Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

2 posters

:: Roleplay :: Roleplay

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 6 Empty Re: Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

Post  Outrageous. Mon May 16, 2011 7:18 am

LIFE IS NEVER EASY FOR THOSE WHO DREAM
there is no cure for curiosity
Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 6 Ania11
{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia learned to keep her head down for the next couple of weeks, she was put through painstaking hours of dancing lessons, piano recitals, various awkward family dinners where she was either being stared at or being completely ignored and elocution lessons which was her mothers favourite torture. The only thing keeping her saine from the unbelievable suffering was Henry. She often left the house to go out for riding lessons with him. Well, they called it lessons, but it was just a way of him getting paid to ride with her and exercise the horses. She was far more superior in riding than him anyway... or so she liked to believe...

'I just don't understand it Miss Curnrow. If your mind my language he's an absolute cretin for doing this to you.' She frowned, delicately as they rode together across open fields in the late afternoon sun. 'I mean, maybe his highness was offended by your brother, but, for him to be passing up an opportunity... or i mean... to give up on you...' he quietened down. She turned to look at him 'Henry, perhaps you are all too involved in this for your own good.' Antonia said in a breath. 'I just dont understand. I mean, if you were mine i would do everything humanly possible to just spend every doting second with you... that's the problem with your people. You think everything can be bought... even love.' he spat out the last sentence, sounding too old for his actual age. His hair blew about gently in the breeze and the look of defiance never wavered from his face. 'Oh Henry...' she muttered. 'Sometimes I wish... never mind...' He looked at her, eyes wide, his horse slowing to a halt. 'You wish what?' The stallion that Alexander gifted her slowed a stop just in front of him, so she didn't have to see his face. 'Sometimes I wish that I could be like you, that I could get away with so much without worrying about scandal or shame or blood lines. Sometimes I wish I could just do what I like and like what I do, money is such a poor man's game.' There was a pause, and she wondered if perhaps he was angry with her, turning the horse, she saw his young face, tears in his eyes. 'My God Henry... whatever is the matter man?' He turned his head away from her, trying to hide his expression. 'Nothing Miss Curnrow... I'm sorry.' She laughed a little 'Oh I do enjoy your company Henry. But please, I shall not tell you again. My name is Antonia. Now. I best be getting back, there will be some kind of ball tonight that I must attend and no doubt that means dancing with the whole assembly... footmen included.' he laughed loudly. 'Oi! That's me uncle you're talking 'bout!' she smiled as they turned back. 'And I suppose your brothers have banned you from the drink as well huh?' She rolled her eyes 'You suppose right.' 'The monsters...'

They were back in ample time, the horses were stabled and she was ushered inside the house to be outfitted with the new dress her mother proposed she wear. She had been treated like a child ever since she had returned, and if she uttered one word against it then she'd be in a whole world of trouble, which was more than her life was worth. So she wore the plain linen dress, with no chantilly lace or embroidery on it, as it was too good for her. She walked down the stairs, her hair appropriately dressed but with an added moss-green ribbon that matched the one she had added around her waist. She walked down the stairs only to a horrified squeel from her mother. 'And what is that?' Her sisters turned to her as she desceneded and her mother pointed as if some creature from the deepest pits of hell was clinging to her. 'It's a ribbon mother.' The woman rolled her eyed 'Do not even dare get smart with me Antonia. Who did you steal it from?' She was now at the bottom of the stairs, her sisters hiding htheir faces from her, too afraid to say any word against their mother. 'It is mine mother, I bought it in Rochester town a while back whe I went in with Father to fetch some papers.' her mother raised an eyebrow. 'And why do you feel it appropriate to adorn the dress i so lovingly bought you?' She was now stood infront of her. 'Because I thought that any desperate, rich young men that were there would rather like it and might propose me marriage, which would take me out of your hands...' her mother laughed 'oh dear, what a nice sentiment... but we are all together given up on you by now.' She turned 'Come on girls, we ought to be going. Josiah will be expecting us early.'

They arrived a half an hour late to the ball, everyone turning as they were announced, gasps at her sisters as Antonia trailed behind them looking possibly younger than them if it wasn't for her face being mature and sculptured. She reached the dance floor and tried to walk past her brother who was greeting the rest of his sisters, unfortunately he grabbed her arm and pulled her back. 'The least you could do it look at me after I saved you from total embarassement.' he hissed. She nodded to him and wrenched her arm away, going to stand in the corner until somebody offered her a drink or to dance, which would probably be never knowing what men liked. So she looked down into her glass of spiced water and waited for it to end.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 6 Don_t_10
+they say curiosity killed the cat+
+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/jivey3

Back to top Go down

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 6 Empty Re: Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

Post  Rosé Fri May 27, 2011 2:23 am

Alexander Francis Granville
The Earl of Rochester
Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 6 Lucien12
❝ quiet● intelligent ● adventurous ● passionate ● hot - tempered❞

Alexander was soon informed of all that happened in Rochester whilst he was gone; one of the stable boys even managed to tell him what had happened to Antonia whilst he was gone as well. He had completely overlooked that she had not told her parents where she was going, or perhaps she hadn’t told her in the first place; he couldn’t remember. Neither the less he was disheartened that he had no note from her. When she had been kept away before she had always found contact or even slipped out of her parent’s grasp. He wondered if Antonia would be at the ball this evening but something told him that her parents would keep her at home. This in mind, Alexander became much like he was when he had first arrived in Rochester, quiet and cold faced, he wasn’t looking forward to attending the ball, especially as it was being hosted by people he had never met. “I am going to have to be civil aren’t I?” Alexander sighed melodramatically to William as he fastened his cravat in one of the ironically placed sun rooms; it perfectly never got direct sunlight. Alexander was going to get dressed formally later but for now he was going to ride. “I don’t know what you mean...” William chimed whimsically. “You are always civil...” Alexander’s hair was left down as he turned back to William with a sneer. “Oh very funny.” Alexander let his shoulders relax, they were in a quiet part of the manor but Alexander didn’t care if he was seen for the moment. With his shoulders relaxed he spoke naturally, his heavy central London accent echoing against the glass. “I can’t even speak wi’out livin’ a lie anymore...” William raised an eyebrow with a dark smile. “Oh, it’s been a while since I heard you speak like that Alexander.” A low laugh escaped his pale lips. “Well don’t you worry. You know once you tire of this place we can leave to another country for a century or so...” William came closer to Alexander, his hand hardly touching Alexander’s forearm. “I know,” Alexander whispered. “But...” William silenced Alexander with a kiss to his cheek, it was soft and brief; but it silenced Alexander all the same. “Sh.” William stood back and walked towards the thin wooden frame of the sun room’s door and slipped into the shaded corridor. “I will meet you here before the ball, yes?” Alexander called after William. William looked back and laughed. “Of course! You are the one going out for the day I am afraid I haven’t the energy to move!” Alexander rolled his eyes at William’s whimsical nature. “Then it is set! Seven this evening I shall meet you in the foyer.

Alexander didn’t care much for riding today, he toured his grounds but found no pleasure in it. The ball was on his mind. It was just going to remind him of her if she wasn’t there, and if Antonia was, he was sure that her brothers would soon enough get involved. Alexander was beginning to regret not taking up one of his ‘higher’ friend’s offers of being a count in the French countryside. “No.” He said sternly to himself. He was certain that Antonia would not forget him so easily, just as he had not forgotten her.

The evening was soon enough upon them and William and Alexander met in the foyer to greet their carriage. “Oh.” Alexander looked surprised to see William had a lady to take to the evening. “You didn’t tell me you were taking a friend, I feel a tad outnumbered on my own.” The mock expression was just another way for him to hide his knowing smile to William; they were both certain the young lady would not make it to see the next sunrise. Neither the less he kissed her hand softly and let William lead her into the carriage. The journey was short and the three made it to the ball in good time, William and his young friend soon disappeared and left Alexander to make polite conversation with the hosts who seemed thrilled that Alexander had attended the social gathering. “Yes, I do apologise. I was out of Rochester for some time on business and I only received the invitation yesterday.” He was then called over by another couple, inviting him to dinner at some point before the summer ended; to which Alexander had to politely accept. As the couple left he took a glass of heavy wine and stood by a set of high French doors, nothing could be seen outside, as the sun was fading the reflection of the interior was mirrored back to him.

Just as Alexander had settled of the fact that Antonia wasn’t going to be at the ball he heard her family being announced into the room, he looked up immediately and found her in the crowd, but was hesitant to go near, for now he was going to watch and wait, he could see her brothers around and had no doubt that they would be watching her and him all evening. It took Alexander a while but he was now sure of what to do. Finishing his glass of wine Alexander made his way through the crowd just as a piece of music ended, he knew that another piece would be played in moments. He spotted Antonia and made no hesitation in reaching her. “Excuse me, but would you care to dance?” He looked Antonia straight in the eye, he had a slightly knowing expression as he didn’t give her time to reply, instead led her to dance. He knew for a fact that her family would rather die than be embarrassed and confronting the earl at such a social event would cause all kinds of gossip; something of which the earl could easily shake, but He wasn’t so sure that her family would find it quite as easy. Alexander didn’t say anything at first, he was aware of the eyes boring into him from separate parts of the room. “It’s nice to see you again.” As they danced all Alexander wanted was to take Antonia by the hand and run off to another room or another house, find out what had happened and what he could do, but for now all he could do was dance with her.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 6 2410
+there is more to me than the eye see's+
+it doesn't mean that i'm more docile+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

https://heartsofpureice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Sat May 28, 2011 4:18 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Before she even heard his voice she knew it was him, She had known somehow he was there as soon as she walked in the room, but she daren't look for him, not with Josiah there, watching her every move. She couldn't explain how she knew, it was kind of like a burning at the back of her throat, and a tug at her chest, she had no idea what it was, but she sensed he was there. Lifting a hand to the large, central ruby that hung about her neck nestled amongst hoards of diamonds. It was the same that she had bought in London, the one thing (apart from the urchin boy) that her mother didn't confiscate from her. “Excuse me, but would you care to dance?” She looked up into his face immediately, not seeing him in such a long time, or indeed having any word from him was painful, and there he was, just forcing himself upon her, refusing to wait for her answer and dragging her out onto the floor to dance, prising her spiced water away from her on the way. She knew the dance, of course she did, her mother had drilled it into her. He took hold of her quickly and began to lead her into the dance like nothing had happened, like nobody was watching. She glanced around the room, Oliver had some stuffy old man talking to him, but he wasn't listening, instead watching them dance. She turned with the dance to spot Josiah in the corner of the room, the blood literally boiling in his face. He was grasping a crystal glass with whisky inside very tightly, so tightly infacty she feared it would break, his other hand she regretted to admit was curled tightly around his dress-sword hilt so tigtly that his knuckles were white. She didn't quite know what she had done to make her family hate her so much, she had just gone away on holiday for a while. The only thing she could see wrong was him. He took her to London, hurt her by revealing he was with another woman, loved her again and then, had the cheek to not even write her a measly letter when she was stolen away from him. Now as if to rub it all in, he swans back into a room, commanding her to dance with him without a second thought to the implications on her or her family. “It’s nice to see you again.” she looked up to him, disbelief plastered all over her face. 'Ugh!' she shouted before lashing out and slapping him across the face. The dance had stopped, he music paused and all eyes were on here. She paused, literally fuming, staring him down (which was quite an amusing sight seeing at how much shorter she was in comparison to him) until finally, she turned and stormed out in the direction of the door, crowds of people parting the way for her.

