Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

:: Roleplay :: Roleplay

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

Post  Rosé on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 am

Alexander couldn’t help himself anymore, the warmth of her skin came through is shirt. It was inviting. For a while he wouldn’t pull away, he felt complete with her there but had to let Antonia draw her breath, as soon as she had they were joined again; it was as if he needed her and much as she needed him. His hands wandered the silhouette of Antonia’s shape as they kissed; first at her shoulders, pausing at her hips, returning to her waist where Alexander pulled her in closer to him. The ruby necklace was touching Alexander’s chest as well, it seemed to intensify everything he was feeling. “Antonia...” He breathed quietly into her ear, kissing along her neckline. “I love you, more than life itself...” his candlelight flickered with a sudden gush of wind, a few going out. The room dimmer, Alexander picked Antonia up as if she were weightless, sitting her on her bed and leaning over her. His hair darkened by the rain surrounded them, his hand gently caressing her face and neck and as Alexander kissed her again, but this time with more passion. The sound of the rain eliminated all others; all he could see, hear, feel or care for was Antonia.

Alexander’s hands rested on her shoulders for a while, he hadn’t notices hoe little she was wearing until now. Many gentlemen would have laughed at such an exposure, even appalled, but Alexander only thought it made her more beautiful, Antonia didn’t need finery to win his heart. He pressed gently on Antonia’s shoulders as to lay her back; he stayed clothed, not wanting to startle her. Instead Alexander rested both of his arms above her head. Kissing along her collar bone and jaw Alexander tried to keep most of his body off of her, he was still soaked through and he was aware that Antonia was still ill, even if she did well to hide it. Brushing his lips against hers, Alexander had a sudden urge, a deep feeling, leaning into the nape of Antonia’s neck he whispered softly “Marry me, Antonia.”
Rosé
Admin

http://heartsofpureice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:34 am

Antonia felt as if she were engulfed in his passions, feeling herself being owered onto her bed before she knew what was happening. She was laying down, him over her as he kissed her invitingly, everying was going so well until... “Marry me, Antonia.” 'What?' repeating his question didn't seem to alarm her any less. 'Marry you?' she had sat up, facing him now, her night-dress slightly damp and cold, which caused her chest to ache with her illlness. 'I... I don't...' she looked at him for a moment, as if considering his question. Suddenly, from somewhere downstairs, the door clicked open and the sound of her youngest sister's voice called out her name. Antonia, alarmed stood up, pushing him off of her. 'It's Emily... Oh Lord its Emily! What should I do... What is she doing back this late... she must have seen my window open...' her panicking caused her to cough, but as she didn't have her handkerchief near her, she coughed into her forearm, to her severe distaste, deep crimson blood flecked her skin, she would have tried to have hidden it from Alexander, but it was too late anyway. She wiped it off onto her finger and put her finger into her mouth, a guilty pleasure she had taken to over the past month. Emily's call was coming closer up the stairs. Antonia quickly turned to the Earl. 'Alex, you need to go...' he seemed to know exactly what she meant and she ran to the window but he was already outside. 'Alexander!' she called out into the heavy rain. 'My answer is yes!' she smiled, filled to the brim with adreniline and sheer delight, she ran to the door, unhooked the chair from underneath, then to the window again just in time. 'Antonia?' she turned around to see her youngest sister in her room. 'Are you okay? It's just, I saw your window open and wondered if you were okay.' She smiled to her 'Oh, yes, yes I am Em, just having one of my night fevers... I'll be fine you get yourself to bed... oh... Emily! Where have you been...?' the youngest girl smiled broadly 'With Mr Bennett' she called down the coriddor, her door slamming shut. Antonia stood, looking out into the empty hallway. 'William...'
Outrageous.
Admin

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/jivey3

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:52 am

Alexander himself became a little frantic at the thought of being caught by Antonia’s family. It were as if he was a young man in the heart of London again, when he had first met his love of the fortnight and was unable to stay away, even if it meant being chased down the road at two in the morning with a blunted meat cleaver. However he didn’t think the same would be just as acceptable here, these were different times and a different class of people. He looked as calm as ever putting his waistcoat on and was out of the window, landing on the ground below quietly. He was about to run into the darkness but turned around at Antonia’s call. His beaming smile must have been visible for her even at that height. As soon as the Antonia left the window however he was gone and in no time back at the manor. It seemed that all of his guests had gone and William must have sorted things out. He stormed through the front door and called William but he called back that he was in the library.

“I don’t like being left to do things Alex, you know that.” William stropped a glass of what anyone else would assume to be a heavy red wine. “My apologies, you know what had to be done; I had things to arrange.” William raised an eyebrow. “So you’ve done it then?” Alexander nodded. They both knew that what he had done was a bad idea, marrying a human was sure to end in disaster; he would end up feeding on her or outliving he. But before either could happen he knew that Antonia would begin to notice that he wasn’t ageing. “You know...” William mused. “I would be best to tell her, before you are wed. No, no, listen to me now Alexander. She is going to have a hard time dealing with this but to know she is married to a vampire may tip her over the edge.” Alexander scowled. “And you really think she will marry me then?! William please, I have a better chance of turning her and then asking her to marry than just telling her outright.” William laughed and sat up a little straighter. “The thought of Antonia becoming a vampire, I doubt if she would make a week!”

He knew What William was saying had some truth, but he was going to need a plan, he had proposed and it was no doubt going to be made formal by the next day’s end. “Send a letter to Antonia’s house, have it request her and her mother and father only to come for afternoon tea, I will make it formal, in that way I can take her to Paris in the following week and I shall think of something then.” William nodded happily. “It sounds good enough to work, who knows, her parents may even throw an event in honour of your engagement.” Alexander knew William’s intentions, he had always enjoyed a long chase and Antonia’s youngest sister was perfect for that. But Alexander didn’t comment, instead he went to change and organise the maids to prepare for the evening. He didn’t feel like sleeping today.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:00 am

Antonia woke in the morning to an exited rapping on her door. 'What...? Mother!' 'Antonia! Darling, The Earl has invited us to dine with him tonight, isn't this exiting?!' She now sat up in her bed. 'What? What! Oh Lord what is he doing?' she muttered. 'Get the maids in here, I need to be dressed.'

Riding through the fields as a shortcut, she was soon at the Earls manor. Storming in, she soon found the two of them. Walking straight over to Alexander, her face flushed red in fury and her ruby mirroring that she shouted 'What do you think you're doing!?' the little butler ran in behind her after attempting to deter her. 'Sorry... sir... tried to... stop her.' 'oh shut up old man, go... clean something will you?!' she spat sounding spoilt. When he'd left, she turned back to her fiancee 'Firstly, what in Heavens name do you think you're inviting my family over for? Do you want to ruin everything? Coming over my house, soaking wet, all blasted ravishing and handsome and dashing and...' she turned to her left, to the source of the sniggering 'And you! William Lancelot Bennett, Yes that's right he told me your middle name, You... Stay away from my sister!' Her infuriated shrieks left her breathing hard, her delicate finger pointing in William's face. William lifted a finger of his own, moving hers out of the way with it 'Darling, calm down.' 'Calm down? CALM DOWN YOU BLOODY INFURIATING SON OF A...' She was cut shot by Alexander, turning away and almost growling in frustration she attempted to control herself. Turning back around, William had gone. 'Have you not thought what would happen if Oliver... oh lord...' her swearing had come to an irrefutable climax as she sunk down into a chaise lounge, her head in her hands in complete despair. 'Can we just elope...' she muttered, exasperated. 'Oh Alex, I suppose you are making perfect sense but...' she had to think of something clever 'but my daddy would never let me marry you without a ring.' She grinned, then standing 'Yes, well. I must be going. I need to get ready.' she could hardly expel the smile from her face. 'Yes well... Goodbye...' she ran to the door, pausing to turn back around 'Oh and, If I catch that damned man near my sister again, i'll have him shot.' she smiled sweetly 'I'll see you tonight darling.'
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:29 am

Alexander and William were sat in one of the main reception rooms in silence, of course they were talking to each other frantically, but to the un trained eye it looked like an icy silence. The silence was broken by the sound of Antonia bursting through the door. “Oh.” Alexander looked a little confused, why was she angry. “Whats...” He didn’t have enough time to ask, she was like a whirlwind, shouting at whoever were to look at her in the eye. “William, please. She has a point.” Alexander shot him a look. Just let me deal with her, okay? William was gone quick enough. After Antonia had finally calmed down he approached her a little. “You know we can’t...” Alexander leant in as if to console her but as quick as Antonia had sat down she had sprung up again. “A ring? Oh god, yes a ring!” Watching her dart out of the room and from the manor Alexander kicked himself. “How the devil could I forget a ring?” He didn’t have too much time to go and find one, especially in this town. He called upon one of the servant girls to join him into town as they were sure to know what was better suited to a woman than he did, never being much of a fan of jewellery. “What do you think of this one?” He said to the young girl who looked too scared to disagree with anything he had to say. “It...it’s lovely my lord.” It was the fifth time she had done this. “Oh come now girl. If I buy a terrible ring it will be on your head! Now tell me, what about... that one, yes the one with the blue diamond in the middle.” And for the first time in a while the girl sounded genuine when she gasped. “Mr Granville! That’s the one!” Her wide eyes told it all, from the jewellers Alexander and his servant were happy with their purchase; though neither had looked at the price.

A few of the other servants were not as happy about the wedding however. Those who had quietly watched Alexander and William had their suspicions about them, even if it had nothing to do with the supernatural they were still convinced that something wasn’t right about the pair of them. Alexander had sensed it from a few of the older maids and butlers but left them to fester. Neither William nor Alexander had been caught in over seventy years; they were getting mature and more precise. William often relished in letting a human she the rosy-red hint of blood around his gum=line when he smiled, or perhaps a glimpse of fang; it worked them up and the poor human wouldn’t be able to anything but worry.

Back at the manor the dining room had been set, he was determined for everything to go right. Her parents couldn’t suspect a thing was going on. William had been banished from the manor for that evening and any servant seen acting out of order “Will be dismissed immediately.” Alexander glared at each one of them; he planned far worse if they were to ruin anything. He had the ring box in hand and checked it over again, it was a thin gold band with two very small white diamonds set either side of a considerably large blue diamond. He clasped the box shut and placed it on the inside of his suit jacket. As Antonia and her parents arrived he commented how beautiful the two ladies looked and shook her father’s hand firmly. Once the ladies were seating in the main reception room Alexander turned to her father. “Mr. Curnrow, would you join me in the lower library for just a moment?” Alexander looked to Antonia briefly before leading her father into the next room, they weren’t gone for long and when the pair returned Alexander did nothing, he waited for all the courses of the meal to be served in the dining room. They ate; much to Alexander’s displeasure, and returned back to the reception room where sat next to Antonia Alexander looked towards her parents. She had gotten her father’s approval. “I invited you all here this even to ask you something...” Hand in pocket he smiled. “With your parent’s permission...” Alexander now on one knee looked Antonia in the eyes and opened the green silk lined box to show the blue diamond ring. “Antonia Anne Curnrow, would you do me the honour of being my wife.” He smiled again. “Will you marry me?”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:26 pm

'But, why aren't you coming?' Antonia whined at her resiliant sisters. 'I have been invited out to meet the decetive inspector's daughters.' 'I am having a riding lesson.' She turned to the youngest. 'Well... someone has to look after the house.' The others sighed 'Emily! That's why we have maids... That't it, you're comign too.' 'But Antonia! I was there last night, I get so bored at dinner parties, I don't want to go. You can't make me. I shall stay here with daddy.' 'Daddy's coming too.' a smug look reched Antonia's face as her younger sister was once again lost for words. 'But... but Daddy never goes anywhere... Why is Daddy going!? I don't want to go!' she stamped her foot and folded her arms. Just at that moment, Mrs Curnrow walked in 'Girls... what is going on?' 'Why isn't anyone coming to the dinner tonight but me?' Antonia's mother smiled 'Oh but dear, your Father and I are too.' Antonia frowned 'Fine. I don't want to go then.' Emily butted in 'Why is daddy going? Daddy only goes somewhere when it's important.' 'Maybe it is important.' Antonia grumbled 'What do you mean by that dear?' she looked up, and her family was staring at her 'Oh, nothing, not that any of you would care anyway...' A raucous of shouts and whines was risen 'No no, if you're not coming tonight then you shall just have to wait until tomorrow.' And with that she turned on her heels and left to get ready.

