Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

:: Roleplay :: Roleplay

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Antonia listened to him, the fresh air cooling her lungs, although she seemed to always be cold recently. She listened to his brief history; nearly two hundred years condensed into all of thirty seconds, it was almost too much to handle. ‘I… you…’ he placed an almost forceful hand on her arm and took her back inside; she had more than enough questions, feeling already uneasy around him. She sat in the train with them for the next hour before being whisked onto a horse drawn carriage, her luggage strapped onto the back. The silence was painful, but she couldn’t bear talking any more, there would be more than enough time for that when she was bound to him for time and all eternity.

Her family were waiting for her outside the house in their best clothes, Josiah was imminently absent, probably drinking with his friends from the britallion, but stranger, Elizabeth was also missing. ‘Antonia darling!’ her mother squeaked, running towards her with open arms ‘oh how I have missed your melancholy presence in the house.’ The insult was taken on the chin as she hugged her mother, the servants taking her trunks. ‘I was not gone for long.’ She muttered pulling back ‘Where is Elizabeth?’ Her mother looked around as if to notice that she wasn’t there ‘Oh! She has a riding lesson this morning, she was quite insistent.’ ‘Indeed.’ She had a sneaking suspicion that something was going on between the pupil and her teacher, but would not say anything for now; she was far too occupied with her own problems. Her father held a hand out to her fiancée, Antonia tensing as he did, as if he would be able to know something was wrong by just touching him. She watched the civilities pass and then as he climbed back in the carriage with his lackey, driving away without as much as a goodbye to her.
It was the middle of the night, the light of the moon poured through Antonia’s open window, her sheer curtains casting sinister shadows on the floor as they flowed in the subtle breeze. The candles that had been lit only a few hours before had burnt down to pools of wax, slowly extinguishing one by one. The sheets of the large bed had been flung open and Antonia was missing, along with a pair of leather buttoned up boots and the men’s riding trousers that were stashed in the back of her armoire. She couldn’t sleep, with so many questions floating around in her head she felt sick. She had in fact been sick earlier in the evening, having being sent to bed early because of it. Concealing the droplets of blood on her handkerchief from her coughs, she had successfully deterred her mother from calling a doctor, insisting that it had been something she ate whilst on the train.
Now riding through open fields with the star spattered sky above her, she had time to think through what he had told her on the train. If she thought about it, she indeed did have a lot to thank William for; however she couldn’t help but see something sinister in the relationship between the two men. It was at that point that she remembered something that he had said, it struck her, struck her so much that she turned around from the direction she was going in and rode toward Rochester Manor. Her cloak was flowing around her, the black velvet and red silk not providing much protection from the cold as the wind whipped her already sullen face, the dark circles under her eyes were now even more prominent. It had begun to rain, she had nothing to shield her and the only thing she could do was push the horse to his very limit. It was the gift horse that Alexander had given her, he had been well looked after, but running through the mud and the rain was pushing him to his limits. She reached the stables, simply knocking the door of the tack room, tying the horse outside, and not being able to bring herself to speak to Henry. She ignored the butler’s protests of her being too late to speak to Alexander, of him being asleep and not wanting to be disturbed. She tore up the stairs, leading a trail of water in her wake. She pushed open the heavy door to his bedroom, briefly standing in the doorway, looking around, her breath being taken away from her due to the ornate nature, it striking her that this room would be where they would share a bed together. She pulled herself together, walking to the edge of his bed, her face almost haunting as the moonlight bounced off the pearls of water dripping from its gentle curves. She waited until he had opened his eyes, not letting him have the first word. ‘You were engaged?’
Outrageous.
Admin

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/jivey3

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:01 am

Sitting back in the private booth of the first class was a great relief; he wasn’t sure if Antonia would have noticed but the amount of information that he had given her was such a great weight off of Alexander’s shoulders that he looked almost relaxed sat next to her. What he had said probably meant nothing; it only distanced them as if he were a stranger relaying his life story, Antonia didn’t over to him once for the rest of the duration of the train ride and it was still unbearably silent in the carriage but he briefly enjoyed it; even though there was a razor sharp tension in the small space he found it more bearable than her tears and visible pain. The Carriage ride didn’t take as long as expected and arriving up the drive of Antonia’s home was a welcome sight for everyone, for a while things could return to normal, or at least in the eyes of others. Alexander and William were greeted by Antonia’s father who both shook his hand firmly and warmly. “Mr. Granville, how was your trip?” Alexander smiled whilst turning to his companion “An all round success Mr. Curnrow, Old friends revisited and though I do not know if you are a collector of art, I have inquired into the order of a particular painting by a very modern Parisian, it should take you all by surprise once it has pride of place in my lower study.” The men smiled with a civilized and slightly restrained chuckle as Alexander continued “And Mr. Curnrow I can assure you that your daughter was in the best of care with Mr. Bennett as a chaperone. But I must say I think the travelling has tired her somewhat.” “Exhausted her.” William added whilst looking to the rather pale looking young girl. “But we must be away, I am sure that I have arranged to meet with Lord Wellford this afternoon and I doubt he will take my frivolous travels as much of an excuse.” The two men said goodbye before stepping back into their carriage and setting of on the journey home. “Parisian painter?!” William couldn’t help but burst out laughing. “Alex you cannot tell a Louis de Silvestre from a Pierre Dupuis!” Alexander rolled his eyes with a half smile. “Well you just stood there! I am sure you could have intervened at anytime!” William leaned back into his carriage seat. “Oh but I do enjoy watching you squirm.”

An afternoon of busy appointment arranging and ‘casual’ meetings left Alexander unable to fight off the ever human desire of sleeping the whole night through, normally he would still struggle for sleeping for more than a few hours at a time but today had been long and his patience was wearing thin of aristocratic trivialities. “Please, keep William away this evening; I really do not need to be disturbed.” He didn’t wait for a reply but instead went straight to his bedroom and changed into his sleeping attire. It seemed as if the moment that he closed his eyes he was disturbed again, eyes wide open he sat up. The way he looked around the room and then to Antonia lacked the way a human would have woken up; there was no dreamy haze of remembering a pleasant dream but immediate alertness. He couldn’t pin Antonia’s words down however; he looked at her with slight confusion. “What do you mean?” Alexander stood out of his bed and pulled on a pair of trousers. “Yes I was engaged, did you really ride out here in the middle of the night to ask me that? You are soaking wet.”