She knew he would follow her out, it was almost certain. If he was smart, he would leave out of another door so it was discreet and that her family would perhaps not even notice. She got out of the doors and starting down the long gravel path lined with trees and then forest until she heard her name in a familiar tongue. She didn't bother to turn around, just incase anyone was watching. Instead, she held her hand up and gestured to him in such a way her mother would faint. Or worse. She then stormed off behind a tree so she couldn't be seen by the window's of the house. She lay flat against it, angry expession still etched on her face as she ignored all his chattering. he rounded the large tree and she grabbed him by the collar, pulling him into her with such force that when her lips touched his she was almost not surprised at the cold. She pulled back after a moment to look at him, har hands still angrily wrapped around his collars. 'How dare you not write to me Alex. You are insufferable.' with studying his face for a few more seconds, she pulled him into her again, kissing him roughly like he had been gone years. 'I'm so... very... angry at you...' she uttered between kisses. Forgetting alltogether that it was still not dark enough for them not to be seen.

Josiah watched as the young gentleman left from a seperate door htat he knew only too well led outside after his sister. His grip laxed on his sword and he smiled a little, taking a sip from his whisky. She was clever that girl, he thought, watching her give him the finger before ducking behind a tree. Too clever. And ultimately, too much like him. But there was still something about the Earl that Josiah didn't like.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Sat May 28, 2011 4:52 am

The Earl of Rochester

The sharp clap to the cheek made Alexander nearly turn to the right. The mark faded incredibly quickly as he looked down to Antonia, she stormed off and he stood there for a moment with the whole room focusing on them. William caught onto this and hurried over to Alexander. “Oh my Lordship! Perhaps the lady is in need of rest.” Alexander shrugged his shoulders with a slight laugh “I dare say I stood on her food clumsily; I never was one for dancing.” He lied through his teeth as they spoke loudly, not wanting anyone to think that there was anything more to the situation, the masses were easily fooled. “Come my Lordship, shall we get you another glass of wine?” Alexander didn’t plan on following Antonia at first, but she had that necklace on. Once he had seen her with it on at the ball it was all he could think about, it was as if Antonia was walking through his very mind. He followed William but took a door by the small sand garden and walked around to the side gravel path that she was taking. He followed around twenty foot behind her and was pleasantly surprised by her gesture- so much so, that Alexander applauded loudly. “Bravo!” He did not care for the country life and the people he was being forced to be around, he was able to up and leave when he chose. But knowing Antonia wasn’t so privileged he played her game, following her into a wooded part of the lands. “Antonia...” He cooed. “I didn’t mean to be quite so blasé, come one, you’re just going to cause a-.” As he came around a large tree he was pulled into her; their lips touched. As she pulled away from him Alexander kept quiet, listening to her anger, only to be pulled in again.

Her kisses were unlike any other girls; she had a sense of power about her that was uncommon in the upper classes, especially for the girl her age. He still kept quiet, responding willingly to her kisses. There was an uncommon warmth about her too, it was that necklace he was sure. Ever since the African woman had placed it upon her there was another dimension to his attraction, he wasn’t going to be able to keep away.

“I know...I...” He laughed, slipping away from her grasp with a certain ease. He only took a step back. “Tell me though, what happened in London? You were just taken away. Did your brother not know you were staying with me?” He smiled knowingly, of course her family didn’t, that was part of her charm. “I did miss you, I had half expected a letter when I arrived in Rochester, surely you could have passed something by one of the stable boys, perhaps Henry?” He slipped in his name subtly; Alex had known about her riding with him whilst he was away. But Alexander made nothing of it.

His hair slightly falling out of its pony tail Alexander leant into Antonia. He placed two fingers under her chin and tilted her head to face him. “ I really did miss your company, Antonia...” Alexander found himself entranced by Antonia’s eyes. He kissed her softly. “You should return, I have no doubt your mother has heard about what has happened by now and has your brothers looking for you.” Turning around, Alexander kept walking. “I will come inside later; we should probably not enter together.” Walking into the darkness of the small forest Alexander had time to think about what to do next, it seemed he was going to have to be more cautious.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Sat May 28, 2011 7:18 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia didn't speak much to him as he talked, instead engrossed in the sound of his voice. 'Oh... yes... I think... inside... hmmm...' she turned away from him, holding the ruby around her neck as if it were her lifesource. She coughed violently as she walked away down the gravel path, despite the sun being out, it was still cold for a woman of her frame. She had not gotten over the fall in the river though the never would admit it. She returned to the ball as it commenced once more, her mother running up to her and wrapping her arms around her. 'Oh my dear child. Are you alright?! I was so worried for you after you left, I thought that awful man might try to follow you!' she hugged her daughter harder, who had a skeptical look on her face. 'You're so lucky' a teenage girl that had always been snobby towards her before butted in, fluttering her fan infront of her flushed face in the heat. 'I would give a thousand pounds just to be recognised by that man. He's so rich you know.' Mrs Curnrow pulled away from Antonia, her crocodile sobs miraculously dissapeared 'Oh my dear, he is an Earl afterall. And my Antonia, turning him down! Who would've thought a girl looking like you could ever... well it just goes to show doesn't it...' She smiled at the young women that were gathering 'Money doesn't buy taste...' there was a chittering of laughter from the girls at Antonia's expense. She wasn't too worried for it, normally she would come back with a witty response that would render the brainless girls speechless. But not tonight, she had been feeling a little ill for a while not that she would inform anyone, they would either laugh or tell her it was a curse for being so foolish. She coughed once again, but this time into a silken handkerchief given to her on one of her birthday's when she was younger. It was tattered and worn, but not so much so that when she pulled it away from her mouth she could not see the blood. She folded it and hit it once more. The water she held in her hand looked an appetising prospect, but when she brought it to her lips, the room became distorted, she became hot and flustered and then the room became dark.

Josiah ran over from where he was watching in the corner of the room. He hadn't let on, but he also knew his sister was sick, he had always been the closest with her, and now in her darkest hour he couldn't help but feel sick with her. He scooped her up from the cold hard floor and into his arms, the smashed glass glittering int he candlelight. His mother was screaming, fainting helplessly into his father's arms, who seemed completely nonchalant towrds everything. 'I shall take her home.' Josiah announced to his mother, before kissing her on the cheek and turning to leave. As he did so, he spotted the young Earl. Their eyes locked in contact, Josiah's glarse was stony, but he motioned towards the door to him, where he was heading himself. The necklace his sister wore about her neck seemed to be giving off its own light if only for a second, he blinked, and the light was gone. At the door, he faced the earl, sitting on the stone banistair outside cradling his small sibling in his arms. 'How has she been since she was with you. Was she well dressed? Was it hot where you were staying? Did she give any inclination of a cough or fever?' He studied the Earl's eyes to see if he was lying. 'Then I have no reason to believe she is really ill I suppose? It must have been something somebody gave her tonight... champagne perhaps... but the effects do not normally present themselves until days after...' he paused, looking up at the other man. 'She... You can't have given her.' He stood, feeling his sister's forehead, sure enough there was a fever. 'You fool!' he spat 'She is allergic to champagne. She has been ever since she was a child.' With the hatred in his eyes burning, he turned on his heels and headed towards a carriage.

Once home, the doctor was called, it was explained to him what had happened and they were able to give her some herbs and medicines to calm down her symptoms. The maids dressed her in her slip which had been specially made for her night-fits. Josiah re-entered the room, sitting on a wooden and upholstered chair at her bedside, holding her hand. He had always loved his sister, and fel a monstor for treating her so abhoringly over the past few days. If she were born a man her life would be accepted, or if she had grown up with older sisters that acted as an example rather than brothers that caused her adverse ways. He sighed, and waited up with her the whole night.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Sat May 28, 2011 8:56 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander spent a while outside but when the sun had finally set he chose to return to the festivities; partly curious if William’s date was still alive. The room had certainly heated up in his absence, the hostess of the evening running over to Alexander as he made his way into the foyer. “Oh my Lordship!” She almost cried. “I am so terribly sorry for you being disturbed earlier. I do hope it didn’t ruin your evening!” She looked frantic as if Alexander’s opinion would make or breath the evening “Do tell me if there is anything that you need.” Alexander shook his head. “It was no problem, just a misunderstanding; tonight has been...magnificent.” The middle aged woman looked as if she were about to faint with sheer joy. Alexander kissed her hand and excused himself towards the ballroom. He spotted Antonia and her mother near enough diagonally across the room from him. He would leave her for the rest of the evening, there was no use in disturbing the event, and by the looks that Oliver; Antonia’s brother, was giving him it seemed that one wrong move on his part could end in a fight. So like the gentleman he played so well Alexander sat on a French chaise lounge and took a glass of champagne. He was already receiving hints of female attention but he waved them away, proclaiming he was busy. He watched Antonia as she fainted without so much as flinching. He had expected it, she hadn’t been in full health for a while and it was only a matter of time. He did however sit up straight when Josiah’s stare caught his. He looked determined and cold; Alexander didn’t mirror his expression, instead as the Earl stood he smiled faintly to Antonia’s older brother. William hadn’t been seen since Antonia had hit Alexander, but he did hope he was keeping his business private.

William had found himself down by the river that brushed into the lands of the ball’s hosts; but they had gone further than their land markings, further along the river there was an abandoned lake house, made of silvery stone and only half a slate roof. William sat on its edge, overlooking the water, his young female friend lying behind him; her breath was heavy and her whimpers fading. William looked back to her with unforgiving eyes. “It will be other soon, try to enjoy the moonlight as I explain to you, and tell you the story of my making.” He brushed the young girl’s strawberry blonde hair from her tear-drenched face as she slowly bled to death in that small river side cabin. “I was twenty four at the time, but I was a reputable man. A market governor by trade, in the middle of Paris. I had a wife but she passed away, the plague had taken her.” William sighed. “And I wished for it to take me too, of course I was part of the lucky few who the Black Death bore no ill to me. I welcomed death and welcomed anyone to deliver it to me. The whore waiting outside the brothel, the landlord of the nearest inn and any Tom who caught my eye. But it was a vampire who took my life.” He turned to see her wide eyes. “Could you not tell?” William laughed. “Yes, a creature who walks the night, preying on the innocent. But you my dear... are not to my taste- don’t worry it will be over soon.” Facing the water William continued.

