He didn't know how long he had be unconsious, he just remembered the first thing he saw when waking up. The princes eyes flickered open, the dull light of the candles hurting his deep brown eyes . Everything was blurry for a moment, before he heard her voice. He rolled his head to the side to see her face, managing to give a weak smile. 'What happened?' “Do you feel like death? You looked like it earlier…” his voice was worryingly quiet and weak, speaking in little more than a whisper. 'You're not funny.' he coughed, his ribs feeling like they had been smashed to smitherines. He trailed off his coughing, turning his head to look at her again. He felt so weak, like all the life had been drained out of him. Looking up into her face however, gave him a feeling that he couldn't describe. He motioned for her to lean in closer so she could hear him. He lifted a hand to rest on her shoulder, just to make sure she was real. She lay on him, her ear close to his mouth so she could hear him. 'You're so beautiful.' he whispered, his voice barely audiable. He held onto her neck as she went to pull away, looking into her large eyes. A tear came to his eye as he looked at her, realizing just how much he valued her. 'I love...' just at that moment, Remar walked in. 'Savour Theanos! You are awake! All is not lost!'
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:12 am

Nevaeh turned to see Remar, at first she was a little frustrated but to see the joy in his eyes melted her icy stare. Everyone was elated in the settlement, there had been talks of a festival in Theanos’ name which Nevaeh had assumed that Theanos would only be too happy about. She knew for certain that later that day in the evening, now that the Satyrs knew that their saviour was awake there would be a feast in Theanos’ honour at the very least. Nevaeh stood as Remar scuttled away Theanos was certainly weaker but she had a feeling that he would survive, Nevaeh took one of his hands in order to help Theanos sit up; it were times like these that she wished Locien was around, he would have been able to fix Theanos up in days, but in the time that the greenery had flourished the satyrs had more ingredients to work with, hopefully allowing the Theanos to heal quicker. Nevaeh for the first time wanted to keep moving, she was having nervous premonitions about her brothers, nothing visible to her, just the thought that something horrible was happening or was going to happen., she had tried to ignore it but it was like a terrible pang at the bottom of her stomach, as if she were about to be sick.

But for now she was just happy to see Theanos with his eyes open. “Don’t try and stand up yet. Wait there, I’ll get your some water.” Nevaeh left the room for a moment, and took a large just of water off of a satyr just outside, “Here, you should probably drink it all, you know not having drunk anything in the last week. I’ll get the Satyrs to get you some meat too. Trust me, right now even the king is willing to jump into a roaring fire for you, you’re their hero.” Nevaeh smiled and poured the water into a cup for Theanos, leaving the jug by his side on a table. She hadn’t been quite so happy in a while, ever since they had left on bad terms she felt like she had something to prove or was dancing on eggshells with Theanos. But now she was just happy to see him alive. Nevaeh hardly had time to get another word in before Remar burst in. “My prince! The kind wishes to see you! He is coming now.” Nevaeh turned to the door and rolled her eyes In jest, “Come Remar, Let’s give the King and Theanos some privacy, I am sure there are things that we can do in the meantime?” “Oh yes Nevaeh, there are many things that need to be arranged before tonight, perhaps we shall go out and collect berries to accompany to wine?” “Sounds like a good idea.” Nevaeh looked back at Theen with a smile, “I will get someone to bring you food in a moment.” But as she left it seemed that along with the king came a large platter of food for Theanos.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:56 am

Theanos’ eyes were heavy in his skull; they rolled back in his head, threatening to induce sleep at every chance. Fortunately, the King entered just as that sleep was imminent. ‘My Lord.’ The Prince pulled himself up in his bed, looking like a rag doll as he did. ‘You have done my people a great service.’ Ulysees looked a lot bigger in the room, or perhaps, he was a lot bigger, the energy that was returning to the whole place had given him power to return to what he once was. ‘We are holding a feast in your honour upon the next moon.’ ‘Tomorrow night?’ Theen groaned, feeling a little sick as he sat up. ‘Yes, you will recover enough by then… for what you’ve done; this is the smallest gift I can give.’ He crossed the room and knelt to the floor where Theen was laying, pressing a hand on his chest. Light wound its way around his hand and into his chest, when he pulled it away, a dark burn mark was scorched into his chest, but it didn’t hurt, it was warm and comforting, he could feel his strength returning. ‘What is this?’ He breathed ‘You are too young to remember, but I’th’olden time this was a great symbol, it’s a symbol of healing, it will help in your quest.’ He looked down to it with the greatest of respect ‘Thank you, I believe it is helping already.’ The King nodded and left the small tent.