Alexander watched Antonia as she left with slightly unsympathetic eyes, he wasn’t sure why she would have so readily returned to his home and especially in the middle of the night so soon; he just wanted to sleep the whole thing off for a while and was about to so do if she hadn’t returned to the room again. “How… excuse me?” He walked towards Antonia looking down to her with stern and questioning eyes. “You want to know?” He pushed her out of the room and closed the door behind him, walking down to the dining room he sat at one end of the room and looked out of the window for a moment before standing and walking the length of the dimly lit room. “What if I told you I had been engaged over one hundred times? To the most beautiful women all across the globe? Stolen their hearts like a thief in the night and left them heartbroken and perhaps drained of life?” Alexander felt that we wasn’t being fair to Antonia, looking at her expression her came closer to her. “If you want to know, I have only been engaged twice. To you and a young girl back in London when I was…well…” He brushed the damp hair from her face, noting the coolness of her skin. “Her name was Charlotte and pretty? Not by conventional means and I was not engaged to her by choice, it was to strengthen a family tie for my father, but it never happened…” Alexander through he had answered her questions when he overheard a grumble Alexander stood taller. “Excuse me?” His eyes narrowed. “And how would you know anything at allabout Loretta? Oh you’re little friend Dorian, well I see, let’s just believe what any man who is in the latest fashion shall we? You heard me.” He turned away from her. “How dare you comment so out of turn on a subject that you know so little about!” He laughed at her comment. “Oh well, perhaps I am not like the Alexander you once knew…” He turned to face Antonia, a hint of cruelty in his expression “Perhaps he doesn’t exist at all.” As she went to leave Alexander was suddenly right behind her his lips impossibly close to her ear, he whispered. “You don’t just get to come and go as you please, what sort of a future husband would I be if I let you ride off in this atrocious weather?” Now having a hold of her shoulders Alexander guided Antonia out of the room and into the main foyer where he beckoned the name a maid-servant and ordered her to bring a thick riding coat with a hood and in a matter of minutes she returned. Alexander thrusted it around her shoulders and had led her by the arm to the stables and had her horse brought back out, he got on and held his hand out to Antonia. “Get on the horse, get on the horse now.” Lacking any riding clothes himself he didn’t waste time riding with great speed towards Antonia’s home and once there climbed down and began to walk away from his fiancée. “Have a restful sleep.”

((aw yeah, walking in the rain... why does it alllwaaaayys raaaiiiin on meeeeee?))
Rosé
Admin

http://heartsofpureice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:11 am

Antonia stood and watched him for a moment, taking in his comment; of course she had been completely irrational, riding through the night just for a question that could be answered in the morning, disturbing him of his sleep. She nodded ‘Yes…yes, I’ll leave…’ she muttered turning and leaving the room only to stop outside and rationalize with herself again, why should he be able to dismiss her upon the drop of a hat after all that had happened in the last week. ‘How many times have you been engaged? I mean to say, if you have passed through so many years, your history must be extensive…’ her tone was innocent enough, she was merely inquisitive, however he was apparently in no mood to ask questions. He walked up to her brashly, only stopping a few inches away from her, making her feel about two feet tall. His rough approach to her however shocked more than anything, only once had he raised a hand to her before, and she ended up seriously hurt by the end of that, frightened and anticipating his next move, she walked quickly down the stairs and into the cold dining room, beginning to shiver. “What if I told you I had been engaged over one hundred times? To the most beautiful women all across the globe? Stolen their hearts like a thief in the night and left them heartbroken and perhaps drained of life?” she found herself holding her breath, not wanting to move a single inch while he was near her. ‘I… I was only asking…’ she whimpered, looking up at him with a new found knowledge that he could kill her at any time with a single movement. “If you want to know, I have only been engaged twice. To you and a young girl back in London when I was…well…” she flinched as he touched her face, not wanting to feel his anger again. “Her name was Charlotte and pretty? Not by conventional means and I was not engaged to her by choice, it was to strengthen a family tie for my father, but it never happened…” She turned away from him, looking up at the large expensive wallpaper, suddenly remembering something William had mentioned In London. ‘Of course, Loretta would know all of this already…’ she muttered, having flashbacks of the look in the woman’s eyes as she tried to kill her that night, she had thought it then but was sure of it now. Whatever she said must have been louder than she imagined it to be as he soon turned on her, jumping to the other woman’s defence. ‘Of course I would know nothing about the beautiful, wonderful Loretta!’ she spat, not knowing where her jealousy had sprung from. ‘I met you as an equal, and now look, you try and convince me you are nothing like they say you are, you are nothing like you were.’ “Oh well, perhaps I am not like the Alexander you once knew…” he spat, then turning to face her, sending a chill right through her soul. “Perhaps he doesn’t exist at all.” ‘Oh he exists.’ She retorted, bitter sounding and not caring whether she lived or died anymore ‘the man who played with my emotions, who shouts when he is angry because his fiancée has not acted as a pretty little doe-eyed woman should act, who… who near damn breaks her bones and her heart. So perhaps he still does exist.’ She turned to leave, only to be joined by him again incredibly quickly. His voice sent a chill up her spine she froze, realising the severity of what she could have done. His voice sent a chill up her spine she froze, realising the severity of what she could have done. The grip on her small shoulders was impressively tight, she whimpered in pain as he pushed her forward. ‘I… I don’t want to…’ she cried almost silently, the fear filling her with terror, almost being paralyzed as he dragged her from place to place. He stood outside now, towering over her on the horse as the rain poured down. She looked at him ‘Alex… p… please… I don’t’ “Get on the horse, get on the horse now.” she took his hand, her wrist screaming with pain as he pulled her up onto the animal. She didn’t dare let go of him, tears streaming down her face as she gripped onto him for dear life. When they finally reached her house, he dismounted, leaving her on the animal hardly able to keep herself up. She waited until he had turned no longer able to contain herself, she let go, slipping off the horse onto the cold hard gravel. She lay there for a while, finally hearing muffled voices and lights, it was then everything went dark.