“There I was one Spring evening walking along the River Seine when a figure caught my eye, but as soon as I could focus on him; the fellow had vanished. And this went on for a few hours until I reached a winding alley to take me towards my keep. It was here that I was taken to the floor, I do not remember the pain, all I remember is waking in the catacombs of Paris, twenty foot below the surface. And that was how I was made, born again into darkness without a choice.” Turning to face his rosy-faced darling he noticed that she had died. “It is a choice you will never have to make.” William laughed, picking up the limp body with ease, sliding it into the river. It was a ritual of William’s, to tell his victims a brief version of his life story before letting them die. Alexander had heard it one hundred times over the centuries; he couldn’t imagine what it would feel like to hear it as you were dying.

Alexander stood in front of Josiah with a glass of champagne in his hand. “She was fine; in well spirits. No, of course she was well dressed, we were in London. It was no warmer than here I suppose. I am not sure; perhaps she has caught the flu...” Alexander was getting agitated by all of the questions but felt obliged to answer them accordingly, he didn’t want any more of a reason to be shunned from the upper class. “I didn’t give her any champagne, I know she is allergic!” But before Alexander could reason, Josiah had already stormed down the gravel path towards the carriages. He didn’t pursue them, but returned inside, now the other girls were aware that Antonia had left, Alexander was a prime target for all of their attention, most sat near him in the hope that he would ask them to dance, and for some he did. Alexander spent most of the night dancing with the other girls, having to listen about this and that, the pleasantries that he had grown to expect from young girls desperate for a man with money to whisk them off their feet.

It was safe to assume that Alexander wasn’t going to be proposing to any of them soon. He had seen a variety of beautiful and elegant girls but none of them compared to the flare of Antonia, even with the thought of her he could see her, dancing through his mind as if she were as light as air. Once William had arrived; all be it with a small blood stain on the cuff of his evening shirt Alexander insisted that they left, much to William’s distaste which he made very clear in the carriage. “You do not understand! It was as if her blood was intoxicated with something un pure. I could imagine that she was... I’m not sure! But I couldn’t finish her properly, just left her there to bleed to death half of the time. It will make me think twice before assuming all of the aristocracy are well bred.” William shuddered which made Alexander smile. “Then perhaps you should stop having two or three a night?” William mocked “Oh!? And be like you? I take too much enjoyment from it Alex, something you never learned.” They were quiet for the rest of the journey home, Alexander was deciding what to do the next day and William knew not to disturb him.

The next morning, around eleven Alexander and a young boy turned up outside of the Curnrow residency. Stepping out of the carriage Alexander was impeccably dressed, perhaps better dressed than when he had attended the ball. Behind his was a small stable boy carrying a bouquet that dwarfed him, it was full of the most exotic and sweet smelling flowers that varied in shades of ivory and gold. Approaching the front courtyard Alexander saw Oliver. It was as if one had been expecting the other. “I am not here to cause any trouble; these are simply a gesture to invite Miss Antonia’s good health.” Alexander hadn’t liked Oliver too much, he was civil but it was times like these that you could judge a mortal man’s character. “Please, do not inflame the situation; it is clear you have had your say before”. Alexander’s demeanour was composed but it was clear that in his eyes there was something dark today, he wasn’t going to take no lightly; especially from a man he could kill in a single movement.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Sun May 29, 2011 1:43 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia sat up, her brother's head in her hand, fast asleep. She smiled before honing into the ruckous being caused downstairs. She could hear Oliver's voice... and Genevive's later, a hgher pitched shouting. Antonia'd never herd the woman raise her voice let alone shout. Something had to be wrong. She moved her hand out from under her closest sibling, laying her head atop a pillow before stroking his hair lovingly, grabbing his dressing-gown that was laid behind him on the chair and stumbling down the first flight of stairs. She sat on the second flight that led to the landing that would then lead to the main door, hoping to get a better incling of what was going on. It was Genevieve that spoke first '---ease... Oliver! Eet iz not your probleme! Leave 'im!' The Oliver 'Silence woman! Get inside now, this doesn't concern you.' the harshness of his voice towards his heavily pregnant wife which he always seemed to loving towards. A murmring then, a man's voice that she couldn't quite make out. She reached up for her necklace, but it wasn't there, the maids must have taken it from her. 'You will be leaving now Mr Granville.' Antonia gasped, Alexander? 'She doesn't want to see you. Not today. Not Ever.' At that point, she couldn't stay quiet, she stood, wapping the drawstring of the gown around her and brushing strands of messy, pinned up hair from her face. 'That is enough.' her voice commanded the attention of everyone invoved, she noticed her mother sbbing in a chair in the corner, the young street urchin dressed in new servant clothes huddling behind Oliver's wife and her youngest sister Emily and older Linette crowded at the window snooping into what was happening. There in the mud, was the most exquisite bunch of flowers she had ever seen. Some of the ruined, the others being picked up by one of Alexander's worried ooing servant boys. Alexander himself had a small cut on the side of his lip and a dark bruise forming on his jaw. Oliver's blonde hair was ruffled and his shirt ripped as if he had been fighting. There was also cuts along his knuckles and mud on his jacket. It was obvious what had been going on. 'Ehh... Good... Antonia. Now you can settle this. Please can you tell this young gentleman yourself to leave. He seems adverse to leaving himself without seeing you.' Antonia stared down her oldest brother, he was pulling it together, like nothing had happened, like he was a pure blood royal. She climbed down the next few stairs to the anding, walking past her mother. and then to Genevive, she stroked the little boy's face and smiled back to him then turned to her sister-in-law 'Go inside, take my mother, I can handle this. If you can fine Elizabeth anywhere send her out.' Genevieve nodded hastily before leaving with her mother. 'Good. She is in no fit state to be raising her voice. Woman needs to know her place.' Antonia turned to Oliver. 'Learn her place? She is your wife! It seems ike the nly person around here that needs to learn ther place is you Oliver.' he stood aback from her 'I... what...?' She walked up to him, in his face. He was stood on a few steps down so she was almost level with him. 'How dare you tell me who I can and cannot see.' His brow furrowed 'How dare I? How dare I? You, little girl almost ruined our whole family's reputation, running off with this... with this... this Man!' he turned his head and spat at the foot of where Alexander was standing. 'You give all this talk about reputation liver, but you are the one throwing punches and insulting monarchy by spitting at their feet! That is not civlized at all, why, you are no more than a commoner!' He paused for moment, physically shaking with anger. 'Fine!' he bellowed 'Well fine, you hvae it your way wench, do what you like, but don't come running back to me when everything goes wrong and it will.' he leaned into her so far that she flinched, not wanting to be hurt by him. 'I know his kind Antonia. You may not now but you soon will. He will be the end of you.' He turned swiftly, picking his jacket up from the dirt and moving back inside with a slam of the door.

Antonia stood there, in her brother's night-gown and her un-dressed hair, facing the Earl and his man servant. 'I um... apologise for my brother... he can be... well...' she stopped, sounding stupid even to herself. She sighed 'Are you okay? You're bleeding...' she ran down the stairs to where he was and lifted a hand to his cut, it was quickly healing however. 'Flowers miss...' she turned to the high voice, the boy was holding out the salvaged topary. 'Why thankyou. You're so kind.' she then turned to Alexander 'and what have you brought me?' her smile was compinsation enough it seemed.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Mon May 30, 2011 2:27 am

The Earl of Rochester

"You cannot force me off of your land Mr. Curnrow, you should know this." By now Oliver’s heavily pregnant wife was behind him. Alexander, bearing no grudge against the woman wished her good morning with a small nod, angering Oliver more. Alexander walked a step or two closer to him. "I really do not have much time to spare Oliver." Oliver came up closer to him, as if to square up; they were a similar height and build to each other; it would seem to be a fair match. But as Alexander looked Oliver in the eye Alexander knew that he didn't want to fight him, even if gossip wasn’t going to be a problem (the thought of other families knowing that one of their sons squaring up to the Earl was enough to make Antonia's mother faint) It had never been Alexander's strong point to hold his strength back around humans, and to seriously injure Oliver wouldn't fair too well. 

But neither the less Oliver was the first to throw the punch, it hit Alexander hard, splitting the right side of his lip and a bruise coming up within moments. Pain was still a problem for vampires but Oliver’s strike was below Alexander’s tolerance. “You are going to have to do better than that.” He went to throw another punch but Alexander caught his fist tightly with one hand and placed the other on his shoulder; pushing Oliver away from him with ease and towards the floor. Oliver's wife had by now begun to shout, Oliver stormed over to his wife, knocking the flowers from the young boy's hands as he went past. Alexander followed into the hallway of the house. "All I wanted was to see Antonia and wish her well." he interrupted Oliver and Genevieve’s arguing. "As apparently I have to be the cause of her illness I thought it was only fitting to see if she is feeling any better.” 

With Antonia's intervention everything seemed to calm down. But with Oliver raising his voice Alexander couldn't help thinking about the time that he too had raised his voice at Antonia. Her touch was forgiving, her smile all he needed. Alexander motioned the young boy to leave for the carriage as they wouldn’t be long. “You know too well I would get anything for you...” Alexander smiled to Antonia, even with him being confronted and spat at Alexander could forgive it all for Antonia. “I shan’t stay any longer, I fear I’ve upset your whole family this morning.” He looked about, it appeared they were alone but he could be certain that some servant was watching or perhaps one of her younger sisters. "I am very sorry about all of this Antonia; I am beginning to think that bringing you these in person was a terrible idea." Before Alexander left he took Antonia’s hand gently and leant in to her, he spoke quietly into her ear, just loud enough for her to hear. “My doors will always be unlocked for you.” He quickly pulled away said his goodbyes, leaving Antonia with her flowers and allot more grief from her family to come. 

“You’re a love sick fool.” William asserted harshly. “What happened to the Alexander that I knew so well? The man who would cause scandal and enjoy it! The very man at my side who had over thirteen countesses in southern Italy fall beneath your hand when their husbands were at duty! Not this Alexander. You have fallen for a mortal girl- you know what will happen. You have seen it before.” Alexander paused, sipping on his wine. It was true that Alexander had seen it happen to a number of his friends before and it always ended in tragedy; be it that they give their own lives in the name of love, see their love die a death of old age or perhaps give them the dark gift of immortality; but that never worked for love, the hatred of becoming a monster would overpower their love. But Alexander knew too well that he was too involved with Antonia now; they had both made their love clear. She had changed him, but he could feel a sense of danger about their love."But." Alexander replied "There is nothing for it, if needs be, we can up and leave" William sighed heavily. "Yes, but if it meant leaving Antonia?" Alexander didn't reply. 