Elayahi stood on a podium in the centre of a circular room. The walls were lined with mirrors, and everywhere she turned she could see her defeated expression. ‘What about this fabric Princess?’ She turned her head to look down at the expensive looking roll of white lace. ‘It’s white.’ The woman looked flummoxed ‘D…did you want eggshell? Or cream maybe?’ ‘Shouldn’t it be black? Seeming as it’s my funeral.’ One of the mirrors clicked and swung open majestically as Andraisgloch walked in with two guards and several handmaids. ‘Smile will you. You’re making everyone miserable.’ She walked in like she was floating, with as much grace as a swan. A gold leaf chair was brought for her, it wasn’t much, but with her sat in it, it was throne-like. ‘Try the white, with the full skirt.’ Her voice was powerful and commanded attention, but she wasn’t the king, she couldn’t run the realm without a man. There was a rack of expensive, tailor made dress’ to their right, all of which Elayahi had already rejected, and nobody was there to force her, until her mother walked in. The princess was whisked away behind a standing screen and then promenaded out again like a prize turkey. ‘No. No that won’t do. We want something a little smaller, more conservative for a princess of the realm.’ The Queen stood and walked to the rack, flicking through the many dress’ ‘You were there at my wedding Mother, you condoned it at the time, threw a ball for me and my husband.’ ‘THAT IS ENOUGH.’ A few around the room jumped at the harsh growl escaping from the usually composed woman’s lips. ‘I was grieving for my husband. You took advantage of that. Now, put this on.’ She pulled out a long lace dress with a fanned out train. Elayahi went with one of her handmaidens to put it on behind the screen. ‘If you don’t mind me saying your highness…’ Elayahi looked down to the woman, she had never noticed her before, but she was an elf, ‘I appreciate what you are trying to do, but if it were a choice between keeping my husband and myself alive, or us both being executed, I know what I’d choose.’ Elaya looked down with wide eyes ‘Now. This I think, is the dress for you.’ They walked out once more for her mother to stand, hands to her mouth. ‘Oh, my darling, yes, yes this is the one. Turn for me.’ She span around, eyes on the floor. The dress was backless, scooping down to the very bottom of her back, from there; it was buttoned down to the floor. ‘Beautiful! Oh my darling! Now, if we let your hair loose, and maybe…’ she was cut short by her daughter ‘Perhaps, I mean, I was thinking, a lace hood, instead of a veil… it’s more traditional, and it will set off the diamonds…’ Her mother’s eyes had a glance of suspicion in them, which was soon forgotten as she embraced her youngest child. ‘I just knew you’d come around. Here now…’ she reached into one of the folds of her dress and pulled out a square of metal that had some odd impressions on one side, she pressed it up against the death collar, it clicked and broke in two, falling to the floor. Elayahi looked up to her mother, tears of confusion in her eyes. ‘I don’t think we’ll be needing this anymore will we? You’ll be a good girl won’t you?’ Elayahi nodded in defeat, the Elven woman was right, she would do anything to ensure her husband’s safety.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:37 am