The next thing Antonia knew, she was in her bed, a hoard of people surrounding her. Unfortunately the first voice she could make out was the shrill voice of her mother. ‘Antonia? Antonia darling thank the lord. What on this earth were you doing out there?’ She was interrupted by the voice of the younger son. ‘Mother please, talk to her later. See to the other girls.’ She left the room, ‘Doctor. How is she doing?’ An unfamiliar voice spoke to her. ‘Miss Curnrow. You have had a nasty fall.’ Antonia frowned ‘what are you…? Who called this man… let me go…’ she was restrained by several maids as she began trying to sit up. ‘No, no Tonia… you’re not very well… you need to rest.’ The reassuring voice of her brother seemed to calm her down. ‘What happened?’ she asked, coughing a little as she did. ‘We have all been very worried about you.’ He paused ‘You have only just woke up. You have been asleep for three days.’ She furrowed her brow, still confused ‘No I… I was just tired… I was coming back from…’ ‘No Tonia, you were sneaking out, going for a ride… don’t you remember?’ she thought back to the night, memories coming back to her ‘yes… yes of course I was… sneaking out…’ ‘You have to stay in bed for a further week; I will assess your progress again then.’ The doctor turned to her brother. ‘I have reset the bones in her wrist, her shoulders are badly bruised from the fall, and I suggest her fiancée is sent for…’ ‘No!’ she interjected forcefully, the room turned to her ‘Why ever not child…?’ the doctor asked, an eyebrow raised. Josiah was particularly concerned however let her explain herself. ‘I… I do not want him to be worried…’ The doctor laughed lightly ‘Do not be silly, he will be called.’ ‘No please… if… if he thinks I am too sickly he will call off the wedding… My… my family is riding on it.’ He rolled his eyes ‘I will not be told what to do by my patient. Stay in bed and eat, you are gaunt enough without not eating.’ The men left the room, leaving her with the maids. She felt terrible; her wrist was bandaged up tightly and her shoulders were sore.

‘Mother, this is ridiculous, she does not want him sent for.’ Josiah tried, as hard as he could to deter his mother from sending for the young earl four days after she had woken, however she was insistent. ‘My dear, you know nothing of the ways of a woman, no often means yes and twice the other way around.’ He groaned ‘But mother, Antonia is hardly a woman!’ She laughed ‘Oh my dear, you care too much for her, she will not be with us for much longer, she will be a married woman soon and will not have time to spend with her silly brothers.’ She sent a messenger straight away.

Antonia had been asleep all morning; she was soon rudely woken by her mother however. ‘Antonia! Antonia darling get dressed, I have just sent for Mr Granville, you must get dressed before he comes.’ She looked at her mother in disbelief ‘What…? Mother no!’ ‘Oh I know I know, you owe me too much.’ She put the back of her hand to her daughter’s forehead, her face then turning to that of worry. ‘You are running a temperature again, get up. HANNAH! GET IN HERE!’ she called, the thirteen year old handmaid running in from the hallway. ‘Run Miss Curnrow an ice bath.’ Antonia groaned ‘please mother no.’ she whined ‘We do not want you to have one of your fits again…’ The ice bath was run and she was sat in, her spine showing through her skin ‘H…h…he…w…w…will not…c…come…’ she chattered, now freezing cold. ‘Oh hush.’ Her mother chided. ‘No, h…he… is a v…v…v…very b…b…b…busy man…’ she said again, pain running through her as she was dragged out to get dressed into her specialized night clothes and propped up in bed whilst Hannah brushed her hair. ‘Now be nice, and smile when he arrives will you?’ Antonia shook her head ‘He will not come mother. He will not come.’
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:09 am

As Alexander trudged through the marshy farmlands of the surrounding area he regretting to physically saying the horse back with him but he was going to honour that it was in fact a gift and now belonged to Antonia. He was covered in mud and his night shirt and trousers clung to him, offering to protection from the now driving rain. He cursed allowed at the weather, his fiancée and mainly himself. He kept replaying a vicious cycle of thoughts over and over in his mind, that if he hadn’t been so desperate to show Antonia new things and new cities; to express his power and wealth he wouldn’t be in this situation now. He was a sorry sight to behold, even if he was entirely to blame. Finally making to a country road he kept under trees; not that it kept him any the dryer. It wasn’t until a carriage rode past and sprayed him with yet more mud that Alexander completely lost his temper and decided that it didn’t matter who saw him, probably mistaking him for a spirit or Lake Monster, and run back to his manor. He arrived in a matter of minutes and at the door met William. “I’m sorry.” He giggled at the sight of his companion. “The lord of the house doesn’t accept vagabonds onto his estate, I am going to have to ask you to leave and…” William couldn’t keep up his stern and mannerly voice, cracking up and standing aside to the less than impressed Alexander. “And what has happened to you to make the great Alexander Granville so upset…” Alexander, who now had a murky pool of water around him gritted his teeth and with a flurry of hand gestures tried to convey his displeasure towards his fiancée. William looked a little bemused about what had happened before, half wishing that he had been about to witness the events. “She spoke poorly of Loretta you say?” William smirked. Alexander looked exasperated and if possible, near out of breath. “The sheer audacity of it all! For her, a mere human to even dare question the practises of a vampire!” William rolled his eyes, not quite believing that he would be going to Antonia’s defence, but in his current mood, Alexander would be fit to tear someone to ribbons, opposed to calling off an engagement.

“Alex, my dear Alex. You are completely correct here, she is only a human and she has no idea how any of this works, to a human, to many vampires, our practices are not monogamous, she is scared and confused. To act so… irrationally at his early hour is going to draw attention to us and not help any situation. Antonia needs to be educated, but not as quickly as you or I needed to be. She is still human for a while yet. She still has time to come to terms with all of this… but for now you need to bathe and well, perhaps have a little from my supply; Nicolo was kind enough to send me a small bottle of Italian whilst we were away, I am sure it will brighten your spirits. But for now, bathe and rest.” William went to hug his dear friend but upon getting closer and stepping into the growing puddle of rainwater, noticing just how wet he was sent him off, a handmaid following him to run a bath.

Alexander returned several hours later looking as if he had slept soundly through the entire night. Now clean and presentable his temper had cooled and it seemed as if last night had been only a dream to him, though there were several uncomfortable exchanges of glances as maidservants walked past him in the morning, having heard his treatment toward his fiancée that early morning. But Alexander chose to ignore them and walking towards his piano room he found William sat reading, “An unusual sight indeed…” Alexander grinned, poking fun at what felt like his only friend. “It would interest you, it is one of those popular ‘gothic’ novels, and you wouldn’t believe how they make us out to be.” Alexander sat down at the piano and began to play slowly. “As everything we truly are?” William looked up with a coy smile. “And more, you should really give this a once over Alex, for example. We will turn to dust and ashes if killed and can only be killed with the use of blessed wood or silver, oh and sunlight, but that’s true. We are also immortal." The piano music partly covered their conversation, Alexander half smiled towards his maker. "I suppose you cannot blame their fear then.” William swung his legs around on the small sofa and sat upright. “Their fear has always been justified; I suppose they just don’t quite understand us.” Alexander continued to play and thought of Antonia as his fingers brushed along the keys. “I think I owe Antonia an apology William.” There was a moment of silence and it seemed as if the pair were in thought but William just grinned. “I shouldn’t bother with all of that, she isn’t your average romantic young girl a simple apology isn’t going to sort anything.” But As Alexander was about to reply a young man came into the room, Alexander’s playing slowed but didn’t stop. “You have been requested to come quickly to the Curnrow residence, Antonia Curnrow is very sick.” Alexander and William looked to each other their thoughts flying past in silence. “I am afraid that I cannot visit her at this moment in time.” “But…” “No I am afraid I cannot, in a matter of minutes my carriage will be taking me to Maidstone to meet with Lord Whitby. It is a meeting that I cannot turn down at such short notice. I’m sure she will understand.” The young man looked a little flustered at his reply but bowed and left the room quickly.