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Mon May 30, 2011 4:25 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia stood outside for a while, flowers in hand and watching the place where she had seen his carriage roll out of sight. She turned, eventually, and entered back into the house to a barrage of exited squeals from her sisters which was no surprise. They did not know about her trip to London. She walked into her kitchen in a daze, looking slowly for a vase to display her beautiful flowers. Her mother startled her. 'My dear.' 'AH! Mother... are you... recovered?' The woman pursed her lips as if the comment were less than amusing. 'I have come to thinking my dear...' Antonia put down the flowers on the side, her mother motioning to the kitchen maids to leave. 'I have been pondering your... relationship... with this Earl.' this didn't sound promising but she listened in silence. 'It seems the young man has a soft spot for you my dear... and you for him...' Antonia said nothing, did nothing in response. 'Your brother came to me last night, telling me of what happened in London... or rather... what didn't happen.' it could still go either way for her. 'And I have decided, due to your illness, that perhaps I shall forgive your deceit and shall back you in the courtship with this young man.' Antonia was stunned... in actual shock, she said nothing, instead saying something intellegant like 'I... uhhh... mmmhm?' Her mother smiled 'Well, yes dear, you can thank me later.' she proceeded to leave the room before pausing, her hand resting on the handle of the door 'Besides. It's about time you got married. Don't you think?' She tugged on the door and her three sisters spilled in onto the cold floor. 'Get out! Out!' her mother persisted to them as they giggled their way out of the door.

It took Antonia some time to comprehend what her mother had said, and then still it confused her. She was still in the kitchen when she came around again. 'I... ah... marriage? Wait... I don't want to... MOTHER!' In running out of the kitchen she bumped into Josiah, rebounding off him almost, but he caught her. 'Woah there nelly!' he exclaimed laughing, Antonia straightened up and pouted 'I'd prefer it if you didn't call me by the name of your horse!' His brow furrowed 'Woah calm it, what's up? Thought you'd be pretty pleased about all this.' 'Pleased? Pleased!? She wants me to marry him gad zukes!' He looked confused 'And? Don't you want to marry him?' That got her. 'I... you... err... argh! Josiah you are so infuriating!' she punched him in the chest which he srugged off with laughing. 'Oh Tonia...' he said affectionately hugging her. 'There's no use fighting her, atleast she's with you on this now.' She nodded and he pulled her away from his chest to look at her, one hand either side of her face. 'Now, will you please go to him? You don't want Oliver scaring him away!' she looked at him puzzled 'But it's late... and raining...' he smiled cockily 'When has that ever stopped you before?'

The next thing she knew, she was riding blind through the various fields and woodlands of Rochester on the back of her faithful horse. She was soaked through to the bone, Her clothes clinging to her skin and her black cloak sodden. She looked like a creature of the night, dressed in black but for her white dress, and her black horse moving like the shadows. She began to cough again, it couldn't be good for her heath, the weather, but what did she care? She finally arrived at the stables, only to find Henry up late sat in the tack room hunched over a candle. A crack of thunder lit up the room, casting her shadow on the walls, he jumped out of his skin 'AH! Miss Curnrow... Antonia... what are you... you're drenched!' He got up, running towards her with a horse blanket and draping it around her. 'Come in... Jesus...' She shook her head in between sniffles 'Tend to the horse first... i'll be fine...' he looked at her skeptically while sitting her down before going back outside.

When he came back in she was doubled over in a coughing fit. He ran to her side but she waved him away. 'I'm... I am alright... Honestly Henry... anybody would think I was dying...' the coughs died out. He sat down on the other side of the table to her, rubbing her hands warm, their faces lit by candlelight. 'You really should stop doing this...' he muttered. She laughed 'you worry too much, I will be fine.' he raised an eyebrow before standing. 'Wait here...' he walked over to an old chest of drawes she hadn't noticed before and pulled out something, walking back to her and pulling her hand out to drop it in, when she opened it she saw the most intricately carved tiny horse pendant that she had ever seen, strung on a length of waxed chord. She looked up to him, his warm smile more than enough for her. 'For me?' she asked, noticing also a polished coin with a hole through the middle. It wasn't English she knew that for sure. 'Its... It's beautiful...' he dropped his gaze. 'I know you are more accustomed to diamonds and ruby's Miss but... I thought you should have it...' She jumped up, wrapping her arms around him from across the table and kissing him on the cheek 'Thankyou Henry...' she whispered before standing. 'I shan't forget this.' she hung the necklace around her neck and dropped the pendant under the fabric of her dress before walking around to the fromt of the Earl's grand house. Knocking on the large door.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander had spent the hour in one of the shaded sun rooms with little other than his thoughts. William had been wandering the halls of the Manor, tired of Alexander’s quiet musings, there was a ball the next day but it seemed he would have to hunt in Rochester town for the evening. He didn’t bother asking Alexander to join him; it was evident that he wouldn’t follow. As the rain set in, William set out, Alexander didn’t have any worries for him- it didn’t matter if William was gone for the next two weeks, one thing that had remained certain in his life was William’s ability to appear from nowhere when you least expect it. The rain on the glass roof of the fading sun room was a comforting sound. It was disturbed by a rather timid looking maid who came in. “My Lord, will you be wanting any supper tonight?” Alexander shook his head and the small lady left, he could hear the whispers along the corridor ”I haven’t seen him eat in the last week!” “I wonder if he eats at all...” “Don’t be so stupid, of course he does.” “Yes, but I have heard rumours Ethel...” Their voice became too quiet for him to focus on but it did bring back up an old train of thought. The rumours that had been spread in Rochester town about him murdering the previous, kindly Earl and so on. Some more ridiculous than others, some very accurate to the truth; but of course they would remain rumours until his name was forgotten. Alexander looked down to the small smear of mud on the cuff of his Jacket and decided that he didn’t want to be disturbed tonight; he had four-hundred pounds worth of flowers neigh-on ruined by a man who was too big for his boots and felt as if he had little to show for it. Standing upright Alexander conveyed his power, he walked through to the main foyer and up the stairs of his manor without anyone approaching him, instilling fear amongst his staff if he so wished. Alexander decided to sit in one of the smaller upstairs libraries and hide away.

It was darker as it faced away from the moon, but he kept a few candles alit, it would be difficult to explain to others if his maids talked of their master reading in complete darkness and hardly ever eating. But Alexander did spend the hours reading in silence, the piano looked inviting but he had no inspiration to play, other than a piece he had heard at the opera when he was in London. So there Alexander sat by the cool window, playing one of the finest pieced he now knew.

Storied below, one of the maids looked a little startled to see Antonia soaked through and present at this hour. “Oh, yes Miss Curnrow, Lord Granville is in at the moment... but he didn’t look too happy earlier...” The maid quickly assumed that sending Antonia away on the premise that she was too scared to face Alexander was more than her Job was worth. “But, I am sure you lift his spirits? This way.” They first led Antonia to the upstairs main Library but Alexander wasn’t to be found. The faint sound of piano playing informed the maid where Alexander was. “Oh he is in the smaller library, please follow me Miss.” The playing got louder as it echoed the tall corridors. The maid opened the door slowly and Alexander wasn’t to be seen, but there was a set of stairs in the corner of the room. “He is down there Miss.” The maid left quickly, her eyes finding it difficult to adjust to the darkness. Alexander noticed her presence as she walked down the stairs, he footsteps gentile. “I thought you would be recovering at home Antonia, you are ill and the weather is appalling.” His piece came to a stop and he turned to face her. “How are you? You look cold.” There was something different about his demeanour tonight, slightly threatening; Alexander hadn’t fed in days, he needed to. It wasn’t going to be Antonia, he still had enough control to chose but he was tense. She was wearing that necklace. He took a step towards her, as if she were beckoning him.

Small upper library

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Mon May 30, 2011 5:46 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia had always preferred the dark, however this wasn't the same, the dark was one thing, the uncontrollable fear in the woman's voice, another. She descended the stairs to where the beautiful music was playing, she recognised it from somewhere, just not being able to pin it upon where. She stood behing him, watching him play the piano violently, in complete contrast to how she played. The room was beautiful and she couldn't ignore the wanting to read the books. “I thought you would be recovering at home Antonia, you are ill and the weather is appalling.” She sniffed a little, suddenly becoming aware of the cold since her sodden cloak was taken away from her. Her hair was dripping wet, she reached back to pull the pins from it and it all tumbled loose. He stopped playing and turned to her, her thin dress clinging to her bare skin underneath due to the rain. He stopped playing and turned to look at her “How are you? You look cold.” It was true, she was freezing. Her small frame not being used to it. 'Do not stop on my account...' she whispered as he moved closer to her. She reached upto her necklace, grasping it tightly. It seemed to glow in the candlelight, or atleast, that's what she thought was happening. 'What a beautiful piano.' she mused almost silently, looking into his eyes. There was something different about him. She took a step closer until their bodies were almost touching 'May I play?' she whispered, her breath on his cheek. She smiled, moving around him to sit on the piano stool. At that moment, she had no worry to the fact that she would dampen it, she just wanted to play for him. She pulled her wet hair over one shoulder, her back glistening. She streched her fingers a little, before deciding to pay one of her own compositions. She became increasingly engrossed with the music, her head slowly tilting backward and her eyes closing to the point where her fingers caressed the keys. The sweet music filled the room, her passion for playing the piano coming through more than ever, she had never played like that, it was like something was leading her, strenghtening her. Perhaps his presence.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Mon May 30, 2011 6:18 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander nodded; there was certain intensity in her voice that he couldn’t ignore. He stood looking of the window beside them at first, listening to her play. It was a melody he had never heard before, but if some way he recognised it; as if it had been played to him a thousand times before. He stood their motionless, listening to the passion and energy that radiated from her fingertips into the piano. He could have stood there until sunrise but as her piece slowed to its end he turned to face Antonia. “Why did you come tonight Antonia? You are making yourself worse by being here.” He kept what he meant by this ambiguous but her condition would definitely worsen from being out in the rain. The noise of the rain against the thin glass was overwhelming, Alexander didn’t care to think about the consequence of her being here with regards to her family, all he could think of was that she was here now, and how he wanted to replicate the night in the London hotel, just to lay there in the dark and hold her, love and protect her. But there was that horrible feeling eating at him, there was always that feeling of guilt and uncertainty. He was a monster, like a wolf leading a lamb astray. He couldn’t imagine hurting Antonia but at the same time knew it was inevitable, whether he left without her or in turn watched her die, pain was always around the corner. These feelings only made Alexander want to keep Antonia closer, he wanted to hold her and not let her go, that was the only way to keep her. Even in death he would still hold her.

“You shouldn’t have come.” A flash of lighting broke out, illuminating them both. He didn’t let her speak, rather he stood before her and held Antonia against him, he could feel her breathing. “You shouldn’t.” The sky was illuminated several times over. “You are my...” He couldn’t bring himself to call her his everything. To do so was to admit his defeat; she would be his only weakness from that evening on. He parted from her for a moment and walked away from the piano and sat on a small two seated chair. He invited Antonia to sit by him and as she did he caressed the side of her face, he her hair was still damp, he brushed it to one side. (and wound a tress three times around her neck...)