Descending the stairs again her mother looked up and gasped 'Antonia! You are not wearing that surely?' she looked down at her attire 'Whyever not?' Her mother looked as if sh were to implode 'It is only dinner, not a formal occasion. Why do you persist on wearing such dark clothes?' her father came out of the living room 'Antonia darling, you look lovely.' Antonia grinned triumphantly 'Thankyou daddy.'
She was wearing a deep blue dress, as dark as sapphires, and her favoured black cloak which her mtoher always said made her look like she was in mourning. Her hair was tightly curled back, and she was wearing, as always, her necklace.

They soon arrived at the manor. The door was opened and the incredible nerves kicked in, she felt a little faint, but managed to pull it together, until she saw Alexander. They sat down for a meal and she could barely hold her cutlery. 'Pardon?' she said, looking up at Alexander, her parents were looking at her strangely 'What did you say?' silence 'He didn't say anything Tonia darling...' she laughed 'Is this one of your practical jokes daddy? Mr Granville, what did you say, I'm sorry, I wasn't listening properly...' silence yet again 'What... you mean you really did not say anything...?' a shake of the head was enough for her. 'But... I heard you... p...perhaps it was just my imagination...' 'Perhaps.' it wasn't, she had definately heard him say something, it were as if she were reading his thoughts almost. She gripped her necklace tightly.

The dinner was finished and they were all led back into the reception room. Antonia sat down opposite her mother and father only for Alexander to sit next to her. Her heart was racing, what had daddy said? she thought, perhaps he refused. She was visably shaking and her face had drained all colour. “I invited you all here this evening to ask you something...” she must have backed out for a moment because the next thing she knew Alexander was reaching into his jacket pocket “With your parent’s permission...” 'Oh good Lord...' she muttered as he got down on one knee, she stood up facing him shakily “Antonia Anne Curnrow, would you do me the honour of being my wife.” She gripped onto the nearest table 'Pardon...?' he smiled, that dazzling smile that she had first seen so many nights ago “Will you marry me?” 'I...' before she had a chance to answer, her mother jumped up in a flurry of delighted squeals and hyperventilations. 'Good Heavens! Are you sure my dear boy?' 'Margaret...' her husband warned, still sat. Antonia's blood boiled 'Of course he's bloody sure... give me that.' she took the ring from the box and put it on her finger, a perfect fir 'There you see, now he has to marry me whether you like it or not.' she stood with a both smug and irritated girn, Her mother stood there gobsmacked, Antonia only hoped that by now, Alexander was both used to her profanities and her quick temper, especially when it came to her mother. 'Well.' her father said, breaking the silence 'I for one am very happy for you both. The money will be transferred to your account when you are married.' Antonia looked confused 'You're... you're paying him to marry me?' She looked at Alexander, genuinely hurt, that was until the two men started laughing 'No my dear, it was his choice, I am referring to your dowery.' she flushed bright red with embaressment 'Oh... oh yes...' she looked at the floor. 'No I don't know anything about the logistics of money and marriage. I am a woman afterall.' silence fell in the room as soon as she had finished her reply to Alexander 'who are you talking to dear...?' her mother said as if she were scared 'Al...Mr Granville...' 'He didn't say anything...' 'This isn't funny now. He said that he's surprised that I didn't know that seeming as I'm so well read on most things... didn't you?' she turned to Alexander and his silence said everything. 'But... I heard you...' She rubbed her neck underneath her necklace. 'We must be leaving.' Mr Curnrow announce to break the akward silence. 'Come along Margaret... Thankyou sir... for everything.' She shook his hand warmly before turning to his daughter 'Follow us out in a moment will you?' She nodded before watching them leave. 'I... I can't apologise enough... It seems perhaps nerves have gotten the best of me and I have begun hearing things... or perhaps it was the malt whisky I drank before getting here...' she sighed, taking a step toward him 'In answer to your question, yes, I will marry you Alexander, and thankyou for theoh blood mary... look at the size of this thing!' she had only just looked at her new engagement ring 'you could skate on it!' the blue diamond was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Besides her ruby of course. 'Will you ride with me tomorrow?' She asked hopefully, smiling at his reply. 'Good...' she muttered, before placing a cold hand on his equally cold cheek and kissing him. She broke away. 'Yes, tomorrow...'
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 am

Alexander looked to Antonia as her mother and father left the room, he knew exactly what was happening, it was exactly what William had spoke of before but only now did Alexander grow a little concerned. “Don’t worry Antonia, Darling.” He smiled “It was most probably the nerves, I can tell you I was the same earlier, but this is what I want; besides...” He laughed a little. “It was as if you were taking the words straight from my mouth!” He returned her kiss softly and walked her to the main door, closing it behind his fiancée. But as soon as the door was closed Alexander had to find William, he searched the house before getting a feeling, he went towards one of the roof spaces to see William amongst the broken furniture and the dust. “Don’t you think this reminds you of us Alex?” Alexander looked confused; he leant against a crooked bedpost of a bed that had no wooden slats to support a mattress. “Well, aren’t we just like these pieces of furniture?” He was having a philosophical moment. “We are nothing but broken, damaged, dead creatures. Dust and decay...” Just as things were taking a solemn tone William jumped up from his seat, a plume of just following his golden hair. “But don’t you just love it!” Alexander was now terribly puzzled. “We have no expectations Alex, no standards! Doesn’t that make life so much sweeter? We are meant to be dead! And if not just common murderers on the street, like most modern vampires are! But look at us my Darling Alex; we have worked our way to finery! Please, for a moment forget your troubles with that girl and enjoy what you have.” They stood together, relaxed. “For all you know, you may not be here tomorrow, were not meant to be here at all.” It was with that final sentence that William disappeared from Alexander’s sight. He was of little help but gave Alexander a lot to think about.

Early morning, Alexander was already mounted on his horse and on his way to the Curnow residence, he wondered if her parents had told the rest of the family. It was made clear when he knocked on the door as one of the younger sisters answered the door and hurried him into the house with her mother into a sitting room. “Antonia will be down right away! Would you like a cup of tea?” Alexander was a little bewildered but touched with the acceptance, accepting a cup of tea he sat next to one of the sisters, half listening to their conversation but waiting to see Antonia enter the room to say. “Good morning, my darling.”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:39 am

Antonia was woken in the morning by a sharp knocking at the door followed by a rather flustered maid. 'Great Scott, whatever is the matter girl!?' Antonia exclaimed at the frantic look on the young womans face. 'Mr Granville is waiting for you downstairs.' 'What?! What time is it? Oh Lord...' she called out, falling to the floor in an attempt to see the clock. 'Well, don't just stand there! Get me dressed!' It took them almost fifteen minutes to get her dressed, most of that time was spent lacing up her corset, but eventually, she was ready. Descending the stairs in a cream dress and scarlet ribbons, she made her way to the drawing room where her fiancee was waiting for her. Her cheeks a little rosy and her hair dressed in a loose plait hanging between her shoulderblades, she looked almost healthy for once. Upon his casual greeting, her brow furrowed at the mysterious man. 'Should I leave then enter again? Then will you remember your manners and stand?' she smiled playfully 'I may have consented to marry you Mr Granville, but last time I checked I was still a woman!' she laughed 'Hello my dear.' she offered a hand out for him to take, unrelentlessly smug as her sisters caught sight of her ring.

They rode out on the grounds of her estate for a while in silence, she glanced occasionally at him with a smile, not understanding still how a man like him could ever wish to marry her. Finally, with a sigh, she broke the silence 'I tell you, it is frightfully lucky that you gifted me this horse.' a playful look in her eye 'Well, its talents would be perfectly wasted with you, why I believe that if we were, for example, racing to the brook, I would most certainly beat you there... You cheat!' she exclaimed as he rode off witout more than a starting note.

She inevitably caught him up and passed him, arriving at the river in good time. She dismounted and praised her horse for a while before walking to a bank to sit down. He soon arrived and sat by her, She laughed as he did 'I did warn you, I've been riding all my life Alexander, and if I wasn't a woman and plagued with insufferable clothes, I would have beaten you tenfold.' She reached up to her neck, feeling the emptyness of not having her necklace on. She had taken it off the night before after feeling a little sick. They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, watching the river as it passed by. 'Where in London were you born?' she asked, completely by surprise. He had never specifically told her that he was from there, or infact anything about him really, but she had picked up things from how he acted. 'I guessed, you may be able to hide your accent from others but not me, and the way you acted when you were there, like it was all second nature to you.' She looked up to him, her head rested on his shoulder, completely in awe of him. 'And your family?' she looked away at his answer 'Oh, I'm sorry...' she couldn't imagine life without her family. Silence resumed again. His hair was tied back neatly as it usually was, he looked the same as ever, if not a little sterner, like something was worrying him. She wondered what it was, but dare not ask, she was feeling a little more reserved for some reason. 'Have I told you how incurably handsome you are? I must look like a milk-maid when with you...' she smiled sadly, lowering her eyes a little at the thought.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:03 am

Alexander smiled at the tone of Antonia’s entrance, she was very too the point with her feelings; much to the disgust and confusion of her sisters. But it was this charm that had drawn him to her in the first place. “My apologies, my darling.” Alexander stood and kissed her hand gently. “Come now, shall we ride? I hear that the weather should be holding until later this afternoon.” He took Antonia by the arm for the first time without it being in secret and relished in her sister’s sighs as he escorted her outside to where her horse was kept. He didn’t have to help her onto her horse but still stood beside her as she got on, in case. Mounting his own, Alexander was hit by a wall of pain in his stomach, it was fierce but he still kept a straight face whilst riding though he was a little quiet He had to feed desperately, he had been stupid and forgotten his pattern, too concerned with Antonia and the business of marrying her, now he was desperate to feed. He wouldn’t focus on Antonia as they rode, he could practically hear her heartbeat when he was like this, in fact he could hear the heartbeat of all the living things around him, he had to try extremely hard to stop thinking about his next feed. “And why would you say that?” He looked to her with a smile. He could sense a challenge was afoot and readied himself. “The brook you say?” Alexander spoke over her and raced off ahead of his fiancée.

Alexander laughed loudly as she overtook him, he dismounted his shores a while after her and sat by her side, looking at the brook “You can’t blame a city boy for trying...” The sun was hurting his eyes today, it was a sign that he needed to feed, he was distracted by this dull pain; he answered Antonia without thinking. “Hakney. The upper side that is.” He wondered how long it would be before someone heard him slip; he was thankful that it was Antonia, not say her mother. “My family?” He sighed, a slightly sore subject, even now. “My mother died in childbirth, my only brother died when I was sixteen and my father when I was twenty...” They were all lies; the truth being both his parents and siblings all live long and pain felt lives, never knowing where their son or brother had gone, whether he were dead or alive- the truth being far worse than death itself. “Its... it’s okay” He smiled down to her, resting his head on hers. “We all learn to cope in our own ways...” Alexander took off his jacket at put it beside him. “You a milk maid, if you were a milkmaid then I would be nothing more than a street urchin.” He laughed, wrapping the stray hairs of her plait through his fingers. “No, Antonia you are a princess,” He smiled “But yes, do think you have...”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Antonia laughed at his response 'Huh! Well perhaps I should stop telling you, you seem to have developed rose tinted spectacales... princess of scullery maids is more apt...' she trailed off grumbling. She couldn't help but think back to London whilst sat there with him. There was a part of him she'd seen that she wasn't much fond of, that would have almost scared her. Another thing that had been playing on her mind for a while popped into conversation. 'Will Loretta be in Paris?' the question was seeminly unprovoked 'Well, I am positive she was planning on disembowelling me last time we met. If I am meeting her again, I might just bring along a pack of wild dogs to fend her off... although she would probably just fit right in...' her violently rude comment sparked something. 'I saw the way she was looking at you Alexander and I am afraid that if she wants to start something like that then she is going to have to get through me. Believe it or not, I am tougher that I look.' she wasn't, infact if anything, she was feeling awfully vinerable that day for some reason. And sick. Normally she would ignore her imminent illness, knowing too well that it was probably someting serious, but that day she was just feeling ill. She was paler than usual, and thinner, it then struck her that the last time she ate was possibly before she went to London. The realisation shocked her a little. 'I am... I am feeling ill...' she said, almost not believing it herself. She went to sit up for herself, the blood rushing to her head and making her dizzy. 'I... I have to return home... I do not feel myself...' she turned to look at him, her eyes pleading him to help her. She felt weak, overly so, attempting to stand her legs buckled underneath her.