The carriage was pulled around and the pair were on their way to Maidstone, there was no meeting and he hadn’t seen Lord Whitby since his last social gathering. But there were to be very few gatherings from now own as the air became cooler and frost began to slowly kill off the last of the flowers. Alexander didn’t enjoy the winter much, though the cold didn’t affect him much everything was darker and slower. Their business in Maidstone was simple. To spend the previous Earl’s fortune on whatever they wished, but what Alexander planned on spending his money on wasn’t himself but his fiancée. The obligatory fine dresses were first looked at and he discussed for what felt like hours on end but he decided that it wasn’t going to be enough. In reality just buying gifts wasn’t going to solve anything, he would have to speak to Antonia alone, but the presents would please her family and for now that seemed like a good idea. It wasn’t until walking out of the newly opened jewellers that Alexander saw what he thought to be one of the best looking young horses. It was a dark caramel in colour, its coat in such a good condition that it was near reflective. He wasn’t going to take no for an answer from the old man who was selling it. After a few heated words Alexander was going to leave with a new horse, if not a little out of pocket from it.

A couple days had past until Alexander was again invited to the Curnrow estate to see Antonia now that she had recovered some of her spirits. Taking the opportunity he had one of the stable boys to ride over the young horse. Knocking at the door he had the diamond earrings in his jacket pocket and waited, one of Antonia’s younger sisters answered the door he could never remember their names so instead wished her a good afternoon and was lead towards into the house. He could hear that the stable boy had just arrived, he wondered if Antonia would see the appeal in it.
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 am

‘Miss Curnrow… sorry to disturb you.’ Antonia’s deep brown eyes flickered open to see the face of little Hannah her maid. ‘How many times…’ she croaked, attempting feebly to push herself up, but failing ‘you must call me Antonia…’ the girl furrowed her brow in worry. ‘A message has come from The Earl of Rochester… he is unable to attend your side…’ despite having a premonition that it would happen, she couldn’t help but feel her spirits fall completely, something the doctor had warned her of endangering her health further. ‘Y… you must eat your food miss… Antonia.’ She was then propped up by two other servants, pillows put behind her to stable her. The help had been advised to leave her sore shoulders well alone, they were beginning to bruise from what everybody else thought was the fall, only Antonia knowing that it was her fiancée’s forceful hand. She was spoon-fed some disgusting porridge, the bruising on her jaw being too painful to chew solid food. ‘The stable boy from Mr Granville’s estate is to visit this afternoon.’ Antonia’s coughing fit subsided enough for her to speak ‘how is my horse…?’ the girl looked at her with a bemused expression ‘Miss Curnrow, I hardly think you are in any state to be thinking about a silly animal when you are almost on your deathbed!’ ‘What…?’ Antonia looked at the girl, her heart rate increasing severely ‘Oh… I did not mean… Miss Curnrow…?’ a voice came from the doorway ‘That’s enough.’ Hannah ran out of the room as her mistress became increasingly distressed, leaving her to be tended to by her brother. ‘Shh… calm down, this is not good for your health Tonia, please, calm down…’ The strong arms of her loving brother Josiah soon calmed her down. After a few moments of silence, Josiah looked at her in concern ‘What…?’ she looked up at him ‘I can tell there is something playing on your mind. What is it?’ she swallowed, him being the only person she could talk to ‘What… is the best form… of defence…?’ he raised an eyebrow, a smile playing on his lips ‘surely you are too big for war stories now?’ but seeing her frailty, he decided to indulge her, for perhaps the last time. ‘In my rank of the army,’ he sighed ‘there are only two possible forms of defence, the first is attack – I know it sounds strange, but sometimes it is the only way.’ He paused to look at her reaction, but her expression was dead, not having the strength to react to him. ‘And the second? You must think like the enemy, anticipate their next move, almost become one of them.’ His words resounded in her ears, William had told her that her necklace was a defence, the best kind of defence, she had speculated it for too long, but now she knew it was true, the reason they didn’t recognise her as a human in France, the reason food no longer appealed to her and why she could almost hear Alexander’s thoughts, was that the necklace, was turning her into one of them.

The Curnrow household was a place he had been visiting quite frequently recently giving riding lessons to miss Elizabeth, however when the message was read out that The Earl’s fiancée was on her deathbed and he purely refused to visit her, he couldn’t contain himself. Dressing in his best clothes, he mounted one of the horses he was timetabled to exercise for the day, he soon found himself outside the large building, dismounting at the front as one of the family’s stable hands took his horse from him, them having a small chat about the sheer audacity of the young Earl and the terrible health of their mistress. Waving goodbye to the horse, he began to walk up towards the house on the gravel, however a flash of light in his eye caught his attention, looking down to the floor, he spotted something that really shouldn’t be there. Crouching down, he picked up the sparkling necklace from amongst the stone chippings. Holding up to the light, he instantly recognised it as Antonia’s, placing it in his pocket, he approached the door, being ushered in and up to the girl’s room. ‘Excuse me…?’ he interrupted whom he recognised to be Antonia’s older brother. Josiah looked up to the sheepish looking young man in the doorway and stood ‘Are you alright for visitors?’ he asked his sister, to which she replied with a brief nod. He kissed her on the forehead before exiting without a word to the farrier. Henry approached slowly, an obvious grimace on his face upon seeing her. ‘Um… I…’ he didn’t know what to say, instead pulling the necklace out from his pocket. ‘I found this outside, I think it’s yours.’ He noticed a difference in her then, her eyes seemed to regain a little life in them as she grasped at her throat. ‘Put it on me…’ she whispered, her voice faint ‘I don’t…’ he would have refused it if were not for the pleading look in her eyes. With shaking hands, he raised it to her tiny neck, clasping it around her after a few fumbled tries. Antonia felt the blood rushing to her head as soon as she felt the cold metal almost pulsating against her skin with energy. She gasped loudly, breathing in cold air like she was drowning; clasping at the energy it gave her. ‘Thank you…’ she breathed, hugging her arms around his neck in complete gratitude.