“Antonia...” Alexander said quietly, he still sounded tense. “You, you need to know,” He leant in closer. “That I am not like most other men, in ways you would not care to understand, but if you ever arrive here and I am gone. Please, wait for me, as I’ll be waiting for you.” He took her cool hand in his and gently kissed her. “Just wait.” He echoed, a clap of thunder rolling above the manor. He looked into her eyes, where they were previously consumed with affection there was now something more, he looked down to the necklace as if to touch it but restrained. “I love you Antonia, I love you.” He kissed her again but the hold of her hand was tighter, his kiss more passionate. He wasn’t himself tonight.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Mon May 30, 2011 7:18 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

“Why did you come tonight Antonia? You are making yourself worse by being here.” She tilted her head 'Worse? Why, there is nothing wrong with me. Josiah permitted me to run to you tonight. He gives me his blessing.' she didn't know if it were something she said or if not, but his attitude seemed to turn. She stood to speak but he was too quick, holding her up against him her eyes widened. “You are my...” her breath quickened as she hung onto his every word. Suddenly, he pulled away, so erratically, like there was an opposing force inside of him. There was something different about him tonight but she put it to the back of her mind when he motioned for her to sit with him. She did so, her hair falling infront of her face. He brushed it away, her skin as cold as his. He breathed her name but she was too engrossed to listen to the nonsense he was talking, she unbuttoned his collar, placing her fingers delicately on his collar bone. She then closed her eyes, listening to the sound of his voice and curling her head around his shoulder to kiss his neck lightly as he talked. He stopped, taking her hand in his and she looked up only for him to kiss her. He pulled away and spoke again. Her head was consumed with him, like her only passion was him, her only care. He looked down to her necklace, the one she had aquired from London, before she could move her head to observe it too, he was kissing her again, more passionately, like he needed her to live. She was only too happy to comply, until the grip on her hand became increasingly vicelike and the kiss intensified until she was gasping for breath. She didn't know quite what to do, it was as if something were in the air. She was still attached to her human emotions, pain, fear, but they were slowly slipping away, she was becoming something else, something more dangerous. Her skin didn't warm at his contact as it should have, she stayed deathly cold. Something in the back of her mind told her that she was in pain, but she ignored it, instead moving her other hand slowly up his chest, unbuttoning his shirt slowly. Suddenly, the pain receptors screamed out and she did what seemed only natural. She bit down on him hard. her tastebuds exploded with the taste of stale blood. She pulled away, fear returning to her eyes. 'I...I'm sorry...' she whispered in a frightened squeak, moving her hand to her necklace and un-clipping it, laying it on the table beside her. Her hand was in alot of pain but she ignored it, focussed on the wound she had caused him. She lifted a hand to it, intending on touching it but hesitated and pulled away. Her face was knotted in pain and regret. She put a hand on his face, forcing him to look at her. She searched his eyes for any kind of forgiveness before leaning into him and kissing his bleeding skin. She ran her tounge over it, tasting the blood in her mouth until it was no longer there. She pulled away slowly, looking at it. 'The mouth is quick to heal.' she whispered, sounding like a repremanded child 'sliva... acts as a healing agent... speeds up recovery.' The sound of the storm rang loudly in her ears.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+

Last edited by Cinderella's Girlfriend on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Tue May 31, 2011 2:25 am

The Earl of Rochester

The taste of his own blood was a shock. Alexander looked to Antonia, then to her hand and realised what he had done, it was true that Alexander wasn’t apt at holding his strength around humans. Watching Antonia hesitate brought a small smile to his face, he didn’t feel any pain from her bite but as Alexander watched Antonia remove the necklace he also noticed that her behaviour changed quickly, she looked worried about what she had done. But Alexander was too concerned about what he had done to her hand. “I’m fine.” Alexander smiled. He wiped the blood from his lips before kissing her gently. From there Alexander leant back into the small two seated chair and invited Antonia to do the same. With his arm around her Alexander sat in the darkness, watching the candle flames weaken before dimming and dying. They were soon left in complete darkness, for Alexander it was different to the daytime, he reached for his pocket watch and noticed that it was far later than he had expected, he was certain that Antonia should have been home. He looked down to her and spoke quietly. “You should be home, Antonia you should be home now.” But there was no reply, she looked fast asleep. He smiled and kissed her forehead. Picking up Antonia into his arms was effortless, carrying her up the stairs and into the west wing. He found the spare room that she had slept in the last time she had spent the evening and lay her in the bed. Even as she slept Alexander found fascination with her, leaning in to kiss her one more time. Leaving the room he thought best to sleep as well, he would have to check on her as soon as the sun rose.

The storm didn’t let up all night, the rhythm of the rain was continuous, the thunder almost became melodic as he lay there, wondering if Antonia would wake and come to him. But this didn’t happen for a few hours and Alexander grew tired of waiting. He wouldn’t disturb her; Antonia was in obvious need of rest. But laying in the darkness Alexander couldn’t help but notice a sense of loneliness without her around, as the sun began to rise, Alexander was already dressed again and walking about the corridors; he had remembered that Antonia had left her necklace in the upper Library and went to fetch it, almost certain that if she were to return home she would forget it. When he picked it up Alexander held it to the light with curiosity. “Perhaps.” He mumbled, perhaps he would keep it and show it to William who had waited outside of the small shop when he had bought it for her.

Returning to look for Antonia, Alexander was called to by a maid. “My lord! Your guest, she is asleep in the corridor!” Alexander raised an eyebrow but followed to see what the fuss was about, and without doubt there was Antonia asleep next to one of the tall windows that looked onto his gardens. Alexander placed the necklace into a waistcoat pocket and knelt beside Antonia. Pacing a hand on her shoulder he spoke quietly. “Antonia...Antonia...Is that comfortable?” As her eyes opened Alexander offered to help her to her feet. “May I ask why you chose the corridor? Come, have breakfast. I am sure your family is concerned as to where you are.” His hair was lose causing him to brush it back on occasion, he demanded to chefs to cook whatever Antonia wanted, he too would eat in front of her, it had to have been the first time in six weeks that he had been seen eating in the manor.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:30 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}
She calmed down eventually, leaning back into him and closing her eyes contentedly. What seemed like an hour or so later he mentioned that she should be home, however she didn’t want to go home, not that that hour, not at that night so, she did what any sensible young woman would do, ignore the statement completely and pretend to be asleep. Unfortunately, this prolonged closing of the eyes and the motion of him carrying her soon turned to real sleep.
Later that night, she woke up, the thunder and lightning crashing. She hatedthe thunder, more than perhaps anything in the world. She would usually run into Josiah or Linette when it surfaced, but tonight she had no sibling to run to. She hid shaking under her covers for a while until realising that it wouldn’t help at all. Swinging her legs out from her bed, she made it known to herself that she would find Alexander and stay with him until it finished.
Unfortunately she didn’t realise actually how big the manor was. She must have ran around the various rooms for hours before finally collapsing on a lower floor corridor, to scared and too tired to think about anything but sleep.
It must have been morning when she was woken up by a familiar voice calling her name. She opened an eye lazily and looked up to see the Earl bent over her. ‘Oh Dear Lord... Oh my God... I’m so sorry...’ she sat up, embarrassed to within an inch of her life. She put a hand over her face, shaking her head in shame as he offered a hand for her to stand. As she did, the cried out in further embarrassment as she saw she was still in her clothes. ‘No... No I can’t have breakfast, I can’t even breathe, oh God... never sleep in a corset. Oh Zounds!’ her profanities grew louder and more frequent as the pain sank in. ‘Okay... Okay...’ her breaths were now gasps as she looked around desperately trying to find out what to do. Finally making a decision, she reached around the back of her dress, now doubling over with cramp and tried to unlace her dress. She tried to do it, but couldn’t, instead dropping to her knees and gasping for air. ‘T...Take it off...’ she managed to breathe out in-between gasps. ‘Just... just do it...’ Thankfully he did. The dress was unlaced and she managed to get her hands back to loosen her corset. She collapsed on the floor, breathing in deeply and closing her eyes. Finally, gaining her breath again she whispered ‘thank you...’ before ‘and now to top off sleeping in your corridor, fully clothed, I am now laying in your corridor, gasping for breath, and without my dress.’ She pushed herself up to standing, looking at him with sheer disbelief in herself ‘This is a record even for me.’ She then swept her dress up from the floor and turned away from him, making her way in the opposite direction. ‘Now.’ she called back to him ‘I will have breakfast.’

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+

Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:57 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander looked at the young woman gasping for breath on the floor and didn’t quite understand what was going on. ’Is my presence that breath taking? Alexander thought to himself as he went to his knees in attempt to help her. “Do tell me, what is the matter?” Alexander hadn’t physically had to breathe in centuries so didn’t fully remember the consequences of not breathing, though he was fully aware of the consequences of Antonia rolling around on his newly polished floor. “Please do get up Antonia!” Alexander was worried for her wellbeing but couldn’t understand why she wanted him to unclip her dress. “Oh okay, Antonia I’m really not sure if it is wise for me to-. Okay okay!” Alexander unfastened the clips quickly and let her dress fall to the floor. Alexander didn’t quite know where to look as she walked away. “Well perhaps you could meet me in the breakfast room in a few minutes, I will leave you to fully... wake.” Alexander turned in the other direction towards the stairs, still not sure as to what had happened, though he would need the hallway floor re polished.

“Antonia, I must apologise again.” He drank some water slowly, trying to re accustom himself to the taste. “Of course I need to apologise, it seems to be me getting you into various amounts of trouble, and I’m sure your brothers and father will be knocking down the door within the hour.” However it wasn’t Antonia’s male relatives; however it was William, back from his night time crusade. “Well good morning my fine ladies and gentleman! How are we today? Oooh, Alexander my friend it appears you have had an overnight guest! Antonia, how lovely it is to see a pretty face this early in the morning,” He leant in behind her, whispering in her ear. “It really gets the old ticker started, eh?” William leant back and in a fit of laughter flounced from the room as if he were floating on air! Alexander looked down to the table as he walked away, his face the picture of un adulterated annoyance. “Just... like that you see?” Hel aught a little, though it didn’t seem genuine. “It’s the small things like these that ultimately cause the rumours about me around here, I’m sure you have grown to understand William’s nature, but for all the folk of Rochester, his well travelled attitudes do not get him far in social standing, me neither it would seem....”