She couldn't remember much else, knowing that when she woke, it was dark and she felt immediately sick. A candle flickered in the corner of the room, lighting up her brother, his head in his hands. He looked up when feeling her gaze upon him. 'Antonia... oh Lord I thought... how are you feeling...?' She coughed a little, confused at what was going on. 'What happened?' He got up, crossing the room to her 'You passed out at the river, Alexander was quite concerned, he took some convincing that you would be alright here. Antonia, look at you... you are immaciated! When was the last time you ate?' She immediately played the defensive with his harsh tone. 'I always look immaciated Josiah, it is hardly my fault...' her resistance turned into violent coughing. Josiah looked at her for the first time like he was truly worried 'You are not well Tonia. If you do not start eating, you will die.' silence took over, she was shocked, she had never had anybody tell her that before, even though it was the truth.

A few days later, she was feeling better, her meals being monitored by Josiah personally. She was almost packed for Paris, exitement brimming in the Curnrow household. Alexander was to arrive to pick her up in a few moments, she was dressed in one of Oliver's wife's old dresses that she had when she was twelve or so, the only things that would fit her tiny figure. She looked wonderful, her necklace around her neck and her eyes much brighter as she paced the hallways.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Alexander was a little taken aback by Antonia’s sudden question; he hadn’t even been sure that she remembered Loretta that evening. “Well, Loretta is a very unique character. I can’t really keep tabs on her whereabouts at all, seeing her is an off chance wherever I go. She travels all over Europe and the new world. But in short, I can’t think of any reason that she should be in Paris whilst we are there.” He hadn’t seen what happened the second time the pair met when Antonia had left the evening meeting; but he hadn’t ever taken Antonia to be a Liar, and despite Loretta’s innocent features he had known her to be quite dark. Though never towards someone who Alexander knew. “Tougher you say?” There was a small silence where Alexander looked out to the brook where they were sat and wondered when he was going to next feed; he had left it too late for it to be small, this time it would have to kill a person. But just as he thought about it Antonia stood up, a little shakily. “Come here,” Alexander stood “I’ll take you home” but before she said anything else Antonia dropped. It was only because of his quick reflexes that Alexander caught her in time. Looking to his unconscious fiancé Alexander could only begin to have a small idea about what was happening, but he had a pretty good idea. He would come back for his horse, but he carried Antonia back to her house on hers. He explained that she had been feeling faint one moment and the next she was unconscious.

He left her to rest with her family and set out back to his manor, he wanted to speak to William about what had happened, it was only when he was carrying her that Alexander notices how light Antonia had gotten, he then notices her near-gaunt cheeks and assume that what could have been happening was for the worse. He found William writing a letter at Alexander’s bureau in the lower Library. “Something is going terribly wrong William.” It were as if William already knew what was happening. “I told you nothing good would come from that necklace…” Alexander closed the door behind him, “What do you mean?” William turned to face Alexander. “Antonia, I now she isn’t well, any sane person could see It for weeks; or at least someone who wasn’t so madly in love. Alexander you have no idea what that necklace is doing to her, or you.” Alexander sat down, he joked about William a lot but when it came to the subject of the occult or what lurked in the darkness, his age proved to aid him. “Alexander, the woman in the shop told you that there was danger with this; she was more than right. This necklace is what bonds her so strongly to you, in an unearthly sort of way. For example, hadn’t you noticed how gaunt she had gotten the last month? Well I’ll tell you why , the part of her connected to you thinks that it doesn’t have to eat, because you don’t have to, do you see? A part of Antonia thinks that she is a vampire, it is subconscious but it is affecting her in hazardous ways.” William didn’t let Alexander speak. “And as for you, there is a part of your psyche reverting to the state of a human. Yes Alexander. A human, it’s why you have been putting off feeding, oh hush I haven’t seen you on top form for eons now! You have been putting it off until necessary and do you remember how that affected you last time? You had to day in a darkened room and had to feed you from a vial. This is getting serious Alexander.” William turned back to his letter that was addressed to Emily Curnrow, though he didn’t put his name at the bottom; it as a romantic letter that he hoped only she would recognise the sender by what was inside it. “You need to destroy the necklace before it destroys you both.”

Alexander fed, and felt in good spirits again, and in good time for him to ride in his carriage to Antonia’s house. They were to set off to Paris in the afternoon. At Antonia’s door he knocked it gently again one of Antonia’s younger sisters answered the door and pulled him into the house, Alexander was dressed well, as if he were going to the city. He politely declined any tea as he insisted that they really must be going or they wouldn’t get to Paris before nightfall, their steamship was to set off soon. He saw his fiancée and with a gleaming smile Alexander took her bags and kissed her hand. “How lovely it is to see you looking better again, are you ready to go?”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:49 am

Antonia smiled quaintly at her fiancee. “How lovely it is to see you looking better again, are you ready to go?” 'I do not know what you are implying for I was never ill in the firstplace. Tired maybe, ill no. And I am more than ready to leave.' at that moment, Emily came running down the stairs. 'TONIA! TONIA! Oh... good... you're not gone... you forgot this...' Antonia frowned at her sister for calling her Tonia infront of Alexander, but then cried out in thanks when she saw what she was holding. 'My necklace! Oh good L... goodness...' she glanced at her mother who smiled 'Thankyou Emily. Thankyou all so much. I shall miss you when I am gone... she turned to Josiah who was waiting at the door for her 'I will miss you most of all Josiah...' she hugged him, tears in her eyes. He laughed 'Honestly woman... I'll be at your wedding will I not? It is not like I shall not see you again! Now cheer up, go on your holidays! Enjoy yourself for once you miserable trout!' Antonia waved her family off, at the same time trying to fasten the necklace around her petit neck. Finally she did it, feeling stronger as soon as it was next to her skin. She sighed happily, looking up to Alexander. 'Was your hair always this fine?' she asked, another one of he random questions. Satisfied with the answer, her questions turned to that of the journey. 'I've never been on a boat. How exciting. Have you been on one before? What are the rooms like are they habitable? Do they feed you? I'm very particular about my food you know... I won't have anything salty... actually I probably wont have anything I'm not in the least bit hungry. I do hope my room shall not be too hot, I'm awfully sensitive to the heat you know... did I pack my blue dress... yes I believe I did...' she trailed off, knowing she was probably taking too much due to nervousness. She sighed. 'I do apologise... I'm a terrible bore.' she smiled, looking at her hands in her lap. 'No no, it's fine, I bore of my voice also, you do not have to put up with it, I will stay quiet until we reach the boat.'
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:43 am

Alexander couldn’t help but worry about Antonia in the carriage; she often talked too much but now she was sounding a little irate and possibly shaking a little. “You aren’t a bore Antonia…” He laughed at her almost talking to herself. “Come on, I enjoy speaking to you, I wouldn’t have asked you to come along if I didn’t enjoy your company. I especially wouldn’t propose to a bore so come now, how have your family been. Say, I didn’t see Oliver or his wife around, have they gone home or are they on travels too?” Alexander was sat close to his fiancée, a hand on hers gently; Antonia was feeling cooler than, normal, and her jaw even more prominent. “Antonia, you will eat before we get onto the steamboat, trust me you do not want to be tired for that experience, travellers are always the most interesting people… I shall get you something once we reach the city, besides, there has to be another few hours before we even get that far. These country roads are not made for express travel.” He tightened his grip on Antonia’s hand, gently kissing her cheek, looking down at the ruby pendant as he did, wondering how he could get rid of it without Antonia getting too upset, but seeing what it had already done to her, Alexander had a feeling that it was too late for all of that now, she was more dependent on it by the day.

William had waved Alexander off in the morning and now had the run of the manor all for himself; Alexander had personally asked him to keep the place going whilst he was away for the fortnight and William was only too happy to oblige Of course He wasn’t going to stay in the manor for long. It had been a long time since he had been to a town or city where he could have a choice of women. In the countryside he was having to be so careful and calculated, but in the city in the early hours; whores were easy pickings and the young maidens a challenge to chase through the night. But there was one girl in the countryside that he had set his eye on; but she was going to be his personal play-thing. And William had sat down and written her a letter;

My darling, I have enclosed in this parcel
a number of tokens for you
they express the depth of my love for you.
And my wish for you to return such love.

I have been looking upon you lately,
and often when you have not known it.
I have discovered the intimate touch of your hands as we glide about the ballroom,
the light of your dazzling eyes as they gaze into mine,
the elegance and grace of your steps,
the beauty of your porcelain complexion,
the softness of your silken skin,
and I long to see you again.

My dearest, I shall see you before long.

William posted the letter along with a parcel. Inside the parcel was a rose and a silver and emerald ring; nothing much at first but the girl was young. it was all addressed to Emily. Donning his cloak, William rode to the nearest city for the weekend.

Alexander felt Antonia grow heavier against him and her breathing slightly slowed, looking ever so slightly over his shoulder and saw she was asleep. He wanted to see what would happen if he took the necklace from her, out of curiosity. With his other arm Alexander reach around to Antonia’s neck and unclasped the necklace and let it drop into his hand and placed it into his pocket, he now had to wait for her to wake up. If the process had gone too far William said that she wouldn’t be able to function without it, he only hoped that wasn’t the case, but Alexander would be able to consult others when in Paris, older vampires that William that may know a little more.

Alexander noticed that Antonia's sleep was heavy, as if she had been deprived for some time so he decided to have the driver continue to the docks where they would immediately get onto the steamboat, Alexander would buy Antonia new dresses once in paris, but for now all that Alexander was interested in was getting Antonia on the steam ship. Time passed quickly and it didn't seem like more than an hour that they had reached the coast. The scene around them was crowded with workers and those in the importing industry. Alexander looked to his sleeping fiancee and wondered how she would react to such a place; it was time to find out. "Antonia, darling, we have arrived at the docks, I have had the bags carried to our room, come now the boat leaves in a quarter-hour." Alexander smiled and helped Antonia out of the carriage. "Docks are always full of life like this, the steam engine it the future, much faster than sail boats, trust me." They walked through the cobbled street towards the jetty where the rather large steamboat was docked. It houses around thirty, all going to Paris. We must catch a train to Paris from over the channel...but...we will be in our hotel by night fall I promise!" Alexander held Antonia's arm as they walked onto the boat and were then shown to their room. The bags were already present and it was cleaner than he had expected, but Alexander could only count one bed. "Antonia, you take the bed, no I will not have that. You have been out of sorts lately and I would be a terrible fiancee and gentleman if I were to let you go un rested, no more need be said." He grinned, having a feeling of victory. "I'll meet you on the deck in a moment, it takes a while to get used to, being on a boat, but you should overcome any sickness quickly, unlike William, I am afraid he never took well to boats in his entire lifetime, his head constantly overboard." Alexander laughed as he left the small cabin to the deck, the see air bracing as they set off to Paris.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Antonia had troubled dreams while she slept; they were pleasant, up to a certain point, where then she only had horrific images of death and mutilation, she woke with a start when Alexander shook her gently, looking around shiftily, she didn’t know what was wrong, but there definitely wasn’t something right. As he helped her out of the carriage, she looked around, aware of every other person there, he laughed "Docks are always full of life like this, the steam engine is the future, much faster than sail boats, trust me." she turned to him, her eyes a little vacant ‘Yes… I do… trust you I mean…’ The steam boat was so large compared to any she had seen before; obviously it was nothing compared with Josiah’s naval ship, but for what it was, it was large. ‘Wow… it looks wonderful…’ she said, her skin seeming a little paler, she was overly thirsty, and so made a mental note to get a few gallons of water once on the ship. As Alexander talked about how they were going to eventually get to Paris, she couldn’t help but look around at all the people suspiciously, ‘Are these French people generally friendly, I mean, the revolution is going on, you can never be too careful, people are being burned at the stake you know… When Oliver was staying with Lord Byron, he said it was absolutely terrible…’ he didn’t seem to be listening as they walked to their room. Once inside, it was smaller than anything she was used to, but perfectly clean and habitable, only for a night or two however, she stared at the one bed in there ‘Did you not ask for separate rooms?’ she raised an eyebrow looking at him, and for some reason being drawn to his left pocket, she stared at it intently for a moment before looking up to him with a smile ‘Well, thank you anyway… I assume there is a dining area? I am terribly thirsty… perhaps I should go there now after I have changed.’ She smiled again ‘yes on deck, I will see you soon.’ When he was gone, she walked over to her leather trunks, opening one and sighing at the dresses she had in there, she only wished that she wasn’t born a woman, that she could go about saying what she wanted and doing what she wanted, but most of all, looking how she wanted. She often thought to herself that she would make a dashing man, if not a little scrawny. She changed, looking to herself in the mirror afterwards and nearly dying of shock ‘Where is my necklace…?’ she rummaged around in her other clothes that she might have fund the clasp to come loose when she changed, but it wasn’t there. Suddenly she was stricken with panic, frantically searching the halls where she walked and the cabin itself. Finally, she came up onto the deck spotting Alexander almost immediately and crossing to him with a face equal to thunder ‘Where is my necklace Alexander?’ she demanded, her eyes being drawn to his pocket again, flickering down to look at it and then back up to his dark eyes. ‘In the carriage? It cannot have done so, that is impossible… I need it Alexander… No you don’t understand… Listen to me! I do not want another one, I want my one…’ she sat down, feeling a little tired once again, reaching for her handkerchief as she began to violently cough. Calming down again, she wrapped the cotton cloth back up again as to not show the blood that was there, she continued to tell herself that she wasn’t ill and that she was perfectly healthy. She stood up after a moment, tears springing to her eyes ‘If you will excuse me, I am in desperate need of a drink.’ She turned on her heels and promptly walked away from him back to the dining hall, ordering both a glass of wine and a pint of larger, to make it look like she was not ordering just for herself, getting back to a table, she sat alone, drinking the larger with intense concentration.