Antonia’s health improved form that moment on, the doctor exclaimed that she had been ‘pulled from the jaws of death’ and was ‘a miracle of modern medicine’ after having solemnly believed that she was surely set for the grave, her always being a sickly child. She was breathing fine within the first day, and her coughs had reduced to the minimal by the end of the second. If it weren’t for her hallowed features and horrific bruising, it could be said that she were almost completely back to full health. It was on the second day of her recovery when a call came out from down the stairs. ‘Tonia! Tonia! Mr Granville is coming up the drive… he came for you.’ She looked to her second youngest sister. ‘Elizabeth… I… I do not want to…’ her protests were ignored by little Emily however as she clearly ran down the stairs to greet him. ‘Oh Lizzie! The horse boy’s here for you!’ she called from downstairs. Elizabeth looked to her eldest sister ‘Um… sorry!’ she said quickly, before running off also.

‘Good afternoon Mr Granville!’ chirped Emily with an added giggle at the end of her sentence. ‘Are you here to see Tonia?’ she asked, a coy smile on her face as if she were asking a serious question. ‘I am off out, but I shall send for her maid to show you to her room.’ She giggled again, throwing her cloak over her shoulders and running off on soft feet. Josiah passed her in the hall however, wondering what all the fuss was about until he spotted him. As her brother, he felt obligated to greet him with a strong hand. ‘Mr Granville.’ He said, not giving him time to reciprocate. ‘I hope our intentions with my sister are honourable.’ He said no ounce of threat in his words, instead holding the man’s icy stare. ‘My sister means the world to me Mr Granville. If anything ever happened to her I do not know…’ his voice quivered upon thinking about it, clearing his throat once more and fighting back tears to finish his sentence. ‘I do not know what I would do.’ He held the other man’s stare a little longer before letting go of his hand. ‘Good. Good well, ah, here is Hannah.’ ‘Good afternoon sir.’ The young girl curtseyed to both masters, turning towards the stairwell ‘If you would follow me please sir.’ She led him up the stairs toward Antonia’s room. Antonia could hear his footsteps, knowing him too well, her anxiety levels built, she was dressed in her specialized night down, her shoulders exposed, the horrifying bruises showing from where he had grabbed her forcefully. Hannah knocked on the door. ‘Come in.’ she said with a voice that was smaller than she had expected. She refused to look at him as he entered her impossibly tidy room. ‘You can go now Hannah.’ The small girl left the room, closing the door behind her. Silence took over, she didn’t want to look at him let alone speak to him. The left side of her face had been scraped from where she hit the gravel, but it was healing, the dark circles under her eyes on the other hand only showed how much sleep she had lost from nights of anxious night terrors and terrible fevers. She waited for him to say something, but found herself in no mood for waiting. ‘Why did you come here?’ she stated bluntly, looking down to her heavily laden finger. She removed the ring, holding it out to him ‘if you have come for this…’ she was soon hushed by his powerful voice.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:04 am

Alexander grinned at the young girl’s coy smile; playing up to it as he walked into the Curnrow household but regained a level of formality as he confronted by Josiah. Alexander nodded towards Antonia’s older brother and firmly shook his hand. “More than honourable.” Alexander had half a mind to throw the young man across the room for questioning his intentions, if it weren’t for the fact that it could be said that his intentions were in fact anything but honourable, “I understand completely.” Alexander broke his stern expression briefly to half heartedly smile towards the gentleman before he left in place of a maid servant to whom he smiled at with a little more enthusiasm. He followed the young girl up the stairs and into Antonia’s room. He had not expected his touch to have done so much damage to her delicate skin. She still looked positively lifeless, beaten and broken. A pang of guilt shot upwards through his being and made him look away for a moment. As the maidservant left Alexander took a few steps forward in the blistering silence, waiting for her to say anything at all. He hadn’t been expecting her to be so harsh when she was weak, but he knew too well that he deserved her words. For a moment he looked at the ring in the palm of her hand and walked quickly over to her, plucking the ring from her. “If you are to say it like that Antonia…” He turned to face the window, not looking at her facial expression. “I had come to say a few words to you…” He rolled the ring between his thumb and forefinger, his other hand in his jacket pocket. “But they were nothing to do with marriage you see, you are too quick to come to conclusions.” He turned back towards Antonia and placed the ring back on her finger. “No I haven’t come for the ring, I came to see you, yes see you.” Alexander rolled his eyes, but a smile still played on his lips. “I was busy! If I had missed the appointment with Lord Whitby then I would have lost a valuable connection, you are still alive are you not… shhh…” He didn’t want her getting too upset; Alexander sat at the foot of her bed. “I won’t come any closer if you do not want me to.” He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small blue velvet box. “Well at first I bought you these the other day after seeing lord Whitby.” He smirked at her facial expression as she opened it, he always knew that she wasn’t particularly one for jewellery, even if it was diamonds. He continued. “And I also found you something else that I am sure will heighten your spirits.” He stood up and picked up Antonia’s dressing gown and passed it to her. “You are alright to walk no? I can’t really give you this gift inside.”

Alexander took Antonia by the arm and led her towards the estate’s stables and once outside he had one of his stable boys bring the young horse around to where she could see him. Alexander smiled “A little incentive to recover quickly, If I do say so myself.”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 pm

She hadn’t quite expected him to take the ring back in some way, somewhere inside it seemed that she was still foolish enough to believe he still loved her, however when he prized the trinket from her cold, delicate fingers. Her heart sunk, she felt stupid for ever thinking that he had perhaps changed his mind that he did perhaps really care about her; however as he turned again she couldn’t help but look up at him with large eyes filled with hope. ‘You… you have not come for the ring?’ she asked, propping herself up a little more ‘but then why… To see me?’ she was confused, and felt brave or concussed enough to question him. ‘To see me now I am well, but when I was near death…’ his excuses were precious, although she thought that perhaps death was not so much of an issue for him as he saw it every day. ‘A valuable connection is of course is more important that a wife, how silly of me to think otherwise, I am only a woman after all…’ she trailed off as he shushed her, not wanting to get too upset herself. She watched him as he sat down on the foot of her bed; she subconsciously adjusted the straps of her nightgown, her bruised shoulders aching. She raised an eyebrow as he pulled out the small box and opened it to reveal a beautiful pair of earrings. Looking up at him totally not amused at his smirk she commented ‘How well you know me.’ With a sarcastic sigh. As he stood on mention of another gift she was reluctant to get out of bed, ‘I… I will walk…’ she affirmed, tying the dressing gown around her small frame and slipped on a pair of shoes rather precariously, grabbing onto his arm before she fell to the floor, not being used to walking around although it was about time she did.