It seemed that Alexander had gone off topic by miles and attempted to re engage Antonia. “But do tell me, how are you feeling know? You still look pale, would you like me to have a carriage escort you home? Your dress is still a little damp, but I will have the maids dry and press it in no time at all...” Sat in the chair opposite to Antonia, Alexander could feel the necklace in his back trouser pocket, he could feel its foreign energy, even when Antonia wasn’t wearing, all Alexander hoped for was that Antonia didn’t remember it before she left.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:22 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia walked away waving off casually all his talk and turning the corner only to panic herself into one of the nearest rooms, run in and lean on the door behind her. ‘Oh God...’ she muttered, her face becoming flushed. She had possibly never embarrassed herself more than she did only moments ago. She soon came to her senses however, re-lacing her dress over the now loosened corset and setting about to find the breakfast room. She soon sought it out after help from some of the maids and man-servants. Walking in, she smiled charmingly to her host. ‘Good Morning Mr Granville.’ She sat down and he immediately began to talk. ‘No Alexander there is nothing for you to apologise for...’ she smiled at his quaint and perhaps appropriate joke. ‘No, my mother will have my father busy with some business and Josiah is... well... all I need to say is that we best hope Oliver is occupied.’ She smiled before picking up her cutlery and beginning to eat.
Just as she had managed to finish, William flounced in, as egotistical as ever. “Well good morning my fine ladies and gentleman! How are we today? Oooh, Alexander my friend it appears you have had an overnight guest! Antonia, how lovely it is to see a pretty face this early in the morning,” she rolled her eyes as he leant into her, digging her elbow into his ribs to show her dissatisfaction.
‘I am fine, why does everyone persist to tell me I look ill? Perhaps because of my less than feminine figure. I am gaunt I know but there is nothing to be done about that. Leave me be, I am perfectly well Alexander.’ She paused ‘And what shall I wear while they dry it hmm? Exactly. Nevertheless I shall leave shortly, but not in a carriage, on a horse. I shall say I stayed with Mary-Anne if you are concerned.’ She stood. ‘Perhaps I shall tell the stable-boys to ready my horse. Good day William.’ She said with a less than warm smile.
Once outside, she was aware of how damp her dress actually was and it sent a chill through her, she was glad to see Henry already saddling the Gelding. ‘Ah Henry! How are you?’ she called out from across the courtyard, but he didn’t look up. This struck her as odd so she called out again. ‘Henry!’ This time he did see her, but he looked startled, lie he was deep in thought. ‘Oh... Miss Curnrow... how are you this morning, less wet I see?’ she smiled ‘Yes certainly. Do you have my cloak?’ he looked around hap-hazardly for it before reaching for it on a hook. ‘There you are miss, and if you would wait for a few minutes...’ he handed her the reigns ‘I shall be accompanying you.’ She smiled, but shook her head ‘Oh no that shan’t be necessary...’ but he cut her off ‘Oh no Miss, not for you... err... I mean... I am to give lessons to Miss Curnrow.’ She looked at him curiously. None of her other sisters were at all interested in riding, she wondered what he meant but before she could ask, he was already tacking up another horse. She took the opportunity to leave and bid farewell to Alexander.
Upon entering the house again there was a frosty atmosphere, as if she had interrupted a heated conversation. ‘Um... forgive me, I just came to say goodbye.’ She turned to Alexander, crossing the room to him and kissing him lightly on the cheek. ‘You shall write to me.’ She whispered more as a statement than a question before pulling back. ‘Good Morrow William.’ She muttered ‘What, no kiss for me?’ she turned to his smug expression before muttering courtly ‘I don’t kiss animals William.’

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+

Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander had a small feeling that he might have upset Antonia; he couldn’t see how; perhaps it had been William’s brash entrance. Only Alexander was used to them, even Alexander acted like that straight after two or three kills in a row. Neither the less he let Antonia wander off to the stables without a worry. Once he was sure that she had gone, Alexander stood and called over William. “Look at this.” He said quietly, cautious of the maids at work. William came over with an inquisitive eye “At what?” Alexander pulled the ruby necklace from his trouser pocket and held it in the palm of his hand to William to see. William didn’t look to amused at it, Alexander held it closer to him. “Last night, as you were out in the rain, Antonia came in wearing this, it was the one I bought her from that African woman in London... anyway she was wearing it when she had come to me and.” William snatched the necklace from Alexander’s palm and held it up to the light. “You are a fool, an idiot, a moron of the highest proportion, you know?” Alexander didn’t take too kindly to William’s words. “What, do you mean?” William wouldn’t give it back to Alexander. “Do you know what you have given her?” Alexander rolled his eyes and made tried to grab it back, to which William became all of a sudden more stern. “Do you know what you have given her!?” Alexander, hands in pockets growled between clenched teeth. “No, what have I given her?” William leant into Alexander and spoke quickly, he could hear footsteps from all around, his hearing was sensitive just after feeding and didn’t want anybody to listen to what he had to say.

“This necklace, it one of a very select few in the world, one of a kind in itself but what it possesses is part of a family, if you could say.” Alexander was impatient but knew not to disturb William in motion. “These jewels are not any ordinary rubies; they have been possessed, cursed almost.” Alexander had to hold back a laugh; he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “You can shut up; do you know what you have brought upon yourself? No. So just listen. This necklace is older than you and I, and it is used to protect the wearer from you and I.” Alexander pulled away. “What did you say?” William nodded, putting the necklace in his pocket all conversation stopped as Antonia walked in. “I will.” Alexander whispered to Antonia, taking her hand briefly as she kissed his cheek. Once she had left Alexander turned straight back to William. “Explain! What do you mean protect her from us!?!” William laughed aloud. “Exactly what I said! This very necklace was crafted for the sole purpose of protecting the living for the living dead. But wait it gets better than that. You see, the necklace is rather clever in how it protects humans. It, in a sense it temporarily mirrors the attributes of the vampire that’s closest... It gives them a sense of control without them knowing. It also provides a barrier, you’d never be able to bite her with it on, I’ll tell you that...” Alexander snapped back ”I’d never do that!” William laughed. “Like I said, with that on you’d never, you’ve been a fool, there are dangerous effects to this necklace, be warned.” William threw the necklace back to him. “I suggest you get it back to her before she notices its gone, well before the withdrawal begins, that unconscious sense of protection can become addictive for a weak soul. Now! I am going to rest, I have had a tiresome night, go chase your darling, I bet you have little else to do for the rest of the day...”

With William out of the way, Alexander began to wonder whether he could go around to Antonia’s house and hand the necklace back, or would that be implying that she had left it there, for that brief moment he didn’t care and strode down to the stables and had Henry ready a horse for him. “Don’t give me such a look boy, your father has been f good service but I’m not afraid to get rid of you. “ Antonia’s necklace was wrapped around his hand as he set off towards her house. Perhaps he would personally invite Antonia’s mother to his ball next week in attempt to resolve any worry. He’d decide when he got there, depending if he was greeted by Oliver or not.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:24 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia had set off before Henry as it turned out, he had some more things to do, or atleast, that is what he told her. He seemed very edgy around her all of a sudden, and jumpy. She thought it best not to think a moment more about him and instead concentrate on going home.

'Good Morning mother!' she sang as she flounced in the doorway. 'How was your night?' she kissed the top of the suspicious old woman's head and attempted to walk past 'Or more to the point Antonia, how was yours? Where did you go?' Josiah appeared in the doorway behind her mother and grinned, leaning against the doorframe in his uniform looking rather dapper, he mouthed something and she smiled. 'I went to Mary-Anne's house. Did Josiah not tell you?' The woman turned to her second son, then back to her first daughter. 'Humpf well... just to be sure... You are to begin your Lessons in an hour.' the woman turned to leave 'My lessons?' she called after her quizically, her mother turned her head, a snide grin on her face 'Yes, you are to teach Emily and her friend's French.' It was a fate worse than death. She didn't know if she would be able to survive, she half thought about fleeing the country in the next hour but that would do no good, they'd only hunt her down. She was broken from her panic by the warm laughter of Josiah. 'Oh so I suppose you think this is funny?' He smiled as the doorbell sounded in the distance, walking past her, he looked down, a smirk in his eyes 'Yes.' he walked past his furious sister towards the door 'Oh and...' he paused 'Do not think about fleeing the country... I do not want to be coming after you.' She silently cursed her brother, reaching up to her necklace.

Instead of feeling the warm touch of the ruby, she felt the small wooden carving that Henry had made her. She looked down, suddenly in a panic. The necklace wasn't there, she must have left it at the Earl's manor. Amidst her panic she was knocked aside by Elizabeth, her youngest yet wisest sister. 'Excuse me! Sorry!' she called back whist continuing to run towards the door. She looked after her. She'd never seen the girl move so fast in her life. She wondered whateer had promted the swift trot to the door. Ever curious, she made her way through the halls only to be met by a dejected Elizabeth. 'It's for you.' she muttered as if she had missed out on a new book. 'Ah for me?' suddenly another call from Josiah 'How many young men are going to turn up at our door girls?! Antonia! Elizabeth! Honestly!' Elizabeth looked exitedly at Antonia before getting a head start for the door.

When they arrived there, three men were conversing happily together, Josiah leading the babble and the laughs. At the apporach of the women, the youngest of the three walked expectanly towards the door. 'Lizzie?' Antonia almost didn't recognise him at first, the tousled red hair had been calmed, the clothes no longer stianed with horse. 'Henry?' she muttered before he seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in. 'Ah Miss Curnrow... and Miss Curnrow' he said turning to Elizabeth, who smiled (there's a first time for everything). 'Are you ready for your lesson?' he said, grinning like a cheshire cat. It was only then that Antonia notice the two horses teathered to a tree behind him, one she hadn't recognised before. Her sister pushed past her and her brother and walked hapily over to the horses with Henry, Antonia's mouth still hanging open. 'You'll catch flies...' Josiah muttered, leaning into her. She shut her mouth and turned to the other young gentleman 'Ale... Mr Granville... what are you doing here... Did he call her Lizzie...?' she was still lookign shocked and waestruck out after her sister when Josiah spoke again. 'Antonia... this fellow has something for you...' 'Hmm... Oh! Is it my necklace? I thought I left it at your... at Mary-Anne's house' she didn't know who was listening in 'did she give it to you? I mean, it's alright if it's not I just... I really need it back...' she looked to the peice of jewlery the Earl was holding out and snatched it almost instantly from his hands. 'Oh thank God!' Josiah coughed and she looked at him 'Oh sorry err I mean Oh thank goodness! You found it, thankyou so very much Mr Granville...' she snapped it back around her neck like her life depended on it. 'Thankyou.' Josiah made some awful excuse and slunk away back into the house, leaving the two of them alone.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:04 am

The Earl of Rochester 

Alexander looked at Antonia quizzically when she mentioned Mary-Anne, but he couldn't ask her because she whisked herself away back into the house. He watched her float away with a smile, of course he wanted to follow her, but he would have to restrain. He watched Henry closely as he led the horses away with one of the Curnrow sisters, bit then realised that it was only him and Josiah left. Out of Antonia's brothers, Alexander preferred Josiah even if he had nearly knocked him out cold in London. Alexander was never one feel awkward, but there was tension in the air. Alexander looked up to the tall house and placed a hand on his gold pocket watch. "I'd like apologise for these past few weeks, I don't normally cause this much trouble. I wanted to apologise to your mother or perhaps your father personally, but I feel unwelcome...not that you are inhospitable, I just can imagine that something would go badly...no no it's fine." Alexander reached inside of his coat pocket and pulled out a small envelope. "Please hand this to your mother. I'd be delighted if you all could attend." Alexander turned away and mounted his horse. "I have other business to attend to, it was nice to speak to you all the same." He rode away, feeling slightly less tense about the Curnrow family, though he couldn't help but wonder if Oliver had been watching, he hoped he had been. Oliver was the one Alexander wanted watching him, Oliver could see behind Alexander's façade clearly, Oliver knew who he was and for Olivet, Alexander wouldn't hide it. There was no way he could prove his convictions.