The Alyan was unable to sleep for more than a few hours but it was enough to sustain him, looking to his younger brothers they agreed to keep travelling seaward. Ainion had acquaintances near the sea that would be able to help them whilst they planned their next move. It was going to be some time before they had enough recourses to gain entry into the palace, especially when a royal wedding was to occur but Alyan knew there wasn’t enough time, he had to hurry. It took three days travel before they could smell the salt air and already Alyan was anxious of their progress, he couldn’t afford deliberating with sea-dwellers whilst his one true love was locked away; who knew when he would see her again. The thoughts were too painful, instead he focused his attention to his brothers who after traversing the steep hill forest they reached cliff top, it dropped dramatically before their feet and directly below them was there small coastal village of quo’lam. “They are…” Ainion paused his elder brother. “Sea dwellers, controllers of water.” Alyan looked a little disappointed and concerned. “But will they not simply throw us into the water to our deaths.” The twins laughed and spoke simultaneously “You maybe, we have charm!” Alyan shook his head and decided to follow his brothers along the steep zig-zag path which they obviously had experience traversing. But then they had always had a particular proclivity for getting out of tight situations, their agility used to its full potential. Reaching the bottom the three took off their shoes and walked along the chalky sand to the nearby village, the heat under their feet was very uncomfortable. “And you’re sure these people can offer us any help?” Voronwë just laughed, a little ahead. “Well, keeping you safe from the palace guards is a pretty good start you twit.” Ainion continued. “Yeah, but besides, we’re going to need more than just us three to get her out of there, these guys can’t really leave water but a friend of mine does have some connections.”

Nevaeh waited outside of where Theanos’ hut for a while whilst the king spoke but another Satyr came past and asked if she would like to see what Theanos’ victory had done. Intrigued Nevaeh followed the small creature towards the main gates; at first she was apprehensive, with none of her furs on but as the gate opened she wasn’t hit with an unforgiving wind of ice, instead greeted with the same warmth of the satyr’s dwelling. And instead of a blanket of white and grey as far as she could see there was a plenteous amount of green.

Alyan was unsure of the sea-side shanty that his brothers had lead him to, al he had seen so far was rouge after rouge and the occasional eye patch. The men and women around the area didn’t look like the most convential settlers or even elementals or coastal elves. “I don’t…” The twins turned around with a shrug. “So maybe it used to be a coastal settlement…like…thirty decades ago.” Ainion grinned and continued. “Oh come on we’re not messing you around, we’re being serious here! These guys will help you out I swear.” The twins lead Alyan into a small hut made of drift wood an old woman sat in the corner, blind and disfigured. Even so, Alyan was insistent of keeping his sword close. “You have no need for that, child.” The three were a little startled. “Ainion, Voronwe; maverick told me you would be coming at some point, is there a problem with your companion here? He seems so out of sorts…oh he is the one that you sent word of? I see, well he won’t be around for another hour or so, here…eat.” Each given a bowl of what looked like a stew Voronwe decided to explain what was going on. “So what we didn’t tell you… these people are the true rebellion. They have been fighting the Lycan monarchy in this realm for over a century; some of the men are from the original draft too. These will be the men and women to help you get Elayahi back. They recognise that she has a pure heart and if she were to rule the throne most of their problems would be dealt with. It is the males and her mother they can’t stand. But we need to meet with Maverick, he has the most experience of this sort of thing… often breaking into the palaces and causing havoc. We sent word before us and he has agreed to help.”

Nevaeh didn’t return to Theanos that afternoon, instead she helped the satyrs prepare the food and the hall. She wasn’t the most culturally diverse person but there was a mutual gratitude between them, her companion had saved their lives and livelihood and they had provided what she had needed; green food. Over the week she had regained her health, not as thin and her slight colour regained. As the evening approached all satyrs congregated on the floor in pairs opposite to each other as to mimic a table between them, sitting on the floor in thanks for their recent fortune, wanting to be close to their mother earth; Nevaeh sat near the top of this arrangement but Theanos was to sit next to the king, she would be able to watch him but she was more fascinated with what was going on around her, she hadn’t ever experienced a feast quite like it. Nevaeh was enjoying the moment, only knowing too well that as soon as Theanos felt well enough to travel and fight they would be on their way again into the harsh reality of the badlands. The barren moorland were tough but even looking forward to the harrowing black mountains was enough to make her feel ill. She didn’t regret her decision to follow her love but she enjoyed being sheltered from the vicious reality for while longer. Nevaeh copied those around her with a lowered head as Theen was accompanied by the king to their places, cushions laid for them instead of sitting in the dirt like the rest of those at the feast. The food was magnificent for those who had recently seen so little, everyone was joyous. Nevaeh looked over to Theanos with a smile; he looked even better for the King visiting him earlier.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:53 am