She found herself being led towards the stables which led to her bursting with a whole host of questions as to her gift horse and his wellbeing when she was taken from him; they were soon forgotten as she turned the corner to the courtyard to behold a beautiful palomino horse standing almost thirteen hands in height, its coat beautifully groomed shining in the light of the day. ‘My god…’ she exclaimed not helping herself from blaspheming (not that it really mattered as she was engaged to an ungodly creature in the first place). ‘It… is this… did you…’ her stutters were only confirmed by his comment. She walked over to the creature, contorting the flat of her palms to its muscular flanks, inspecting every inch of the animal. At that point, Antonia’s mother appeared next to the fiancée in question, tutting and shaking her head. ‘How considerate you are Mr Granville, seeming as the last gift horse you gave her caused my daughter to be in this condition in the first place.’ She was soon hushed by the presence of the earrings. ‘He’s beautiful!’ confirmed Antonia with a smile ‘I cannot express to you my gratitude, I…’ she walked back over to him, not quite knowing what to say, affronted by the fact that he knew her so perfectly. ‘May I suggest something?’ her mother interjected with an innocent tone ‘Mr Curnrow and I were discussing the thought of a dinner, with the whole of our families together perhaps to celebrate the engagement, you were whisked away so suddenly on business you see and we feel it proper that we celebrate properly, in the English way.’ She paused, Antonia dreading the thought of a family dinner, it most probably consisting of her mother suggesting Alexander marries Linette instead, her father chastising her and her youngest sister giggling incessantly at everything and anything anyone would say. ‘But of course, to have it at the bride’s house would be preposterous, don’t you think Mr Granville?’ ‘Mother!’ scorned Antonia at her bluntness ‘Antonia dear, these things are necessary to do! You will learn of them when you are older and married and wise like myself.’ The dinner was arranged, Antonia knowing only too well that none of Alexander’s family would be readily available to join the festivities. ‘Yes.’ She breathed after a sigh ‘Yes a dinner would be quite… enjoyable.’ She almost grimaced at the thought of having to sit at a table with both her own family and in no doubt William. She looked to Alexander, him apparently smiling at her response, no doubt feeling the same thing. Antonia’s mother, finally being satisfied, left with a smile and a coy goodbye leaving the two alone again. ‘I suppose I shall see you tomorrow night.’ She said, not looking at him, feeling all the more foolish for all her girlish tantrums. He was a man after all, not a handmaid to be at her beck and call noon and night. Her eyes were a pale brown that day, the necklace around her neck almost sunk into her skin. She walked with him again to the front of the house, shying away from his touch as he moved a hand to her shoulder to bid her farewell sucking the air sharply through her teeth in pain. ‘No, no I apologise, I shall see you in the evening?’ she paused, looking at him for a moment before taking the split decision to kiss his cold cheek, lingering there for a moment before pulling back again, looking to her feet ‘Thank you, for your concern…’ she muttered.

The rest of the day was spent in marriage preparations much to Antonia’s displeasure, she was sat at a table writing list after list and being asked about colour schemes and locations and materials and guest lists. Her mind boggled with the amount of information she was being bombarded with. ‘Mother, I feel I should make it known that I have no desire to speak about this today.’ Antonia’s female relatives looked up in shock. ‘Antonia dear, this is your marriage, these things must be done.’ There was a silence for a moment before Elizabeth thought it best to speak, ‘Is something wrong Antonia?’ all eyes were on her, analysing her every move. ‘I… I…’ she couldn’t stop her eyes welling up a little with the stress of everything, of course she couldn’t tell them, for one they would certainly have her carted off to a madhouse. ‘Antonia dear…?’ her mother’s voice brought her into the present ‘I… I cannot choose between red and blue…’ the girls laughed at her as she wiped her tears away and smiled, perhaps she would be able to enjoy the whole experience after all.

The next day consisted of her being measured for her wedding dress which would be made for her by the dressmaker in Paris under strict instruction and several detailed sketches that Antonia herself designed. By the evening she was almost exited at the prospect of a wedding, finally feeling some involvement with her mother and sisters. After everybody was dressed and just about to get in the carriages, they were greeted by the surprise guest of Josiah who had felt inclined to join them. Antonia was glad for that at least, somebody who would lighten up the conversation. Dressed in her deep emerald dress, her sisters all in white with various coloured ribbons and Josiah in an unusually dapper suit for him, they set off to the manor. Upon arrival they were shown in by the grumpy old man that managed the door, the head butler or something. Taken to one of the reception rooms they sat waiting for their host, chatting cordially amongst each other. ‘It is a nice estate. Good hunting I assume.’ Josiah looked around ‘It far too cold for me, no spirit in the old place.’ Their father smiled ‘Well that will come when Antonia is living here, you will liven the place up I am sure about it.’ Antonia smiled, inspecting the room ‘Indubitably.’ The time came where their host was announced, the room stood as Mr Granville and Mr Bennet (much to Antonia’s distaste) entered the room together dressed well and looking forever beautiful as they always did. ‘Good evening sir.’ Antonia curtseyed as Alexander approached her, a small spark of something exciting in her eyes. She sat with him on the sofa, glancing at him every so often as he and her father spoke of finances. She also felt the need to keep a close eye on William as he had been eyeing her younger sister since he entered the room. ‘Mr Bennet.’ She called from across the room, causing him to look up at her along with the rest of the room. ‘Have you met my brother Josiah Curnrow? He is a commander in the British Britallion.’ Josiah laughed ‘I do wish you’d stop introducing me as that Antonia, but anyway, charmed I’m sure.’ He stood and held a hand out to the blonde. She had a horrible feeling that she had just created something terrible. Being ushered into the larger dining room upon the cal that dinner was served, she was sat next to her fiancée much to her disappointment, it was much harder to look at him when sitting parallel to him. The starter was placed in front of her, she stared down at it before deciding t eat a least a little of it. Talk soon turned to the wedding, possible colour schemes and pieces of music to be played much to her mother’s taste rather than hers. ‘I think…’ everyone seemed to stop as she spoke for the second time that evening. Turning to look at Alexander with a dangerous, playful spark in her eyes she continued ‘I think that we should be married in a church.’ She stared at him a little, the only hint of her hilarious joke being in her eyes, her face being completely expressionless. ‘No, I do not see it as unoriginal, rather traditional, do you not think? I could see you there now, at the altar, opposite the carving of the crucifix. Beautiful.’ Antonia’s mother felt the need to interject, however Antonia didn’t take her eyes off of her fiancée. ‘Terribly morbid of you dear, not that I expected more… what about the small priory on the corner, by the Rochford’s house?’ Antonia’s face slowly spread into a playful smile at Alexander’s concerned face, seeing that she had rattled him at least. ‘No, I think that perhaps a church is too normal after all.’ The tone disappeared with a cry from the other end of the table where both William and Josiah were getting considerably drunk ‘Hear Hear! Jolly good show Tony old boy! I’ll drink to that!’ Antonia sniggered at her mother’s shouts of chastisement that ensued, dropping a hand under the table while everyone’s attention was diverted and resting it on the vampire’s leg, looking to him expressionless again as if she were completely innocent of all actions.