All that was left for Alexander to do was to to make sure all was in place for his ball, it was the height of the social season before the social gatherings became less and less. He was going to make it faultless, perfect. He had to, being such a 'young' Earl with rumours circulating around him constantly there were going to be people there picking flaws in everything and he wouldn't let them. Alexander slept for the rest of the day, deciding to feed that evening and get plans underway, the invites to all of the local aristocracy and upper class had been sent the previous day but he hadn't actually made any plans. They were what occupied Alexander's week, shouting at the service to make everything exactly how  he had planned. But a couple of days before the Ball Alexander found himself sat writing to Antonia. 

Antonia, I have missed you greatly this past week. I do hope your family attend in the week to come, it would mean to world to me to see you enjoy the evening. I hope you are feeling well, I can see you are not quite yourself, you seem to proud to admit it, but I hope you are well (perhaps not having champagne would be advisable this time) But I digress Antonia. I am writing to tell you that I have been invited to stay in Paris in the next few weeks with an old friend. Of course I would offer you to join me, but I think the trouble should be spared, as you get to know me more you will see I travel, I told you when we first met it was the case. Of course I will miss you dearly when I am away. I will leave you be for now,  I still have a lot to prepare, I hope you will be there on Saturday. 

My best wishes,
Alexander.

+my life is formality+ 
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:55 pm

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

For once, the letter wasn't opened by someone other than whom it was adressed to, it was only thanks to Josiah that this happened however, he took the letter from the young man's hand and shut the door, reading the name written on the front. 'Hmm.' he muttered, catching a maid mid-scuttle to give the letter to his oldest sister. Today he looked rough and in need of a strong drink. He was not enjoying life as a returned soldior and on the whole, certainly did not enjoy living back with his parents. 'Sir. Miss Antonia is out.' He frowned at the young women. 'Out? Out where' 'With Miss Elizabeth sir, riding.' 'Riding. Hmm... well then, fetch me a decanter of whisky! And I will take the letter!'

'And how are you with cantering?' 'Not well I'm afraid, trotting is still difficult...' Antonia smiled at her sister, why she wanted to learn to ride she would never know, horses were a foreign concept to her and she hadn't the idea of how to ride one. However Antonia put it down to the fact that Elizabeth's goal in life was to be accomplished in absolutely everything. 'It is nice to be able to ride out with you. Even if you do have trouble keeping balance.' Antonia laughed as Elizabeth nearly fell once again. 'Laugh all you want, but you watch, next week I shall be out-running you!' Antonia smiled at her detirmination. 'Ah I see. So will you be riding with me to the ball next week?' silence 'I thought as much. It's alright, I will join you in the carriage. I fear it might r...' her speach was interrupted by a fit of violent coughing. 'Ah stop fussing. I am fine.' she said, finally recovering and batting away her sister's offers of help. 'We must be getting back.' Elizabeth muttered, looking at her golden pocket watch. 'What is that?' Antonia stopped her, noticing something hanging about her neck. 'Nothing.' Elizabeth snapped. Antonia reached out to look at it but Elizabeth slapped her hand away. 'It is nothing God damn you! Will you ride back with me or shall I be going about on my own?' the sudden burst of fury shocked the elder for a moment, but she thought best to leave it and ride back with her incase she fell into a bog or some such like.

Antonia kept the letter hidden under a broken floorboard in her room for the rest of the week, until the day of the ball arrived, she read it every day. 'Ribbons! Dears choose your ribbons. In order girls, order, we are Curnrow ladies are we not? Thankyou. Now Dear, you choose first.' Antonia looked into the box where an array of new ribbons were folded. 'I will wear the green mother.' 'Antonia! I wished to wear the green!' a cry of fury came from the end of the que where Emily was standing. 'Well then Emily, you should have been born sooner.' Their mother shook her head 'Antonia, every time, why to you have to teas your sisters so?' 'When it ceases to amuse me, then shall I stop. Plus a new cloak came for me this morning that will match perfectly.' her mother raised an eyebrow 'Is that so? And how did you attain the money to buy such frivolities?' At that moment Josiah turned up at the door. 'I bought it for her. I thought she needed a new one, don't want her looking poor now do we?' Emily pouted 'How come I didn't get new clothes Josiah? Am I not your favourite sister?' Josiah smiled 'Of course, you are all my favourites, but is Ma spoils you with lavish clothing every week, presents from me would be soon forgotten would they not Emily? And Linette, I trust all is well with you?' He looked at her as if he knew an unspoken secret, she at him the same. 'Indeed brother. Will we be seeing you at the ball?' he smiled again 'If I am sober by then!' He held up an almost emty bottle of beer. Antonia burst into a fit of laughter and he grinned with her. Their mother had a spout of exclaimations recalling how God must be cursing her and Elizabeth rolled her eyes. Emily was ignoring them, still pouting.

The time came for the young girls to pile into the caridges. They all looked a picture, dressed in white, coloured ribbons in their hair and around their waists. Antonia was cloaked in a delicious moss green velvet so her dress was hidden, however she wore a pair of white lace gloves and green shoes with rabbit fur embelishment. Arriving at the ball was the same as usual, however Antonia already knew what the place looked like. It seemed all the more grander however, which was stange because she thought she would never be able to assume it so. She removed her cloak and revealed a vertically striped dress, half of the stripes were chantilly lace, so they were transparent, but she wore another thin white dress underneath to keep her decent. On top, a lighter green, cropped evening jacket. She removed that also, along with her gloves. There was the green ribbon around her tiny waist, another on her left wist and the other thinner two in her delicately curled hair. Emily glared at her for the sheer finery she was wearing, Antonia winked at her and continued to descend the stairs. She spotted Oliver immediately, he was glaring at the necklace about her neck, the one Alexander bought for her in London. The other pendant Henry had given her was hidden under the neck line in her dress, pressed against her warm chest.

Once in the ballroom Oliver soon closed in on her 'Antonia! Little sister! how are you?' he beamed, taking her in his arms warmly. She hugged him back smiling, 'I am fine brother, how is Genevive? I should suppose she is large now?' 'Indeed. It's getting a burden.' she turned to see her sister in law behind her, about ready to burst. They hugged and laughed, exchanging greetings and happy smiles. 'Antonia,' Oliver brought her attention back to him. He looked run down. 'Are you alright Oliver? You look thin?' He waved his hand about casually. 'Yes yes I am fine. I've just been away on a little... buisness for a while... is all... anyway, I wanted to inqure about the beautiful necklace adorned about your neck, it truly is a marvel.' She smiled, touching it absent-mindedly. 'Yes, it was bought for me in London... I don't think... I can't remember...' her mind seemed fogged as to the location of the place she bought it from, she can't even remember ever having goign into a shop to purchace it. One moment it was there and the next, it was not. Oliver smiled 'Well, you enjoy your evening. Come Genevive.' They walked off together arm in arm and Antonia made her way over to where the drinks were being held, not being surprised to find Josiah already there. 'Ah, my favourite brother! So you decided to come anyway?' he turned around slowly, his cheeks slightly red from the drink 'AH! Antonia! Yes yes I am here! Isn't it wonderful! So much free drink!' She laughed 'Hush Josiah, you will have youself removed!' He seemed to ignore her, only thrusting a bottle of wine into her hands. 'Erm... thankyou...' she decided upon making a swift exit, pouring herself a drink from the bottle on the way. She scanned the room for the Earl, but couldn't see him, her heart dipped a little until she was asked to dance by a rich man from somewhere.

Oliver excused himself from his wife and walked directly to the place he had seen the Earl talking with his light-haired accomplice earlier, approaching them, he smiled. 'Good evening gentlemen. What a fine ball you are hosting.' The smile was obviously malitious and his tone frosty. 'May I speak with your Earlship,' he looked to Mr Bennet 'Alone?' Whisking the man away to one of the smaller rooms with great force, he turned to him. 'You are young and stupid Mr Granville. Barely a century old perhaps? I have hunted creatures far older than you and won so you will listen to me. That necklace my sister wears may protect her but it could change her.' he leaned into the man, his grip tightening on his arm and growled 'you will stay away from her. You will break all ties, break her heart if you must, but I will not have her changed into a being of hell as such are you. Of course you may dance with her, speak with her from time to time, but that is all Mr Granville. Or I will destroy you. Do you understand me?' with the silence her ripped his hand away from him, brushed down his cat and walked away, satisfied that his instructions would be followed or he wouldn't think twice about killing the beast.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 am

Alexander had spent the entirety of the week waiting for a letter in return. He walked by the front of the manor daily to see if Antonia or one of her servants passed by. But of course each day he grew more disappointed, he wanted to ride to her but William held him back. Sat in the dining room together over a glass of something dark William ran a hand through his blonde curled hair. “It gets cold so quickly….” Alexander didn’t reply, he was looking out towards the window in a daze. “Alex!” William slammed a hand down on the long table, Alexander finally turned to look at him, he wasn’t quite there; he hadn’t fed properly in weeks and glassed, cool blood wasn’t going to do the trick. “You see, that damned necklace is having an effect on you too.” William pointed outside “He isn’t going to come running in from the gardens is she?” Alexander stood. “You’re talking nonsense William.” Alexander left the dining room through the servant’s entrance into the kitchen; he had to personally check if what he had ordered was acceptable for the next day. William however was hot on his heels, barking. ”Don’t you just walk away from me!” William’s raised voice startled many of the servants, causing them to flee out of the way to other parts of the servant’s quarters. Alexander remained unshaken and continued to look at the table covered in large brass moulds. William rarely lost his temper, but as he threw the moulds off of the wooden table it seemed that he wasn’t going to take much more. “I made you Alex! Don’t you ever forget that. I AM TRIPPLE YOUR AGE GOD DAMN IT!” William took a hold of Alexander harshly, displaying his superior strength. “She is no good for you, not anymore. You must sort this or I will. Do not tempt me Alexander; you are heading down a dangerous path…” Alexander released his collar and left with the same force, he vanished amongst the steam of boiling pots. And one by one small servant maids crept back in and picked up the brass moulds. Alexander stood there looking at one of the girls, she was a slim redheaded girl, pretty, but nothing to flaunt. But neither the less he called her over to him. “When did I employ you?” Alexander asked huskily, leaning into the girl; she looked frightened but answered eagerly. “Last month my lord.” Alexander nodded, he didn’t remember it. “And what do you do for me?” The small woman blushed. “Well, whatever I am told…cleaning! I clean most of the time my lord!” Alexander shrugged. “Please go and arrange my study, I need it in exemplary condition for tomorrow.” The young woman scurried off, Alexander waiting a while before following up to her.