It had been only a moment before she looked up to see Alexander. ‘Yes I should be drinking this, not that what I drink is any of your business.’ She snapped, catching herself afterwards and apologising, handing him the glass of wine. She took another drink from the large glass ‘I fear I am just on edge from being away from England. I have never been outside of England before, the only reason I suppose Papa is letting me go with you is because Oliver and his wife are in Lyon visiting her family… I know Lyon is far from Paris but, well, there is still a security that he is in the same country at least… He does business in other countries so very often, people often specifically ask for his expertise.’ She took another drink, the alcohol not seeming to affect her much. ‘It has been a long day, I believe I saw a star when out on deck with you earlier, it must be getting dark.’ She finished off her drink, swapping the empty glasses over to make it look like she had been drinking the wine. ‘Perhaps I should retire… I need to sleep.’ She stood, smiling down to her fiancée, ‘I should treat you better…’ she lifted a hand to rest it on his cheek, pausing it there before removing it again and leaving towards their room.

Once there, Antonia undressed into her night dress and proceeded to brush out her hair, it was not often loose, it hanging long to around her mid-back, she loved brushing her hair, it being so soft afterward. She looked at herself in the mirror, her skin so pale now, where it had always been pale it was unmistakably so now, not a warm exotic colour hike her sisters, her blonde hair even looked lighter, after another moment or two she stood, going to lay in the bed, facing the wall. She heard him come in some time later, rustling about for a moment before becoming still; it must have been another half hour before she turned over to see where he was. He was asleep in an armchair, she smiled for a moment, looking at him so quiet, that moment was soon gone however, when she slipped her legs out from the covers and stood her footsteps light on the thin carpet. She crept over to the small wardrobe where she assumed he had hung his jacket, not wanting it to be creased or torn. She soon found it, even in the dark, feeling around the inside pocket, her hand clasping something that she already knew was in there. The metal should have been cold, but it was warm, very warm, like it had been in a stove for a few minutes. She pulled it out, the ruby seeming to glow in the darkness, she clasped it around her neck again, and felt a wave of relief and clam run through her, she couldn’t help but wonder why he had tried to take it from her. She concluded in the end that he must have forgotten it was in there, taking it when it fell from her in the carriage. She was about to get back into the bed again, when she turned to look at him, it seemed as if he were still sleeping, but it can’t have been very warm, walking over to him, knowing that it would probably wake him up, she climbed into the chair with him, sitting curled on him with her arm around his neck and the other on his arm. He, of course, opened his eyes with the smallest inkling of movement, she smiled at him, pressing a finger to his mouth to stem the flow of words that was obviously inevitable from him. She then replaced her finger with a kiss, holding his cold face with her equally cold hand, her other hand playing with the buttons of his shirt.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:08 am

Alexander was in need of sleep, one way to ward off the need to feed was to sleep it off, but then that would only work for a day or two. Alexander had been hit with the realisation when Antonia left the deck that he was going to have to find a way of feeding whilst Antonia was around or at least make sure that he was able to whilst she slept. Looking out at the ocean he noticed from the corner of his eye the same sad looking woman, she never really looked up to her husband when he spoke and her children just ran around their feet without her so much as a smile Alexander at first thought that perhaps it was a forced marriage and she was sad about that but once her husband had gone below deck with the two boys she didn’t pick up in the slightest, instead she went to the side of the boat and looked over the edge at the water rushing against the sides of the boat, still in despair. But he couldn’t watch for much longer, as the crowds began to retire to their cabins Alexander realised what was about to unfold. He was torn whether he should stop the young lady but before he could really decide she had fallen overboard and had gone underneath the boat into the darkness of the English Channel. Alexander shook his head. “What a waste.” Only fully realising that he could have benefited form her death if he had instigated it himself. He returned below deck to his cabin to see that Antonia was already fast asleep, looking extremely frail, not at all how she had been when they had first met, it saddened him a little that he was most likely the cause of this. He felt her necklace in his jacket pocket as he hung it in the out of date wardrobe, only hoping that he could keep it away from her long enough for Antonia to recover a little. He closed the doors gently, not waking her and settled in the arm chair just below the circular window of their cabin. Removing his cravat and undoing the top button of his shirt Alexander looked over to Antonia briefly, even in her frailty she was beautiful.

His needed sleep was sharply disturbed by Antonia’s touch; she was still warm from being in bed. With her finger on his lip Alexander watched Antonia carefully as she undid his shirt buttons; also being too aware that she had found her necklace, next time he would keep it on his person. The chill of the room quickly cooled Antonia’s hand as it ran the side of his face. His shirt was open, the cool breeze across his chest making him alert. “Antonia…” He whispered with a smile, leaning into the nape of her neck and kissing it delicately, he could feel the warmth of her blood coursing just beneath his lips; closing his eyes Alexander pressed a hand against the small of her back and smiled into her throat. “You’re sly…” He continued to whisper. “But you need your rest if you want to be on your toes.” A little of his lowly London accent seeped through as he swept Antonia into his arms and carried her back into her bed. He stood over Antonia and caressed her cheek. “I love you.”
The morning wasn’t far off and within the hour they were going to be in France, all that was left was to catch a train into Paris and check into their hotel. Once the pair was dressed he took their suitcases and accompanied Antonia off of the boat into another carriage that seemed to be waiting for them. “It helps to know people here and there; I’ve been all over the place.” They were dropped at the train station where it was a small wait before betting their own booth in first class. “I’m getting a drink, wait here a moment,” Alexander had a member of staff bring down two glasses of water and some grapes and strawberries for Antonia. “You need to eat something.” Alexander looked more at the necklace than at Antonia. “Please, we won’t be in Paris for a few hours and I don’t want you to go hungry.” He pushed the silver plate closer to Antonia, drinking his water; he decided that he was going to have to keep up a more human routine for Antonia’s sake.

Alexander was trying to keep his temper under wraps but her refusal to even take a sip of water was enough to try his patience, the rest of the train journey was unusually quiet. He knew exactly how she felt, there is no impulse to eat or drink anything and it is hard to overcome at first, Alexander found it especially hard. But she was going to draw attention to herself, a couple of waiting staff looking at the pair oddly as he almost tried to force feed her but soon gave up. He wouldn’t be able to wait until she got hungry because she wouldn’t until he could get the necklace. “I need some air.” Alexander said abruptly standing; his stomach muscles twitching from his hunger. Her removed his coat and tie and walked out of their booth towards the lower class carriages and to his surprise and luck there was a lone female traveller, or who he assumed to be alone. With the charm of a smile Alexander convinced the woman to follow him to the back of the train, insisting on a fantastic view of the countryside but once he had closed the door Alexander wasted no time in thrusting the woman up against the metal exterior of the train and almost ripping through her throat in order to feed. Even in his frenzy only a few spots of blood fell on his shoulder. He didn’t even drain the poor lady dry, instead pushing her over the rail’s edge onto the tracks. Alexander quickly wiped his mouth and with a new wave of relief headed back to the first class booths. He found Antonia again and with a exasperated sigh fell back into his seat. “Some lad fell into me, bleeding from the nose, there was an awful lot of commotion coming from the back of the second class carriage, I didn’t make it to get any air.” But pulling the jacket back onto his shoulders her leant back over the small table between them. “You are looking lovely, I can promise that you will love Paris, absolutely love it.” There was hardly need for the pair to take a carriage to their hotel, only being around the corner but as they pulled up outside the prestige and history of the building was blatant. “What do you think of the room?” Alexander opened their door to a large welcome room with had a door on either end, both being a separate bedroom with ensuite bath. “A staff- servant has run you a bath, if you like I could show you some of Paris after?” He set the suitcases down and held her hand. He couldn’t help but notice how her bones were so prominent. “In fact I will take you shopping and to a new craze, it is a called a restaurant.” Alexander smiled and kissed Antonia on the cheek “You’ll see when I show you, it’s quite the experience.”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 am

It was dark, but Antonia could still see pretty well, she smiled, running her hands through his long black hair, smiling as she felt his breath on her neck, a deep laugh escaping her as he called her sly, however, the smile fell from her when he scooped her up into his arms. He was surprisingly strong, then again, she was surprisingly light, she pouted like a spoilt child when he put her back in bed, he looked amused by this and could only reply with “I love you.” before going back to sleep on his chair, she thought to herself that it was ridiculous for such a man as him to be sleeping in a chair, and made a mental note to refuse offer of the only bed from then on. She got to sleep some time later, but she had trouble, for some reason.

Waking up in the morning, Antonia quickly dressed in one of her best white dresses with emerald green ribbons and a red cloak. There was a carriage already waiting for them in France, impressed, she smiled at him, which gave him immediate opportunity to boast about the people he knew. Since meeting him, she had not once thought about the incredible amount of money he must have had, but seeing the carriage must have clicked something in her mind, she was engaged to the wealthiest bachelor in Rochester. After a little while, they arrived in their train cabin, it was first class and very comfortable, not to mention beautiful. Being on a train was exiting for Antonia and she couldn’t wait to explore the various train carriages and to watch the French countryside roll past out the window. However, Alexander had a different idea. “You need to eat something.” she looked up from the ring on her finger to see him holding a silver plate filled with strawberries and grapes as well as a large decanter of water. ‘No thank you.’ She smiled, turning to look out the window. “Please, we won’t be in Paris for a few hours and I don’t want you to go hungry.” she shook her head, she was hungry, but not for fruit and water, she couldn’t quite pin her finger on what she wanted.

He was certainly persistent, and she was getting tired of it. ‘Alexander, please. I’m not going to tell you again, I’ve eaten a blasted strawberry to silence you; I will not drink any of this lousy water.’ He still held it out for her, as if he were expecting her to drink it out of obligation, she didn’t know what she was thinking, but she took the glass off of him, and slowly emptied it over his shoes. He looked at her in silence for a moment, looking as if he were fit to burst with anger, but she was the most stubborn person born, and wouldn’t be deterred easily. After what seemed like an age, he left, claiming to need some air. She watched him go, a sad look in her eyes that didn’t reach her face, however when she was alone, she quickly broke down. ‘What’s going on with me…?’ she whimpered, her head in her hands as tears welled up in her eyes, she had a headache and her eyes were sore from the bright light of the French day. Composing herself after a few minutes, she played with the hem of her sleeves, splitting the concentration with occasional sniffs and whimpers. Sometime later, she heard the door slide open and shut again with a click. She could smell something as soon as he entered the room which caught her attention; she looked up to him with her brown watery eyes, scanning his person, her eyes rested on a spot of blood on his collar, he must have noticed because he then gave her an image of what was happening in the lower carriages. She drew her eyes away from it; instead looking down to her hands in her lap when he complimented her, like he had forgotten the whole incident. She felt terrible, like she wasn’t worthy to look at him. ‘Yes Paris. My brother’s wife tells me it’s wonderful.’ Her voice was quiet again, perhaps the most ladylike she’d ever been.