The dinner was quite satisfactory, her father commenting on the fine quality of the game that was served and Emily having at least three portions of dessert. They walked into the lobby again, Josiah and William stumbling, grabbing each other around the shoulders to keep themselves up. ‘I’m not tired enough to go home! I’ve had an excellent time! We should go out on the town sometime old chap!’ ‘Tonight is a good a night as any!’ ‘Good show! Onwards! To the nearest tavern or brothel! Wherever we land first!’ Mrs Curnrow whimpered at the outrageous behaviour of her son, being ushered out by her sniggering daughters, Linette and Elizabeth who had been rather ladylike in speech throughout the evening, curtseying and Emily, loud and vivacious as usual chiming ‘Ta Ta!’ before skipping out after them. Her father lingered for a moment, shaking hands with Alexander vigorously ‘I shall take you up on your offer to hunt the game in your grounds I hope you realise Granville’ he said with his usual warm tone ‘Yes well, seeming as Josiah is taking one of your companion’s carriages, I see it suitable that you stay here for a few moments longer, on the grounds that you are my most trustworthy daughter.’ Antonia almost felt sick as her father kissed the top of her head and walked out of the door, all these lies and yet she was still seen as trustworthy seemed wrong to her. After a short pause, she smiled, her eyes averted down. ‘Yet again I feel the need to apologise for my family. Although I rather think that you would of have to of arrange entertainment if it were any other family.’ As she was guided into one of the smaller reception rooms she sat on the stool of the piano, resisting the urge very much to play. She looked at him through the flickering candles placed about the room, thinking, thoughts rattling through her brain at almost one hundred miles an hour. She could hear the almost faint whispers of a voice, and not just any voice. ‘Can you speak to one another…’ she said almost out of the blue. ‘I mean, without using your voices? Can you speak to William…?’ his answer was conclusive, but she had almost always known it, known that they had an unspoken connection by which they could communicate, she had sensed it on the first night she met the two of them at the ball. ‘Can you… can you hear what I am thinking?’ the thought struck her like a terrible bolt of lightning. If he could, then it would be awfully embarrassing for her let alone the others in her family. She smiled at his response, tiling her head backwards and closing her eyes ‘You know, if I close my eyes I can almost… It’s like when I am sat in the lower reading room and the servants are whispering in the corridors or on the stairs.’ There was a dulled silence before she interrupted it again ‘Are you hungry?’ she asked, her light brown eyes boring into his ‘I am not talking about the food.’ Her skin was paler than it normally was, but still dark by fashion’s standards, darker still by the ever decreasing light. She stood up, an idea suddenly occurring to her. She crossed the room, sitting next to him, her knees touching his as she leant into him with nervous enthusiasm. ‘I am not to pretend like I… like I understand or even want to understand, but I am not ignorant, you need blood to survive, but,’ she caught her breath, not believing almost herself what she was about to suggest. ‘What if people do not have to die… no listen to me…’ she put a hand to his cheek, turning him to face her again, gently caressing his cold skin with her fingers. Her eyes searched his for any source of emotion even though it was probably fruitless. ‘I… if I am to be married to you then at least let me do this.’ She hesitantly looked down, one hand still resting on his cheek and the other hovering above his. ‘T…take my blood. Please,’ she looked up at him, talking over his objections ‘I cannot get any more unwell and in any case the doctor seems to think that I am far too sanguine for my own good. Please… please…’ she hadn’t noticed that in their exchanges she had become closer to him, so close to him in fact that William may have taken note. Her eyes prickled with tears as he looked at her, but she refused to cry, she had had enough of crying. ‘I love you…’ she breathed, the thought escaping her before she could stop it, before he could scorn her or shun her for saying something foolish again.

Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am

Alexander waited upstairs for a moment whilst his guests were being led into the main reception room, William was stood a little way away in one of the smaller first floor guest rooms, inspecting himself in the mirror and meticulously arranging his cravat. One of the hand maids rushed up to greet Alexander and to inform him on what he already knew. “We shall be down in just a moment.” He smiled at the older woman and gestured for William to follow him down the stairs and to where his guests were seated.  He noted everyone in the room but his attention was drawn immediately to his fiancée. “Good evening.” He nodded with a kind smile towards Antonia as he sat with her; happy that there had been no immediate passive hostilities. His attention was quickly turned to Antonia’s father who wanted to talk finances. It was a part of living the life of someone else to research what the other person should know so naturally Alexander found it easy enough to reflect off of what her father said and sound knowledgeable. Alexander wasn’t interested in finances of modern England; the only real finance he understood or had any interest in was that of his own estate; it being of the upmost importance for him to keep records of his spending. But Alexander was, like the rest of the room, now watching his good friend and Josiah meeting. William gave a fairly gripped handshake and smiled warmly to his new acquaintance “Well, commander Curnrow, you must sit with me and have a drink!” William had a good feeling about this young man and sat at the farther and of the table and had a handmaid bring them round after round of drinks, after a few William had hardly noticed that several courses had passed; not having an appetite to try and blend in to the civilised routine. Alexander looked down towards the food with a mild hint of discomfort, he hated to eat food, but looking around at his guests he knew he was going to have to practically clear his plate for each course; he didn’t want them to feel uncomfortable in his home. He looked to Antonia and had a feeling that she was looking at the food similarly.