He opened the door softly, it made no sound but as his hard soled shoes hit the wooden floor the maid jumped, but didn’t falter from her task. Alexander closed the door and stood behind the woman, who was cleaning his quills. He leant into the nape of her neck; the young woman breath grew heavier. In a feeble attempt to refuse Alexander the woman squeaked. “I am engaged my lord…” Alexander’s eyes had darkened, he whispered in her ear, placing a hand on her waist and pulling her back into his chest; his lips now against her neck. “There is no need to worry about that now my darling.” He purred. He kissed her neck gently at first; he wanted her to relax before he made that finishing bite. With his teeth sinking into her vein her body went limp; fainting from shock. Alexander was quick and clean with his proceedings, disposing of the body in moments. It only took minutes for Alexander to feel better, his eyes faded back to their pale grey, but for the next day or so they would have that signature reddish-hue.

Alexander didn’t sleep that evening, he tossed and tuned and ended up having to go riding in the darkness, he had too mush energy to try and be human. He had to be outside in the wild, in the open countryside. But as the sun came up he saw it best to be around to supervise of the ball preparations. All of the servant staff were on top form; everything had been arranged and assorted. His foyer was transformed and the ballroom that he hardly every visited was opened and decorated grandly. Alexander himself was dressed in the most up to date of men’s fashion from London, as was William though he chose a more European touch, they were both present at the ball from the very beginning, greeting guests and making conversation, but it seemed to get very busy very quickly; but everyone appeared to be having a good time, a string quartet were playing and couples were dancing. Alexander knew it was only going to be polite to ask all of the young women to dance; he had his gentlemanly image to uphold. He watched two of Antonia’s sisters enter the ballroom as he walked towards William, who was looking at the Curnrow’s youngest with a little more than admiration. Alexander clicked his fingers to gain William’s attention. “My dear chap! You should probably act instead of staring; you’ll scare the poor girl.” William smirked and nodded knowingly towards Alexander’s eyes. “Are you feeling a little better?” Before Alexander could answer the pair were interrupted by Oliver. “Good evening Mr. Curnrow.” The pair said in turn.

Alexander followed Oliver into another room and noticed his grip tightening, a small smile unfolded on Alexander’s lips. “Oh?” He took a hold of Oliver as he went to walk away and pulled him back against a wall, a large mirror above their heads. “Then why haven’t you come for me before. I remember you… oh yes I could sense you from a mile away.” Alexander smiled openly, his fangs readily available. “Don’t be alarmed, I wouldn’t want to kill you today, a lovely young servant girl was enough to sustain my appetite for today… but your darling Antonia is far too unlike any other girl of her age, and you won’t be able to stop her admirations for me. Though,” Alexander let go of Oliver. “It would be a treat to see you try. Consider your warning heeded, but I’m sure we will be able to meet again properly.” Alexander left the room quickly and glided amongst the people looking for Antonia.
Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:02 am

The man she was dancing with tried to catch her attention as her eyes darted around the room looking for their host. 'It would take a lucky man to marry you!' her head snapped back to the young Devonshire man. 'In what sense?' she smiled, now looking up at the stranger. 'Well, you're from a rich family Miss Curnrown and I know you're not exactly as aesthetically pleasing as your sisters but...' ' Excuse me?' 'Well...' he paused 'its not un-noticable surely?' she pulled her hand away from him violently. 'How dare you!' she whispered in a broken voice, running though a group of laughing girls towards the drinks table where fruitless attempts at opening a stopper to a decanter of whisky led to cackles from behind her. 'Antonia, you're so unbecoming. What young lady drinks whisky!?' another gabble of laughs as she turned around. 'You may be getting more beautiful with age Antonia, but your reputation proceeds you.' They stopped laughing as one of the particularly vicious girls stood forward, Antonia lowered her head, 'You Antonia, are a waste of air. Nobody wants you here! I mean, even the poor Earl had to invite you around here out of pity. You think a man like him would ever take an interest in you?' she looked Antonia up and down slowly, tears welling up in Antonia's eyes. 'I pity you.' The group turned and walked away, leaving her shaking, and clasping an empty glass close to her chest. After a few moments, she walked through the crowds towards a familiar looking door. Once out in the coridoor, the tears rolled down her face. She made no sounds as she walked hrough the cold halls, only thinking to herself, perhaps they were right, everything they said. How could a man like him ever see anything in her? Perhaps it was all just a game he was playing.

She wiped the tears away with the back of her hand and made her way back into the ball room, almost instantly spotting the Earl of Rochester. She decided it would be just best to leave now instead of gaining any further embaresment, but as she was about to make for the door, Maryanne grabbed her by the arm 'Antonia!' she looked exited for some strange reason. 'Ah... Mary...' she didn't seem to take in much of Antonia because she began talking again 'Antonia... I must tell you I must, he told me to keep it a secret but... ah! I am just so exited!' 'What is is Mary?' she paused before continuing in a hushed voice 'Well... I am engaged!' 'What!? 'To Mr Ensleigh!' 'Of Dartington?' 'teh one and the same' 'But... But Mary that's miles away!' 'I know isn't it exiting!?' Antonia studied her friend for a moment, dispair in her eyes. 'Thats... wonderful Mary.' 'Oh I know! Will you be my maid of honor? Oh please say you will?' Antonia nodded solomly before being hugged tightly. 'May you excuse me? I must leave now.' Mary's face dropped 'Are you alright?' Antonia suffered a bout of vioent coughs that stained her handkerchief red before she replied with a nod 'Yes, just tired is all. I have to leave.' She turned and made towards the exit, motioning to her mother that she was leavig before taking the carriage home and crying herself to sleep.
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 am

Alexander caught a quick glimpse of Antonia as he floated back into the ball room, he could see that she was unhappy, Alexander could almost feel it. He made attempts to get over to her but it seemed every time he made his way further into the room he was stopped by somebody, young girls making polite conversation in the hope of a dance or a middle aged gentleman curious about his stance on the latest government movement. Alexander had to give up on Antonia for now, but he would find her later on. The music continued to play and by the end of the evening Alexander swore he could name every young eligible girl’s name; they were all beautiful, but they were all lacking a certain edge that he had only found in Antonia, her passion and, at times, fierce temper were what made her unique. All the other girls were too agreeing with whatever Alexander had to say, he was sure they would bore him quicker than the suit he was wearing. With dark haired young beauty dancing in his arms Alexander looked around the room to see if Antonia had returned, she had seen her brothers and sisters, her mother and father too; but it was as if she had left. He left the young girl swiftly as the music ended; worried that Antonia could have indeed left. “What would she think of me?” Alexander thought aloud. It would have looked as if he hadn’t even gone after her.

As people began to leave, William decided to seize an opportunity. He looked about to see the youngest of the Curnrow siblings, Emily, stood momentarily by herself. William could see her parents were close by but continued towards her. “Good evening, Emily, may I say that you are looking absolutely beautiful this evening, ethereal even.” He flashed a charming smile and gently took her hand “Would you care to dance with me? The night will be over soon and I would hate to think I would leave not having danced with you.” He led the young girl to the dance floor and for the entire dance kept her gaze. It was one of Williams’s talents, enticing people. He had an attractive nature. He didn’t speak much as they danced, but as the song ended William’s grip on Emily’s hand became a little tighter. “Won’t sit with me a while Miss Curnrow?

Alexander had disappeared from the ball, he had told one of his butlers that he had begun to feel ill and needed to walk and breathe some air. But in the driving rain it would have been impossible to tell which way he actually went. Without an overcoat Alexander walked into the darkness, it wasn’t until he was sure that he was out of sight that he picked up his pace. Keeping away from the roads Alexander built a speed that excelled human nature; it wasn’t long until he had reached the Curnrow house.
It was late now, there were a few dim lights on inside of the house but they weren’t from the rest of the Curnrow family, they were still at his manor, though he couldn’t guarantee for how long. He knew which window was Antonia’s, but after throwing a few pebbles at the window he couldn’t wake her up. He had an idea. All vampires have the ability of telepathy, albeit a weak power. Alexander would contact Antonia; it would sound to her like he had shouted to her to open the window but no one else would hear him, not alerting the servants. Alexander saw Antonia and the window open; he smiled and wasted no time climbing the wall to her second story room. Reaching her window ledge Alexander climbed into her room, softly lit by candlelight.

There stood a young man before Antonia, completely drenched through, his raven-black hair clinging to his face and shoulders. He took a breath in and spoke quietly. “I couldn’t let you leave without a goodbye.” He went to the door of Antonia’s room and placed a chair under the handle in case her family came home, it would give him enough time to leave out of the window. He turned back to Antonia. “Why did you leave?” He looked solemn, he was mirroring what she felt, and with that necklace near her she couldn’t hide her true emotions from her, just as he couldn’t hide his from her. He reached a hand out to her. “Antonia, why don’t you believe me when I say that I love you?” Alexander drew back his hand to undo his waistcoat, ruined by the rain. They stood at the foot of her bed, the wind and rain rattled the open windows, a chill blew in, but all Alexander was focused on was her. Every time their eyes met it was all he could focus on. He took a step closer to Antonia and lent into her; his lips barely touching hers, his fingertips ever so lightly brushing hers.

The Curnrow family were leaving, William begrudgingly let Emily go, but knew he had made a lasting impression on her, chivalry and charm always did with the young girls. He watched their carriage roll away and wondered what Alexander could be doing, he hadn't seen him since Oliver had asked to see him alone.
Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 am

It was dark when Antonia was startled awake by a shouting. She strained to look around but realised that the sound was coming from outside, she kicked her legs out of bed and walked to the window, her hair plaited loosely and her white slip skimming her thigh. Around her neck, she clasped the ruby, nervous as to whom it was at that early hour. She drew her curtains and pulled up her heavily pained window to look outside, out into the rain. She gasped loudly as she saw the Earl standing out there. 'Dear God Alexander! Go home! You're soaking wet!' She stepped back from the window as he climbes the tress' with intense skill. 'Wh... Why are you here Mr Granville?' She said, tears coing to her eyes as she turned away from him and went to stand by her mirror, gripping her necklace harder. "I couldn’t let you leave without a goodbye.” she said nothing as he blocked the door. “Why did you leave?” She paused for a moment, but it was as if he read her mind. “Antonia, why don’t you believe me when I say that I love you?” She turned around to him, tears threatening to ruin her composure. His waistcoat was laid on her dry bed, she looked up to him, his wet shirt clinging to the contours of his body, and his gaze peircing. He took a step closer to her and she caught her breath as his lips brushed against hers, something inside of her snapped, she put an arm aroung his neck and kissed him, her other hand pressed against his chest, it was like a longing urge that she had forgotten.
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next