The trip to the hotel didn’t take long; it was only around the corner from the station. Everything was so clean and cosmopolitan, nothing like the streets of London which always had a hint of shady dealings. At him opening the doors of the large room, she was shocked at how beautiful it was, the large bay window opened up onto a long balcony, the room was filled with ornately carved mirrors and tables and furniture all gold leaved and beautiful and there were large vases filled with the most amazing and exotic flowers she’d ever seen. She caught her breath for a moment, her hand over her chest. ‘Oh I…’ he didn’t give her time to reply as he mentioned her bath. ‘Thank you.’ She muttered, turning to leave, he caught her hand however ‘you do not have to take me shopping,’ she smiled weakly ‘but yes, these… restaurant’s… did you say? Well, they certainly sound interesting… I will take my bath now.’ She left from him feeling tired, walking into her separate bedroom, she was amazed at how beautiful the whole place was. There was a balcony out her window too which she planned on seeing later. There were a couple of maids waiting for her, which she greeted in their language before letting them get on with their duties of helping her out of her corset and watching and brushing her hair for her. She sat in the bath for a long time, her necklace lying on the dressing table a little way away from her. She found herself extremely tired, the maids even having to shake her when she fell asleep in the water. Needing help getting out from the bath, she called for some strong drink and some bread and butter, but when the plate came for her, the breads were very unusual and more buttery themselves, rolled into foreign shapes. She ate them nonetheless, dressing again for going out with her fiancée. She sent her necklace with the maids to the jewellers; it needed a polish before she wore it to meet any of Alexander’s friends. She had herself strapped into one of her less bedraggled dresses; it was one Josiah bought her while he was away. She walked out of her room into the main drawing room of the hotel room. He looked breath taking as usual, she felt underdressed as usual, all the French women were beautiful, but definitely thinner than the women in Britain, she thought it something as a small blessing, she didn’t stick as unbearably so as she did back home. ‘I… I do not know what to…’ she sighed, playing with her naked collarbone. ‘Je suis tres desolee Alex… Je… je…’ she sighed, taking a ragged intake of breath as the tears came to her brown eyes ‘Je ne sais pas ce que je ... vous méritez beaucoup plus…’ she was so confused, and it really got to her. ‘Um… I… I’m sorry, I do not know…’ she lifted her shaking hands to her eyes, trying to wipe away the tears but they just kept on coming, she had to sit down, her hand over her face as her tiny frame shook.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:11 am

Alexander caught his fiancée carefully with a sympathetic smile. “Come now, you’re exhausted, perhaps you could do with a rest before we go out for the day?” He led Antonia to sit on the chaise lounge beside him. “Really we have all day to go about our business, come on.” He leant her head against his shoulder and closed his own eyes and took her hand. He didn’t stay still for long though. “I need some air.” He propelled himself from the chaise lounge; forgetting that he had Antonia resting upon him, there was air of frustration about Alexander but even he couldn’t decide really what he was frustrated about. Antonia’s fascination with the necklace was ultimately his fault, showing her about London and flashing money that wasn’t really his. She hardly looked fit to leave a death bed. Alexander opened the main balcony doors to look out over the city below, the river Seine not too far from view. He took a therapeutic breath and sighed, annoyed at himself for being so foolish Alexander leant over the balcony and could see no way out the predicament he was in; far from an outstanding member of society he equally couldn’t let Antonia continue wearing what was essentially turning her into him. His life wasn’t a dream, it was a nightmare but at least he had eternal life and youth, Antonia was slowly ridding herself of that as well. Perhaps someone this evening will have any information… He’d have to make sure that she was wearing the necklace when they visited his friends later that evening.

Alexander stood out on the balcony in the sun for a while, giving Antonia time to rest and for himself to become composed. It was always nice to feel the sun’s warmth, and thanks to ‘satiating his appetite’ whilst on the night train, he was able to enjoy the sun without much of a worry for himself. An hour or two of thought passed when he returned inside and smiled to Antonia “Are you feeling better at all? I think a long walk will do us the world of good.” He offered Antonia his arm and led her out of the hotel room, a few hand-servants closing the doors behind them. “I wonder how William is getting along all on his own,” Alexander’s aloud thoughts made him smirk “He has never been much of Paris, or France for that matter… but he isn’t one for architecture or literature…or art… or most things.” Even as the middle of autumn was slipping away there was still a clear sky unlike the overcast of England. “Well I wonder what we can find over here.” Alexander pointed of course to a long winding road full of the well to do walking to and fro, one of the many streets that Paris had to offer. He was sure that it wouldn’t take long for him to find something for her. The first few shops didn’t live up to Paris’ romantic expectations, the material cheap and the seamstresses less than trustworthy but as the pair ventured through the streets Alexander found a large dressmakers that he had forgotten to tell Antonia about. The shop was brightly lit with the new invention of miniature gas lights and full from the floor to the roof with dresses of exotic material and styles at the cutting edge of European fashion. He let go of her arm as they entered as if to say ‘pick what you like’ there were other young women with their mothers or their husbands looking around or taking to one of the seamstresses and their assistants but Alexander stood near the front of the shop talking to one French woman who seemed to be the main owner of the place. Alexander’s French wasn’t perfect, but the woman could understand him and was delighted at his effort. “Your, wife? She has such a lovely figure…” The woman spoke briefly in English for him; Alexander nodded and smiled, though her slight frame only reminded him what was going wrong. He decided to find Antonia, “Have you found anything to your liking? It will all be sent back to the hotel for later of”

After looking through several streets Alexander remembered that he had promised Antonia that they were going to a restaurant and remembered where this new phenomena was. They walked into a small courtyard and across the way was the rather open looking shop, but instead of clothes or books there was an array of tables inside, about seven or eight, most were full. Alexander had them sit next to the window and once inside and sat they were handed a small French menu. Alexander grinned widely; this was one of the thrills in his life to experience new things, it was all odd and he didn’t quite understand why people would want to eat in such a communal setting but it seemed to work. “How do you like this?” It was obvious by Alexander’s tone of voice that he was happily intrigued “It is certainly revolutionary; well that is the French way.” His only worry was where Antonia would eat anything on offer; remembering what happened on the train he wasn’t going to force her, only say “We are visiting a few of my friends and I wouldn’t want you to feel weak or faint later.” He tried to sound supportive but his worry for her consumed the message.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 am

Antonia quickly wiped away her tears upon the prospect of shopping. She had heard that the French were on the cutting edge of fashion, and that they had much smaller sizes than that in England. However, on the few shops that they went in early in the day, she could see the visibly poor quality of the dresses. She seemed to become snootier and snootier in every shop they entered which finally ended in them walking into a very up end establishment and Antonia dismissing one of the assistants to inspect the seams and pull on the stitching herself. Alexander seemed to find this highly amusing as he stood and talked to one of the women in the window. Finding something she was happy with, she clicked her fingers in the air, speaking in fantastic French ‘Couturière. Ici. dépêchez-vous vite!’ the woman in the window turned and almost ran over to her. She turned to the dress and held it up to her face. ‘Suis-je trop pâle pour cette couleur?’ she asked. The woman took a little step back ‘Ben… Non.’ Antonia nodded, feeling the fabric once more. ‘Je suis…’ She glanced over to Alexander to make sure he wasn’t listening, beckoning her closer ‘il est ma fiancée…’ The woman opened her eyes a little wider, putting a hand over her mouth to conceal her smile. ‘Ah! Excusez-moi! Auparavant, je suppose que vous étiez son épouse... mais il ne m'a pas correcte? Quand le jour heureux?’ Antonia smiled, glancing at him again. ‘We have not set a date. However we shall be meeting his close friends this evening If you alter this dress to my dimensions, and to my specific instructions, I may ask for your custom again for my wedding.’ The woman didn’t have very good English, but seemed to understand the bare essentials of what she was saying. ‘Ah merci Madame!’ Antonia made a detailed sketch of exactly what she wanted, the woman wasn’t so sure, but accepted it when she heard of the money that was to be paid for it. “Have you found anything to your liking? It will all be sent back to the hotel for later on” the women turned on hearing his silken voice. ‘Yes Mr Granville. Are we to sample this restaurant now?’

Walking into the eating establishment, she was quite frankly bemused by the whole idea of eating together but not socializing with one another, however she felt a little sickly with the smells of the cooked meats and breads. They sat at a beautifully dressed small table at the window and looked at the menu, she smirked, watching him over the top of hers, his small frowns indicated that his French wasn’t exactly perfect. ‘How do I like this? Well it… it’s definitely French…’ “It is certainly revolutionary; well that is the French way.” she smiled, eyes flickering down to the menu once more as he implored her to eat something. She looked up to him once more, seeing the concern in his eyes made her sad, however by the time the waitor came over, she had decided. ‘Un steak s'il vous plaît, mais ne pas le faire cuire ... laisser ... nepas rares, première! Merci!’ She wanted some alcohol but would wait until the evening when she would probably need it for her nerves. When her food arrived, it was notably small, it was more of a slither than a steak, however she looked at it with eagerness, it was placed in a pool of blood that was seeping from the raw meat. It had been warmed which she was a little glad for. She tucked into it, the warm red liquid dripping down her mouth. It was the most delicious thing she had ever tasted, but she couldn’t help but see Alexander’s disapproving eye. ‘I am not married to you yet…’ she said through half masticated cow, ‘I shall eat what I like.’ She smiled a little at her old outspoken self. They didn’t take long to finish their small portions and get back to the hotel, it had been a long day, but it was only the afternoon and she had to get ready for the evening. She stood at the door of her room and faced him. ‘I fear it shall take me long to get ready…’ his question about her necklace perplexed her. ‘It is at the jewellers… of course I am wearing it for tonight…’ she looked him in the eye before standing with her body pressed against him. ‘The… the seamstress will be here soon… no doubt you should be getting dressed.’ She looked into his dark eyes and smiled, taking his face into her hand and kissing him softly, from behind her was a small cough. She jumped apart from the fiancée and looked to the amused seamstress. ‘Excuze-Moi.’ She coughed. ‘Yes well… see you tonight. Come along.’ She beckoned the woman into her room with her.

It did take all evening for her to be ready. Her hair was in loose blonde curls about her shoulders, her delicate neck laced in her precious diamonds and rubies, her skin was unnaturally pale for her, however she didn’t complain, it was all the fashion in England. ‘I have finished Madame.’ Antonia turned to look at herself in the floor length mirror and gasped. ‘Is it to your liking?’ The dress was originally white, designed for a wedding, but she had it dyed to the deepest of blacks, the back scooped down, exposing her skin and balancing with the delicate Chantilly lace and glass beading that decorated the hems. It floated in the air, making her look like an apparition rather than Antonia, third child of the Curnrow family from Rochester. She smiled. ‘Wonderful, Fantastique. If he likes it, you shall be hearing from me again.’ The woman smiled, gathered her things and left the room with words of luck and encouragement. Unfortunately, it wasn’t helping Antonia much; she wanted a drink to help her shakes, so, lightly padded over to the ornate golden cabinet filled with crystal cut decanter’s topped with all manner of strong drink. She pulled out the one she knew only too well that contained whisky. Pouring the single malt for herself, she picked up the glass with her shaking fingers and downed it in one, grimacing at the strong taste as soon as it hit her throat. After giving herself a small pep-talk, she closed the door to her room, her cloak draped over her arm, she descended the stairs to the lobby where William and Alexander were waiting. Unfortunately, William was the first to notice her entrance; fortunately, he was lost for words at the sight of her. She smirked a little. ‘Good evening William. Alexander.’ She could only hope that his friends wouldn’t eat her alive. She was only a little English girl after all.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:31 am

After the excitement of the restaurant Alexander retired to his wing of the hotel apartment when he could hear a noise from within the bathroom, a little concerned he walked in with caution but what he saw didn’t surprise him in the slightest. “Now here was me thinking that you didn’t like French cuisine…” Alexander sighed; William was half naked in the deep bath covered in the blood of a pretty looking maid that had no doubt duped into believing he was meant to be there. “Oh Alex but I couldn’t miss meeting with a few old friends, I changed my mind yesterday after you left. I can bear the French for a little while, wouldn’t you say?” He didn’t quite know how to react so rolled his eyes and accepted the fact he had come along for the ride. “You get your own room though; you aren’t sleeping in here with me… or with Antonia.” William laughed and disposed of the body before running the bath to clean himself up. Alexander didn’t feel the need to take a bath himself; instead he brushed his hair enough times for It to resemble raven silk. His clothes were fashionable for a change, not that he noticed. It didn’t take either of the men a while to dress, they sat I the joining drawing room for a while and spoke about matter back in England. Antonia was taking longer than Alexander had expected so decided to go down to the foyer in order to secure their carriage; he had patience though, Alexander was sure the wait would be worth his time.