Theanos felt considerably festive after the feast held in his honour, he had eaten and drank until overly merry and was now stumbling back to his hut with a heavy arm around his favourite elf. ‘Say! Have I ever told you how…’ his words were separated by hiccups ‘how attractive the women in the seventh realm thought my brother was…?’ he laughed, throwing his arm out a little, spilling some of his strong drink. ‘They used to sit outside of his room all night just to gatch… gatch a climpse of him…’ he giggled a little at his lack of eloquence. ‘I was always… jealous of him you know. Geddyn was… too.’ He stopped for a moment, leaning against her, his legs wobbling. Looking up into Nevaeh’s face he smiled broadly ‘You are so pretty, if you were not pretty I would have left you in that cell.’ He looked at her a moment longer before bursting into laughter ‘That was a… a lie’ he giggled ‘I got you out because you were arrogant, nobody spoke to… to me like that before. You reminded me of my brother, of Faolan…’ he trailed off a little, then sipping his beer again until it was empty, then throwing the tankard on the floor, it clattering around and scaring some goat-men ‘You! Fetch me another of whatever that was!’ he was semi aware of his surroundings, usually there would be a lycan guard at hand to watch over him in his drunken state, however this was one of the few times he had been relaxed enough to drink until intoxicated since the war began. The festivities continued somewhere off in the main halls of the colony and soft music played through the candlelit hallways of the wooden walkways. They soon reached the princes hut, almost diving through the doorway in attempt to not hit his head, unfortunately miscalculating the die and hitting it anyway. He slammed hard on the pillowed floor, bringing Nevaeh down with him.

The day for the wedding was fast approaching, acting was getting tiring and Elayahi thought of Alyan every day. ‘Darling, Laman asked you a question.’ The young princess looked up from the table where she was picking at her game meat. ‘Pardon me cousin?’ she asked, refusing to refer to him by any other name. ‘Are you not hungry Elayahi?’ she looked down to her almost untouched food and frowned ‘No. Not today. You asked me a question?’ His smarmy grin spread across his blood smeared face ‘I asked whether you would walk in the garden with me this evening?’ his sentence structure may have been educated and well crafted; however his thick Lycan accent dirtied the speech. The princess’ eyes flickered to her mother who soon got the hint and answered for her. ‘Of course she will, we were just talking the other hour about how you should spend more time together… alone.’ He looked up from his food again; a little surprise in his face ‘is this true Miss?’ Of course it wasn’t true, her mother had often talked about him and his money and his buildings but of course she knew that her daughter was compromising by marrying a man so, vulgar, as Laman. ‘Are you insinuating the Queen is a liar?’ he held her stare for a moment or two before smiling again. ‘I was told you had no sense of humour Miss.’

The evening soon came, Elayahi was dressed in a floor-length gown, something completely impractical for walking in the forest, however fitting for a walk in the palace gardens. Her white hair pinned back and her face bare, she stood waiting for her fiancée, not a good sign. He was late, but came lazily sauntering around the corner to greet her. ‘Princess.’ She begrudgingly took his arm and began to walk with him, politely nodding and agreeing with everything he had to say to him until they were out of sight from tall palace windows. ‘You are a very beautiful creature Elayahi…’ he drooled, ‘the most…pleasing…’ he looked her up and down crudely ‘of all of my cousins…’ she smiled a little ‘You flatter me Laman.’ She said courtly before feeling his hand on her side ‘a man finds himself driven to do things to beautiful women Elayahi.’ She looked up at him with wide eyes as his hands found themselves where only Alyan’s had been. ‘Wh… what are you doing? Get off of me!’ she yelped, pushing him away with great effort. ‘You can’t expect me to wait for something I’m going to take.’ He growled, pushing her up against a wall. ‘You are only a woman; you can’t deny me what I crave.’ She panicked, letting out frightened yelps as he forced himself upon her. The next thing she knew however, she was filled with rage, an angry bark escaped from her and he was knocked to the floor. He seemed smaller and strangely frightened of her. ‘I may be a woman, but I will be your queen one day and I will tear you limb from limb if you touch me again.’ Her voice was lower, raspier. She didn’t like it at all, it was like something inside of her had snapped, and she hadn’t any control over her deepest emotions anymore. Before he could get back up again she ran off, it felt strange and liberating at the same time, looking down at herself however she could tell something wasn’t right. Instead of her feet snow white paws were there. She had done this once before but the shock of seeing it again sent her into a blind panic and before she knew it, everything was dark. She dreamed of Alyan when she was unconscious or asleep, sometimes it was so real, like he was there.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:36 am