Alexander had his back to the main staircase as they spoke, wondering when they were next to meet with some of the other English ‘nobility’ and discuss further ‘democratic arrangements’. He slowly stopped speaking as William grinned and cooed. “Bonjour mademoiselle… haven’t we been shopping…I say…” With a flick of his blonde hair William nodded and walked out of the hotel towards the carriage. Alexander turned around, feeling a little guilty for not being the first to pay Antonia a compliment. “You look…simply marvellous.” He offered Antonia his arm and led her out to the carriage; many eyes were drawn to the pair as they entered the cool Parisian air but Alexander kept his eyes solely on his fiancée. “I’m sorry for the sudden appearance of William; I didn’t imagine he would follow us.” He assumed that it would be a comfort for Antonia to have one more familiar face in a room of less than inviting strangers. The carriage ride wasn’t a long one; the door they stopped outside of was a tall townhouse, far grander than the meeting they had visited in London. William was recognised instantly who led the pair into the home of Michael Anderosé. It was strikingly vibrant for such a normally sombre affair but he went along with his instinct. There were more humans about than he had anticipated as well, but this, he assumed would allow him to leave Antonia for brief amounts of time without the fear of her being assumed as a carrier; almost a walking meal, a human that could be fed upon multiple times providing you didn’t drain them dry…

Alexander introduced Antonia as his Fiancée with to several women caused excitement and chatter but as Alexander was introduced to the owner of the household he gave Antonia a rather chilling yet knowing look, he had caught sight of the necklace. “Say, Mr, Granville, would you care to join me? I can assure you your fiancée will be well cared for by my nieces and their friends whilst you are absent,” He kissed Antonia’s hand and lead Alexander into a different room. “I tell you, I haven’t seen that necklace in nearly over a century, how did you come about it Alex? It’s most unlike you to dabble in these sorts of affairs, dark magic and the occult.” “Aren’t we ourselves supernatural and occult? We exceed nature’s expectations and confinements…” “Yes but what she is doing to herself in there, it something that cannot be reversed; not now… it may be too late for that.” Alexander didn’t understand. “What do you mean?” He wondered how she was out there, with god knows who… perhaps William would keep an eye on her.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:00 am

Walking into the large looming house, a vision of the gothic herself, she almost felt a little intimidated, she would have felt more so had she not had a few glasses of wine in the carriage. She regained her composure however as she was introduced to the room full of people as Alexander’s fiancée. The women looked at her in envy, hatred or delight. Whichever one it was she revelled in it. Alexander was soon whisked away by an older, hostile looking gentleman, leaving her with the nieces and friends. Soon, a whole host of questions erupted from the women as they surrounded her. She perched herself delicately on the arm of a green velvet armchair, smiling ‘how can I begin to start to answer any of your questions? Please, one at a time!’ the women giggled together ‘son accent est si mignon! What is your name miss…?’ She looked to the girl who was speaking, a plain looking female, of average height. ‘Antonia Anne Curnrow.’ ‘Can we see the ring?’ Antonia held out her hand which was immediately seized ‘It’s beautiful!’ ‘It’s huge! Does it not weight down your hand?’ ‘Of course it does not Lilly, what a silly question. May I try it on?’ ‘Now there is a silly question!’ ‘How did he propose?’ Antonia blushed thinking about that night, hurriedly thinking of another answer ‘officially he proposed at a meal with my family.’ ‘And unofficially?’ ‘Shall we skip that question?’ They all giggled, seeing the blush on her face. ‘Where did you meet Mr Granville?’ ‘At a ball, I was the only female attention he received that night.’ The girls gasped ‘oh surely not? Mr Granville is one of the most handsome men we know is he not Rowena?’ everyone’s eyes were averted to the other side of the room, where a tall, elegant creature was lounged, with a glass of red in her long fingers. She took a sip of her drink, not looking at the group, instead keeping them waiting for her answer. ‘Handsome? Yes…’ she breathed, still not looking at them ‘However, he always was a poor judge of character.’ The girls stopped in the tension as Antonia stood. ‘And, what is that supposed to mean?’ The woman’s smug smile told her exactly what it was supposed to mean.

‘Ignore her, my darling. She is a jealous creature who can no longer remember the joy of polite conversation.’ Antonia turned to the door where a somewhat familiar man was stood. ‘Tell me you remember? From London?’ suddenly she remembered ‘Yes of course! Doran wasn’t it?’ her advancing was only prolonged by the swift interruption of the older woman ‘You shall address him as Lord Lauwrathy if you do not wish to be publicly disembowelled!’ her tone was harsher than Antonia expected. ‘Rowena please, she could address me as your highness and it would not make the slightest bit of difference.’ Antonia looked from the two parties, their intense staring making her feel like she was already forgotten. After a moment, he looked to her again, crossing the room with his arms open. Upon reaching her, he placed a hand on either side of her arms, kissing her cheeks in greeting. ‘Won’t you sit?’ They were soon joined by his friends who sat in a circle around them in the various other chairs. Rowena stood when she finally decided she was not wanted, exiting the room to another place. ‘I hope you will not dwell on the hostile countenance of my wife, I fear she is threatened by your outstanding beauty. Antonia was stunned ‘You mean she is your… you and her…?’ another man laughed ‘Yes, Lady Lauwrathy didn’t strike me as a perfect match for Doran when I first met her, however they have since blossomed as a couple… even if it does not seem so publicly.’ Antonia smiled at the man, he was quite young, and his short hair was slicked back giving him a look of eastern European descent. ‘Forgive me; with Doran already telling me so much about you, I almost forgot to introduce myself. I am Tybolt Romanio of Italy.’ She held out her hand and he kissed it ‘A pleasure’ she giggled. ‘Tybolt? As in the Machiavellian from…’ ‘Romeo and Juliet yes. A curse!’ the room smiled.

‘So His Earlship has finally managed to turn you to our lowly existence?’ she looked at Doran with a blank expression ‘What I mean is, you are one of us now.’ Antonia smiled, happy to be welcomed into Alexander’s circle of friends. ‘Yes, yes you could say that.’ ‘You are right Lauwrathy, she certainly is charming.’ Tybolt, who struck Antonia as more of a simpleton than a machiavellian, was no less charming as his warm smiled welcomed her into the room, making her feel at home. ‘Tell me, what ended the evening of you being whisked away from me so rudely in London?’ Antonia thought back to the evening. ‘Well, Mr Granville did not think kindly of your advances shall we say Dorian.’ He laughed loudly ‘Well! If you ask me he does not appreciate you nearly as much as he should. If you were my woman…’ he breathed, only to her ‘I would appreciate you every single day.’ She smiled awkwardly, shuffling a little away from him ‘I do not think Mr Lauwrathy, your appreciation would not be shared with your wife’ ‘Fair play.’ Tybolt exclaimed with a chuckle. ‘And tell us, what became of your trouble with Loretta?’ Antonia froze up at the sound of her name. ‘Ah, she does the exact same when you are mentioned. She returned in quite a state that night. I hope you care to explain to us why?’ She smiled thinking that she was in some kind of discomfort due to her. ‘Well, she followed me but of course, at that time I couldn’t hear her pursuit until she spooked my horse and I was inches from her bared fangs, hissing like an impatient tom cat.’ ‘The girl has gall I’ll give ther that!’ Tybolt exclaimed upon hearing her insults. ‘And how did you manage to escape?’ Antonia smiled to cover the fear of remembering the night ‘A magician never reveals her secrets.’ The men groaned but were soon silenced by a droll looking maid offering drinks. ‘And for you miss?’ She looked at her ‘Just give me a glass of what Mr Romanio is drinking.’ She poured the dark wine from the decanted into her glass and left. Slurring the drink, Antonia brought the glass to her nose, smelling the liquid. ‘This has a strange scent.’ She professed. ‘No doubt it is very different from what you have had in England.’ An older man spoke from across the room. ‘Yes Miss Curnrow, I brought it from Persia my home land. Do tell me how you enjoy it.’ Dorian smiled, leaning to whisper in Antonia’s ear. ‘Lord Amardad is what you would call a connoisseur of our favourite tipple. Collecting samples on his travels, but this, is Mr Romanio’s absolute favourite. I prefer the French personally.’ She smiled as all eyes were on her, she brought the glass to her lips, and tipped it back.

‘Miss Curnrow!’ the loud voice of William scared her so much that she brought the drink away from her mouth rapidly. ‘Oh, Mr Bennett, you startled me, I did not hear you come in.’ He strode across the room with frightening purpose and relieved her from her glass. ‘What do you think you are doing sir?!’ she exclaimed, standing when he took a sip. ‘Just as I thought.’ He muttered ‘You cannot have this Antonia, it is strictly forbidden by Mr Granville.’ Dorian stood beside Antonia, apparently backing up her bemusement. ‘Why ever not William?’ ‘Yes why not?’ Echoed the Italian, putting William on the spot. ‘Do you want to kill her?!’ he exclaimed Doran laughed ‘How quaint. That poor excuse may have worked in London, but not now she is one of us.’ Antonia was flattered by her old acquaintance as he indicated that he would let no harm come to her while she was accepted by Alexander’s friends. She couldn’t help but wonder however why William was acting so strangely, and if it were Alexander’s orders, why he had forbidden her from drinking so. ‘Well if you must know…’ The blonde man stuttered ‘She is but yet young. And this…’ he thrust the glass in Dorian’s face defiantly ‘is not diluted. She will not be able to handle it.’ Antonia rolled her eyes as the other men seemed to accept his explanation. ‘I have had strong drink before William, please just…’ he interrupted her ‘not this strong. Let me get you some of the French. It will be much better suited to your delicate palate.’ He looked around the room ‘And let us find some new company while we are at it, where you can indulge in intelligent conversation.’ Dorian glared at the older, more distinguished man with a look that would curdle milk, not that Antonia noticed as she glided from the room on the arm of her fiancée’s confidant. He walked her into the grand room where Alexander was conversing with the frightening old man. They stopped abruptly upon seeing her. ‘I caught this one about to try the Persian. Here.’ He thrust another glass into her hand; she drank it, the wine tasting unremarkable. ‘Please William, you are a bore.’ She muttered, walking to be with Alexander.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Alexander needed a moment to sit down and collect his thoughts, “You mean?” Alexander had an inextricable sense of guilt fall upon him and weigh him into his seat. “I’m afraid so Mr. Granville, I would not be surprised if she will not survive until the coming spring. That amulet has made her body very weak, but remember that though she may think she has the ability of the undead to surpass the extreme, she has gotten very frail and when she comes to remove the amulet even for a moment, the cold or her famine may get to her immediately.” Alexander took a deep breath and stood. “Come now my good man…” The elder said with little look of sympathy in his expression, “You cannot tell me in all honesty that you didn’t intend to turn her yourself?” Alexander looked downcast. “Sir, you do but understand very little of my arrangements, she does not yet know what I am, truly, that I am.” The elder nodded slowly, not sure how to react to what he had just said. “You must tell her, before you are married; my young Alexander you cannot subscribe to the cruelty of our kind, if you leave her to discover your nature after your wedding night it is quite the abduction on your behalf.” Alexander didn’t like what he was hearing, the death of his beloved Antonia and the ultimatum of his existence and her love. However he didn’t have time to dwell on the matter any longer as William led Antonia into the room.

“Drinking Persian?” The elder man raised an eyebrow with a smile before quitting the room. “That’s rather… ambitious of you Antonia.” Alexander looked a little stressed and turned away, feeling her delicate touch. “I only said no to the stronger drink, as there are people here that do not have your best intentions in mind, and the strength of what you were offered was unlike what you have experienced…I apologise for the social faux pas, but it was quite necessary and the company we are with will think nothing of it I am sure.” He could hardly focus on what she was saying, looking down to his fiancée another wave of guilt crashed over him. What he had done is wrong, but he could hardly reveal anything now, if he did she would not be able to escape him, perhaps that was a good thing. Regardless he wasn’t going to put anymore into it now. William may know how to better deal with the situation. “Come, let’s rejoin the conversation.” Alexander smiled; she was the picture of perfection that evening. As they entered the main room and sat where Dorian and Tybolt had been, looking around the room the pair had moved on to introducing themselves to a few young ladies but Alexander was sure that they would return, Tybolt seemed harmless enough, but like his wife, Dorian appeared to be a little less than trustworthy; a look in his eye that was always searching for prey, but not just his next feed.

Everything quickly relaxed, Alexander keeping an eye on what Antonia was drinking but he himself had gone for a fine selection of Creole, reminding him of the time that he had visited New Orleans thirty years ago, it was one of the best ventures that he and William had gone on. Some of Armand’s nieces had flocked around Antonia again, asking her about wedding plans and what her dress was going to look like Alexander was going to have nothing to do with Antonia’s dress, he didn’t want to know what it was going to look like, a complete surprise for him, he was sure it would be wonderful, providing that her mother didn’t have complete control over its design. Alexander closed his eyes for a moment, he was at piece for a moment with Antonia by his side, but even this was to suddenly change. Two young men opened the doors from the servant’s quarters with such force that the doors nearly flew from their hinges and the men of the room stood violently. “What is the meaning of this?” Armand walked away from his current conversation. “Apologies, but we found this one, a hunter in the lower quarters, three maids are dead sir.” Next another two men dragged in the hunter, restraining him by his arms. Alexander couldn’t quite believe his own eyes as Antonia’s brother Oliver was stood before the room, she had told him that Oliver and his wife were in the south of France, but what was he doing here?

“Antonia!” Oliver cried out in shock at the sight of his sister in a room of the undead.

Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 am

Antonia soon felt comfortable again in the presence of her fiancée, however she couldn’t help but notice that he wasn’t quite himself. She didn’t say anything for now however, knowing that they would have time enough later to talk it over on their own. She was able to practice her French with some of the younger girls while they quizzed her about her wedding and their prospective invites. She had just began to make her way over to Alexander once more when the doors flung open, shouting and thrashing entering the room, causing outrage among the men and fear among most of the women, herself and Rowena were almost the only ones to still be standing their ground. They looked at each other, the latter quickly pulling her eyes away in disgust. “Apologies, but we found this one, a hunter in the lower quarters, three maids are dead sir.” Antonia was shocked upon the sound of the deaths, wondering what kind of a horrible person could be gracing their party. The man was thrown to the floor on his hands and knees; he wore a thick black coat over his broad shoulders which had been torn to reveal his dirt clod shirt. His hair was a dirty blond, flopping over his face, the back sticking to his neck for sweat. His nails were dirty and his hands covered in blood, but what was most scary, was when he looked up. His face angry, twisted and tired was soaked in the blood of the three he had murdered and his bright blue eyes contrasted the red as he stared Antonia right in the face. She gasped, recognizing him instantly. ‘Oliver?’ his shock seemed to be double that of hers. He stood, reaching his arms out for her, only to be kicked in the back, down to the floor again. Despite what he had prospectively done, he was still her brother, and she took a step forward when they attacked him. ‘What is the meaning of this?’ demanded the female she had confrontations with earlier. ‘Do you know this hunter?’ she hissed, her eyes narrowing. Antonia looked around the room, all eyes on her, she felt victimized and threatened. Tears welled in her eyes as she looked around to everyone, desperately searching for a kind face, but not finding one. ‘He’s my brother,’ she muttered, before repeating her words, dropping to her knees to be with him, cradling his face in her hands, he was badly bruised, and looking up at her in a mixture of confusion and bewilderment. A hiss of dissatisfaction arose in the room ‘You led him here, your brother, a hunter? You see Dorian! She jeopardises the whole of the clan, they must be destroyed.’ What Rowena said must have resonated with some of the people in the room, even if it didn’t make sense to her. ‘A… a hunter? Ollie, Ollie what are they…’ he was staring at her in the eyes, their faces not far apart, studying her ‘I told you to stay away from him Tonia… why didn’t you listen to me, my beautiful girl…’ she looked at him, confused ‘Wh…what are you talking about.. What…’ she stood, a new wave of anger reaching her ‘please will somebody tell me what is going on!?’ She turned to look at Alexander, he took a step towards her but was thwarted by the ever vigilant Oliver, who had suddenly regained an ounce of strength in order to keep the two of them apart. A flourish of action followed with various men clambering to grab him again, however a gruff laugh from the old man in the room caught everyone’s attention ‘Let the pretty hunter speak, he’s outnumbered, and besides, this might just be a little, pre-dinner show.’ Some of the older members of the congregation chuckled to themselves, inviting the youngsters to relax a little and watch the events unfold. ‘I told you to stay away from her, I warned you. You take her away, and then turn her, right under my nose. You’re scum.’ Antonia then felt the need to jump in ‘What is going on Oliver? Turned me into what?’ The room stopped, all on baited breath, Oliver looked to her, before back at him again, bemused. He let out a strangled cry ‘Ha! You… you are sick.’ He spat in realization of what was going on. ‘So what were you going to do, lure her into marrying you for your sick enjoyment then snap her neck and drain her of life?’ his violent and shocking words ripped through Antonia’s head, the bickering had escalated between her brother and her fiancée, words flying past her without making any sense. At the point where she thought she couldn’t take it any longer, her brother grabbed her by the arm ‘Ouch, Oliver let me…’ ‘Do you know what they are?’ she caught her breath, not able to answer ‘Well do you?’ shaking her head hurriedly ‘Those books you read, those books about, the supernatural, the sublime, they were all real, everything was true, no look at me, listen. Vampires? Dracula? They’re real; they suck life out of innocent human beings just to fuel their own miserable existences. He’s been lying to you, they all have…’ you could hear a pin drop in the room, everybody’s eyes were sutured to Antonia, waiting for her reaction. ‘What…’ she looked around, to see when they’d all start laughing, to see someone tell her it was a joke. ‘That… that’s ridiculous, I mean…Dorian? Tybolt? … William?’ nobody would meet her eyes. She turned around to the person who she wanted to hear from most, but didn’t want to hear from at all. Tears now streaming down her cheeks, ‘A…Alex? What is he talking about? I… it is a joke… right? I mean, you cannot… can you…?’ she walked to him, lifting her shaking hands to his cold skin, wishing, praying for a reaction, what she got wasn’t what she wanted. The cry that escaped from her lips was horrible, she couldn’t help thinking that there was no use in crying, he’d heard it all before, they all had. They were laughing at the stupid human girl who had fallen into the trap of the undead thespian. She couldn’t believe it was happening to her, her only chance of happiness, of love, fake, broken, a complete joke. ‘Here, here it is okay Tonia… come here…’ ‘GET OFF OF ME!’ she screamed, pushing her overbearing brother away. Before anything else could happen, the head of their clan began to clap loudly ‘Bravo. What a show, now, I think we have all had enough of this, circus act. And I for one, am starting to get a little peckish. Let her brother watch this, I have a feeling he’ll enjoy it. Kill the girl.’ The room span with the sound of leathery skin rubbing against each other in the scramble to attack Antonia. She closed her eyes as a new burst of noise scrambled into the room. Dropping to the floor she put her hands over her ears, trying to block out all the noise and sadness.
The attack didn’t come as a surprise to Oliver, he had been planning his attack for months, the maids were slim pickings but he had got rid of enough of them for somebody to take notice. The only thing that inconvenienced him, was his sister. His brain had almost timed out until the order to kill her snapped him back into action, drawing out his twin silver blades. He could take on at the most four at a time on his own without having to protect someone. Thankfully, just as things were getting heavy, through the doors came his comrades in arms, his fellow hunters. When the action was over, he looked around. A lot of them were killed, but most had got away. To his surprise however, one of them had got away with his sister.

The next thing Antonia knew, she was being carried out of the room kicking and screaming and when she opened her eyes next she was standing on the pier of a dock being held on her feet by the blonde haired William. ‘Get off me!’ she screamed ‘Leave me alone… please… I want… I want…’ ‘Who do you want?’ he snarled ‘Your brother? Alexander? Your family? Nobody wants you, okay? Nobody. So how about you just shut up, and play nice?’ Her cries turned to whimpers as his vice like grip clamped around the back of her neck. Alexander arrived back with them a few moments later; she couldn’t bring herself to even look at him. Her chest ached with the pain of losing everything, she wanted to die, to drown in the waters of the sea, but they wouldn’t let that happen, her blood was too precious for that. The boat arrived, and she was soon ferried on board and into their room, a room in which she and Alexander were set to share. Sitting down on the bed, her hair over her face, she refused to hear anything he said to her instead staying unimaginably still, flinching only when he came anywhere near her. The only time she even dared to breathe was when she heard the door shut behind him again. Standing up, she walked to the mirror, looking at her red eyes and her bedraggled hair. She hardly looked fit to wear such fine apparel. Slowly, she began to unhook it; finally it slipped to the floor. She looked at herself in the mirror, holding back the tears. Pulling her nightdress over her head, she was just about to unclip her necklace when a voice behind her made her jump. ‘I wouldn’t if I were you.’ She jumped away from the man, his voice no longer playful or light-hearted. ‘What do you want?’ she whispered, ‘That’s the only thing keeping you alive. Do you think I would put up with his silly fantasies if I could kill you?’ her grey eyes were wide as she watched him move about her ‘I do not…’ ‘Understand?’ he pushed her up against the wood panelled wall ‘You never do, you humans I mean.’ Her breath picked up as he touched her, running his hands against her skin. ‘Somehow, he still fancies himself marrying you…’ ‘No, no I…’ before she could say anymore, his hand was wrapped around her throat, lifting her slightly. ‘I didn’t ask your opinion… he relates to you, you see, he was human once too. I’d hate for him to be disappointed.’ He dropped her, her knees bucking under her sending her to the floor. The man turned on his heels and headed to the door. ‘I will not marry him. I cannot.’ Her sudden burst in confidence must have sparked something in the creature, as within a second he was close to her again. ‘I don’t think we quite understand each other Antonia. If you refuse, not only will I kill you, but I will murder each and every one of your family, until finally, you’re all alone. I’ll make them suffer, make their screams haunt you until you are begging for death.’

Left alone, Antonia couldn’t sleep; she was terrified for herself, but more than anything, terrified for her family. The thought of them being harmed by a creature like William was enough for her to endure anything, almost anything. What haunted her more than anything, was how he had tricked her, how she had actually fallen for his lies, she was just something relatable, something to play with, but most of all, food, a source of existence. Her one chance in life to be loved had vanished. It was late at night when she heard anybody come in again. She could tell it was him, just the way his weight was distributed on the floorboards told her so. She lay still, hoping to fool him into thinking she was asleep, it didn’t work. The sound of his voice was different in a way, cold and sterile, not like it used to be. She couldn’t bear to look at him still, but plucked up the courage to speak. ‘Have you… I mean… have you killed anyone?’ His answer chilled her, she had nothing else to say to him. She couldn’t bear to look at the man. The man she was going to marry.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 am

t a hand as Antonia fell to the floor by her brother, cradling him, but the outrage amongst his company pushed him back. He was angry at Oliver for tearing into their gathering but he couldn’t help but feel worse at himself, her eyes of confusion and fear were enough to break his heart, finally after several tries Alexander emerged at the front of the crowd, not being able to look at Antonia in the eye, this had all come too soon. He took a step towards his fiancée, wanting to take her away from this madness whilst he still could but Oliver jumped to his feet again, Alexander didn’t flinch, a flurry of men bundling Oliver to the ground again, he looked down at Oliver and was about to speak but was overtaken by their former host. ‘This might just be a little, pre-dinner show’ Alexander felt sick to his stomach for a moment, he enjoyed playing with his prey but not like this, not where someone he held so dear was being humiliated and ever put in danger. He looked back to his elders unsure of what to do but as Oliver spat hateful lies he turned back, his voice stern and unwavering “I did no such thing! How dare you even suggest such things in front of her!” Alexander looked around to his peers, subtle smiles of content as they watched on as if it were some work of fiction, he frowned as Oliver’s words became laced with venom, violent enough to have some of the younger female company feel repulsed and turn away, not wanting their delicate ears disrupted. ‘Those books you read, those books about, the supernatural, the sublime, they were all real, everything was true, no look at me, listen. Vampires? Dracula? They’re real; they suck life out of innocent human beings just to fuel their own miserable existences. He’s been lying to you, they all have…’ It had finally been said aloud and Alexander froze on the spot, there was no euphemism about the situation anymore, Oliver had outed him plainly and simply in front of his beautiful fiancée. Her tears as she came closer hurt him, he couldn’t look Antonia in the eye, her hands against his skin made him only want to look away and hide from the dreadful situation he had found himself in. “Antonia…” He breathed quietly, her cry making tears prick ever so painfully in his eyes. The next he remembered was the surge to Antonia and its disruption by the other hunters. All attention was taken away from Antonia briefly as what looked like a massacre broke out, it were as if she had vanished in the flurry of action, Alexander didn’t fight, he only needed to find Antonia, killing a hunter in the process of locating William, it was clear that the girl over his shoulder wash his fiancée and just as he had seen him William vanished. Alexander left as well with great speed but a hunter was waiting outside for him. “Leave!” Alexander bellowed, well aware he was in the street. He didn’t give the hunter a chance to run, the force Alexander exerted to the young lads neck crushed it before he could even reach for a knife. Dropping his limp and lifeless body to the floor, Alexander ran, this wasn’t what he cared about, he just needed to find them and take them away from Paris as soon as possible, there was a chance that the river docks would still be setting off in order to reach England in the morning and what was where he found William.