After a long and unbroken silence there was a small dark figure in the horizon, easily mistaken as no more than a speck of grit blown into sight; however a sharp and keen elven eye proved it to be otherwise. 'Here he comes' Ainion murmured, placing down his wooden bowl and watching intently, Voronwë had hardly looked up; he had little dealings with those of old. It was one of Ainion's companions from the days where the twins had not travelled together; he had offered to help out of love for his brother; as well as the possibility of finding his own payment in the palace walls. Alyan felt uneasy watching the ominous figure approach as he had wanted to tackle the corruption himself. It was his sole duty to rescue his wife, but even Alyan's foolhardy nature couldn't deny that the task was too great alone and he would need all the help he could get. There was little said as the taller man entered the small hut, the three elves stood but the man said nothing still. It was only he older woman who formally introduced both guest and the man stood before them, but before she could finish Maverick spoke. "I know the night dwellers," he turned to Alyan, "And you are their kin, but tell me your name, why do you come here? A place that time in forgetting?" Alyan hadn't expected to feel quite so anxious. "I am Alyan, son of Al' veh, blacksmith and battle-born." Maverick smirked, his tired and weather-worn face receiving a new light. "I didn't realise that this was the place for such formalities, but I will oblige." his voice was deep and rough; there was not musical tone to his voice, it were as of the three elves could hear the echoes of a thousand battle cries in his throat. In times of old I was named Maverick; a tribute to my forefathers you see. I am son of Rohdan, Warrior and chief." But the man couldn't keep up the formalities for long, a laugh escaped his lips. " I will tell you plainly, I come from across the seas, the northern realms of the east where my family line leads to human blood, a people no longer recognised or remembered, but I am, as it stands to say, a controller of the elements, of fire." Maverick paused as Alyan gawped a little, he remembered stories of humans that his parents had been told it was only their grandparent's grandparents that had seen the humans fall, and an elemental too. "It would also not be wise to call me by my human name; I will take Rohdan like my father." After the formalities were over, the four sat and discussed their situation, the mention of the palace and the Queen set a fire blazing in the man's eyes.

Theanos' drunken words didn't appear to phase the young elf much, her mind was considering other things, however she did pay enough attention to brace herself when the prince tried to fling himself through the doorway, knowing far too well that she too would be taken down. Unlike her companion she missed the doorframe and landed safely, though, rather precariously, on his chest. Stretching her leg was the only exertion needed to close the wooden door before settling herself again, now slightly to Theanos’ side, her head still resting against his chest with her eyes still closed. “We cannot stay for much longer.” Nevaeh sighed, knowing that the conversation was long overdue but not appropriate for the moment. She resolved to get Theanos to leave tomorrow. There was still the sound of soft music in the air; faintly lulling her to sleep, but before she could rest ¬Nevaeh opened her eyes and kissed Theanos’ cheek “Rest well, my prince.” She fell silent soon after; hoping that his drunkenness didn’t affect his sleep. They were going to need the energy the next day. But the sun rose early and there was a lessening in the snowstorm. Nevaeh was woken by the sounds of soft commotion outside, she rolled over and stood up over cushions, stumbled over crumpled rugs and fumbled under rustic cloths to finally find her belongings, only to then hear heavy breathing behind her. “Oh no you don’t” Nevaeh grumbled turning around to kick him in the arm. “We need to go!” She looked anxiously at him. “Something is wrong, I can feel it!” She pressed a hand heavily against her chest and sighed. “The satyrs are preparing some of the things we will need, but they said we need to get up onto higher ground before the snow rolls in heavy again; or we could be trapped here for another month!”