The boat was nothing like the one they had travelled to France on, this one lacked that heir of luxury, but it was the last thing on his mind, the whole façade of his bourgeois lifestyle was slowly beginning to fade away into nothingness. Without Antonia even being able to look at him he was sure that when they returned to England the arrangement would be called off and scandal would sweep through Rochester like an oil fire with such ferocity that he would have to resign his title as earl an go into hiding once again, perhaps even leave to the new world and settle. He would have been able to bear any worldly punishment if it meant that in the end he would be able to love Antonia. He followed her into their given room and suddenly the air became ice cold and still. The silence was so stifling itself that Alexander had to try and reason with her. “You cannot listen to your brother like that, that isn’t how things are, Antonia please, look at me?” He took a step closer to her and she flinched, like a wounded animal fearing it’s master, he looked to the floor and then walked back towards the door of the cabin and decided to stay above deck for a while and think about what was going on, it had all happened so fast even for him. One moment she had been so proud of him as her fiancé but now… he didn’t care to finish his thought at William joined him on deck. “You weren’t to know Alex.” William put an arm around his shoulder and leant his head. “But this could have all been avoided if I had just stayed in England with her, If I hadn’t have boasted to the other vampires that I Alexander could have the best of both worlds, the power unknown to man and the love unknown to the dead.” Alexander rested a hand against the rail, looking out to sea. “She won’t call off the arrangement Alex, I can promise you that, you will still be married, and she will love you again, in time. She is only human and is probably overwhelmed by the current circumstances, remember that she is far away from home without her family, something you or I have little care for, but before you that was all of her world. Once we return to Rochester I am certain that things will calm down, she will see you for what you truly are. A vampire with most human emotions, capable of love, generosity and so many positive things, unlike all of the others…” William never failed to cheer Alexander; it was the effect of a vampire’s maker. “Sadly William,” He half smiled “My affection for you is unrivalled.” William nodded and stood straight again, straightening Alexander’s coat “You should go to her, with you around perhaps she will see that you did not just want to toy with her, if you avoid her and abandon her now the hunter will have won over you. Go.” Alexander turned back to the lower levels of the deck, William’s words making sense.

“You have no reason to pretend Antonia.” He walked by her pretending to be sleeping, he would have left her to do so but he wanted to make it clear that he meant no harm to her, but the usual warmness had been wiped from his voice. “Yes.” He couldn’t say much more than that. If she had wanted the whole truth he had, in his cursed lifetime raped, murdered, tortured and toyed with his prey and victims, in the past with William he had killed purely for pleasure or out of boredom, deliberately leaving a string of murders only to read about them in the daily news the next morning. But what he couldn’t express to Antonia was that he had stopped so much of this upon meeting her and falling in love with her. He had only killed out of necessity and at the very latest time possible, he remember so clearly the time he had gone beyond being able to bear daylight in order to feel human for her. It was all he desperately wanted; some days he could despise William for what he had done to him. He looked to Antonia as everything went quiet, he could see from the pain in her eyes before that she had lost everything she held dear but what she failed to realise was that he was no longer the monstrous fictional character she now perceived him to be, he too had lost everything he held dear and was in fear of losing so much more. There were no seats or tables in the room for Alexander to rest upon; he wanted to lay by Antonia’s side. Instead Alexander leant against the wall opposite her and slid down to sit, his head hidden between his arms and legs, he wouldn’t sleep a wink that night.

It was before sunrise that they had reached England an instead of getting a carriage to Rochester, William thought it best that they book a private booth on a first class train, it being far quicker than mere horse power. The trains were quick coming through the station as they all passed through London, but they would stay on until Rochester and have a carriage drive Antonia home from there.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 am

It was early morning when she was woken up rudely by the cold hands of her travelling companions. For a moment, upon the brief time between sleep and full consciousness, she had almost forgotten everything that happened. When the recollection returned to her however, she wished she had never woken. She was rushed to get ready and be off the boat in time for the train back to Rochester. They sat in the state of the art, wooden polished and mirrored train booth with the red velvet seats. She was sat with Alexander, William sat opposite them. She stared out the window, not saying a word to anything and wearing her old, drab clothes bought for her a long time ago by her father as part of a statement of independence, not that she had that anymore. She played with the hems of her long sleeves until she heard the door slide open and shut again, at which point she found a very tight grip upon her throat. 'You listen to me.' William growled, pushing her up against the backrest painfully 'this silence is over, you will speak to him, make everything right again. I will not see his plans ruined by a hunter, no less your brother, who will be the first to die if you fail to comply with my demands.' The grip around her neck became impossibly tight, crushing even, before he pulled away, sitting back in his seat as composed as ever while she struggled, gasping for breath. 'Why should I... care...? My family...' she stared, regaining her attitude 'My brother I'm sure is counting the bodies of your friends as we speak. Why should I be afraid of you?' just as he was about to burst open with anger, Alexander joined them again, saving her bacon as it were. 'How old are you?' she asked, her voice surprisingly strong and brave to counter the large black bruises slowly appearing just above her necklace. 'I mean, because if you are the undead, then you must have been not dead for a while.' she snapped her head around to William. 'I will speak as loudly as I please, I am entitled to at least this.' she listened to his answer, trying hard to hide her surprise. 'Mmmm, yes, and what was the state of your birth? The rumors about your involvement with the untimely death of the original Earl being confirmed seeing as you are capable to lying to even me, not that I should think myself anything more than a food source.' She should have been terrified, but instead a sudden wave of strength coursed through her, as if the tabooed nature of the subject was thrilling. 'Well, I suppose my mother would be able to deal with me marrying a 175 year old, but an urchin?' she paused, her face glazing over in seriousness 'I am glad that you find this funny, as I was expecting to be married to a rich, young human, but instead it seems I am to be married to an aged, undead pauper.' she paused for breath in the silence that was somebody actually listening to her for a change, 'And what of my dreams? What of a dream wedding? What of children for god's sake, my only right as a woman taken away from me. Excuse me.' all of a sudden she had become quite emotional, standing and exiting the carriage, covering her mouth as whimpers of pain and realization escaped her.

The corridor was quiet at least with only herself in the whole space. She didn't move too far away from their carriage, instead only making it a few doors down against the window of the aisle, her shoulder's hunched over as she cried expecting no comfort. She had allowed herself to love, one thing she never thought she'd be able to do. Just as her dreams were being realized, that somebody, someone would actually love her enough to marry her, she is told that he wants to drain her of blood upon marriage, not loving her at all. She felt a hand on her shoulder, turning, tears filling her eyes as they so often did, she looked upon the face of her fiancée, emotions overcoming her, she gripped onto him, burying her face into his chest and uttering mumbled apologies. Antonia wound her small hands up his sides, one gripping onto his shoulder, the other cradling her side of his structured face, leaning into him for a prolonged kiss. Antonia’s one weakness, through everything that had happened, was that somehow, she still loved him.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:54 am

Alexander was the last to get onto the train to Rochester; he couldn’t help but look back towards the English Channel and wonder how things would have played out if Antonia hadn’t found out this way, he continued to think once on the train with his fiancée and maker-come-companion. He didn’t notice the silence until Antonia coughed a little and suddenly the atmosphere became unbearable for him and he decided to get some air or at least walk the length of their carriage. It didn’t take long for him to return and as he did Antonia appeared to have a little more life in her, Alexander looked over to William with suspicion but let it lie for the present. “How old am I?” He hadn’t honestly expected that question yet, but he answered it bluntly. “I’m one hundred and seventy-five.” William quickly interjected. “Antonia, lower your voice.” Alexander raised a hand to them both, not wanting to hear the bickering for the moment. “My state, well, no more than an urchin wandering the streets of London until my father struck luck in the fruit trade…” He didn’t comment on the death of the previous earl, as he didn’t rightly know who was on the train nearby; what they had said already could be taken as fanciful foolishness and light hearted joke, but Alexander made a habit never to joke about a recent death so publically. 'Well, I suppose my mother would be able to deal with me marrying a 175 year old, but an urchin?' Alexander couldn’t help but grin a little and William smirked at her comment, having a knack to find the slightly morbid humour in most things. But Antonia’s expression dropped and so did Alexander’s as she left the carriage obviously upset William leant his head back with a heavy sigh. “I think a gentler approach is needed, she thinks she has the will of a man, but quite obviously her emotions are getting the better of her.” Alexander didn’t say anything in reply but exited the carriage to find her, Antonia hadn’t gone far and he came up behind her quietly, resting a hand on her shoulder quickly for her to turn around. “Shh.” He whispered as she cried into his shirt, a hand against the back of her neck, another resting against her back, their kiss lasted longer than he had expected, he could still feel her emotion, it gave Alexander some hope. Gently pulling away from his fiancée, Alexander lead her by the hand towards the end of the carriage to a door that lead out onto a small platform, the English countryside rushing past them, the only thing holding them was a ornately decorated brass gate. He leant against his and took Antonia by the hands. The noise died down once the door had been closed, no longer a wind tunnel behind them. “I want you to ask me anything, I am nothing like what your novels say I am…”

He didn’t really know where to start. “I was born in centre of London and prospects were small for a family like mine, my father a failing tradesman, my mother and both sisters dead from malnutrition, I cannot even remember them, forced to beg on the streets until around the age of seven. I was in a workhouse then, until I was seventeen when my father made a new business partner a one W.Bennett and co. Which propelled us from poverty, I was then a young and relatively wealthy business associate, I was set to be engaged that year also, until that is after an evening in a local public house I was attacked by a small group of thieves who ultimately left me for dead, if it were not for the same W.Bennett that you too now know I would have bled to death in that alleyway.” He stopped and sighed, a little uncomfortable digging up his past like this, but holding Antonia in his arms he knew that she deserved to know. “I was angry, helpless and confused, but my maker, William saved my life, yes, William much older than I am, he was three hundred and seventy-six last year. And during my new infancy I depended on him for my survival. We travelled from Manchester to Liverpool and back to London again, under the fitting disguise of beggars, after several decades of travelling Europe this way I was deemed fit to leave my maker. But we had formed a bond that now seems un breakable.” Alexander pushed a few stray hairs from Antonia’s face “I don’t have to hide from the sunlight, I do not have to barbarically murder to survive, in fact I do not have to kill, but I will return to what I was saying. After several decades more William had introduced me to a plethora of societies and cultures except that of the british, and ever a friend of the king, William managed to say… strike a deal with him in that because he was not a fan of the previous earl of Rochester, I could take his place if it were seen he passed away without suspicion, I was to be his nephew from the south who was appointed by will to take his place.”

He stopped again, not wanting to continue, Alexander looked down to Antonia and didn’t want to upset her anymore, he didn’t know how to explain himself without looking like a cold hearted monster from then on in. “I wanted to experience a culture that I had so often dreamed of as a child and that was what I did, attending balls and events, giving to charity and buying famous artwork. But that all changed once I had met you. You see, I didn’t want to find love, I had been advised in all circumstanced to avoid it; I would dance with the young women at these events because it was the proper thing to do, but when I met you, it was … different.” Alexander stopped, he wouldn’t continue. “Come, you will freeze out here in the wind, there must be only an hour or so until you are home.” He kissed her forehead and lead Antonia back towards the carriage. “We will be able to talk privately again soon.” He hadn’t convinced her of his nature, he could feel it.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top