It had been several days, maybe a week or more that Alyan had stayed with Rohdan, it took meticulous speculation and planning but the four men had finally come up with a plan. “We will feign an attack on the palace on the day of the wedding. My men will be able to cover this part of the arrangement.” Rohdan grinned, happy to be a nuisance to the state. “And this will give my brothers and I a chance to slip past and get into the ratways below, several lead to the main chamber’s kitchen and old tower, we will enter there.” Alyan added. “Yes, then the rest is up to you.” Rohdan spoke thoughtfully. “We leave for the palace in three days, send word to Elayahi by raven, if my accounts from the palace are correct, she is in the old tower this evening.”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:38 am

Theanos felt considerable festive after the feast held in his honour, he had eaten and drank until considerably merry and was now stumbling back to his hut with a heavy arm around his favourite elf. ‘Say! Have I ever told you how…’ his words were separated by hiccups ‘how attractive the women in the seventh realm thought my brother was…?’ he laughed, throwing his arm out a little, spilling some of his strong drink. ‘They used to sit outside of his room all night just to gatch… gatch a climpse of him…’ he giggled a little at his lack of eloquence. ‘I was always… jealous of him you know. Geddyn was… too.’ He stopped for a moment, leaning against her, his legs wobbling. Looking up into Nevaeh’s face he smiled broadly ‘You are so pretty, if you were not pretty I would have left you in that cell.’ He looked at her a moment longer before bursting into laughter ‘That was a… a lie’ he giggled ‘I got you out because you were arrogant, nobody spoke to… to me like that before. You reminded me of my brother…’ almost like magic, the prince found himself drifting into a deep, intoxicated slumber.

It must have been late when the feeling took him – Flashed images of his less than savoury cousin looking shocked, an intense feeling of pain and fear taking over him, blurred visions of the castle grounds and then darkness, darkness and cold. Theanos woke with a start, his thick winter coat engulfing the elf as his large body curled around the small room, filling it almost entirely. Reforming in sleep was not uncommon for a wild lycan in his natural state, however he had always been brought up ‘properly’ only reforming partly or not at all. The images he’d seen and the feelings he’d felt were not natural, he had been linked with one of his siblings, knowing Geddyn’s internal thought pattern it wasn’t him, but close. Curling up once more in his natural state, warmer than usual, he was concerned about the journey ahead. He had taken some time to heal and was now convinced he had to get what was needed quicker than he had anticipated.

The slow drip of water on the cold stone floor echoed around the hallways, Andraisgloch looked at her sleeping daughter, her pride and joy, she was almost as tall as her mother now, but looked somehow fragile laid out on the cold slab of the sacrificial table. Her pale skin was bruised a deep red on the side of her forehead, with her spiny fingers, the Queen reached out to touch it, quickly retracting her digits when her daughter’s eyes flickered open, replacing an expression of concern with one of nonchalant anger. ‘Wh… where am I?’ Elayahi was cold, her wrist ached and as she turned her head to look up at them, she felt a surge of electricity warning her around her neck and froze. ‘You cannot be trusted. We thought the creature was dormant inside of you didn’t we. But puppy has learnt to escape. Well we can’t have you do any more danger to yourself now can we. No more bruises on princess’ face before her special special day. You shall stay down here.’ She stood, staring down at the young lycan. ‘You should be thankful Laman has forgiven you.’

Theanos was woken in the morning by a sharp kick to his ribs which caused a low growl to escape from him. He closed his eyes and rolled over again, only to be chastised by the elf. ‘One more moon…’ he grumbled before being pulled to sitting. ‘It will be cold out there. I shall have to hunt sooner or later. And dark too, it will be dark.’ He paused ‘I don’t know how well elven eyes work in the dark… I missed the dissection lesson in my younger years.’
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top