Once the conversation turned from trivial events to the wedding, Alexander seemed to be paying a little more attention tough he didn’t have any plans to contribute to it’s arrangement, merely pay for the service and anything else that Antonia’s family desired. However he saw a look in Antonia’s eye, a look that made him invariably nervous, a little on edge. “A… church? Well wouldn’t you say that was a little dull and overdone?” He leant onto the table to look at her with a more careful stare, she knew exactly what she was saying and of course in front of all her family it would be a brilliant idea to have a Christian service. “Indeed…” Alexander practically sighed; hoping Antonia had had her fun.

“Oh Josiah old chap! A church?! But I hate churches, I really do… what is your sister thinking with a church?” It was clear that the two young men at the end of the table had had more than one too many to drink, William had been drinking a far stronger whiskey that Josiah but they seemed just as intoxicated as each other, William having to grip the table in order to avoid slipping into a plate of desert in front of him. Alexander rolled his eyes in mock disappointment; he would have much rather been in the two men’s shoes than his own, the prospect of getting blind-drunk more appealing by the minute, but his mind was quickly changed as he felt the hand of his fiancée on his leg, he turned to look towards Antonia, his face as equally expressionless but inside he was smiling. Things were going very well. But it seemed dinner was over as William and Josiah stood, and stumbled in all sorts of directions in order to get towards the main foyer. William had to grip Josiah’s shoulders as he creeched. “Oh-hoh! Yes! Come my young friend we must take the night for our own!” Alexander laughed at his companion’s behaviour and practically encouraged it at he said farewell to Mrs Curnrow and her daughters, grinning at Emily’s outspoken nature before shaking the hand of Antonia’s father warmly. “I am very much looking forward to it Mr. Curnrow, it would be a pleasure to have a good shot by my side.”  He said goodbye to him before turning to Antonia, taking her hand. “You’re family were wonderful guests, I think William and Josiah were the entertainment so I guess my hosting was not on par... but we shouldn’t dwell for too long, come.”  Alexander led Antonia into one of the smaller rooms, the music room where they had played the piano together earlier in the season. He was quite comfortable in the silence but her questions were different to the ones before and made him want to answer honestly and get Antonia to understand who and what he was. “Yes, in a sense.” “Can I hear your thoughts? Not exactly, we are not connected in that way.”  Alexander stood at the piano besides his fiancée and was thinking about the gifts his curse had given him over the years, new physical abilities that had been opened up to him when Antonia spoke. “I don’t need to eat…” Alexander walked to sit on the small sofa on the opposite side of the room, he looked towards Antonia and her being as close as she was, he wanted to interrupt her, he wasn’t sure that she did fully understand “Antonia…” He was cut short by her hand against his cheek. “I cannot!” Alexander blatantly refused, trying desperately to talk over her justifications but eventually let her speak. “Antonia, please, you do not understand…” He gently took her by the hands and sat her beside him, her hands still in his. “What you are offering is… without words, but in a magnificent way… but I cannot accept it, please listen to me now.” He took a breath for a moment but continued quietly. “Having me taking your blood wouldn’t be right, for a start it would hurt you, and you have suffered enough pain… secondly where would I even begin?… I couldn’t take your blood from any exposed point, what if your family saw the mark?” He sighed. “It seems to have far too many consequences.” He could have continued for hours but her final words seemed to resonate her true feeling. “You really want me to do this?” He spoke softly, the thought of what he was about to do, harrowing. “In that case, I will see you later this evening. Don’t worry about that now, you should be getting home.” And taking his fiancée by the hand, led her towards a carriage for her to return home. Still in the dark shadow of the large doorway, Alexander’s lips pressed gently against Antonia’s cheek and then gently brushed her lips; a hand around her waist to keep her close. It was the braying of the horses that reminded him there was a carriage waiting to take her away, Alexander’s hand felt by his side as he walked her to the carriage, helping her in he whispered. “Leave your window open, just a touch.”Closing the carriage door he took a step back and watched it drive away.

Without William to break up the silence in the manor all Alexander could do was wait. He would have to wait several hours before he could be sure that her family would be asleep. He decided that it would be best to change, his newest dress clothes being incredibly stiff and quite impractical. The time spent waiting seemed to drag on, Alexander paced through the manor, taking various routes around the many rooms; a part of him didn’t want to go to Antonia , she didn’t understand the implications of what was to be done . But he had to try for her sake. “Perhaps…” He mused aloud “I am letting nerves get the better of me.”  But it was soon time to leave, and mounting one of the smaller, less distinct horses he rode to Antonia’s estate, hoping she had left her window open an inch like he had asked.

Considering the terrible weather the countryside had been having, the evening was dark and crisp yet surprisingly calm. There was no rain or any sign of a storm; the night was clear and only the wind rusting the remainder of the summer leaves interrupted the fading birdsong, it being replaced by the sound of crickets chirping in the overgrown fields nearby. Alexander rode towards Antonia’s estate but left his horse a far distance away, walking the duration to look up at her opened window. He climbed the wall quietly and peering into the half lit room saw his fiancée half asleep. “Antonia.” He spoke quietly, not wanting to startle her or wake anyone nearby. He didn’t know how to approach things from then on so stood in the middle of the room as if he wanted Antonia to suggest a course of action, but he was being foolish. Instead Alexander walked to sit at her side on her bed and taking both of her hands in his he whispered. “We… do not have to do this, at least not tonight. I love you, I do not want to you doing anything you have doubts about.” But he was consoled by her answer. “Here is fine, I your blood will not be spilt.” It felt unavoidably strange to be talking about preying on a human like he was, with his fiancée. Of course with William Alexander had seen several vampires who kept humans as companions who had undoubtedly admired them and ran away to be with them, in order to have a constant supply of fresh blood without having to leave a trail of bodies; but it felt to foreign for him to be doing this; William teaching him the thrill of the chase and kill. “If you could just…” He gestured for Antonia to turn around on the bed. “This will hurt, and undoubtedly leave well… a mark.” He moved Antonia’s hair from the back of her neck and kissed the spot he was about to bite. “I love you Antonia.” He then quickly bit into her skin, piercing it almost instantly. He could feel her body tense, but with her blood coursing into his mouth he found himself momentarily unaware of the pain he must have been causing her, but he quickly stopped and as he tilted his head away the blood flow didn’t continue; instead leaving an incredibly sore looking bite mark on her neck. Alexander couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of shame that came over him. The rush of pleasure and energy was balanced by guilt, he could see the pain in her eyes, past the teary smiles.   
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:08 am

Antonia listened to his many excuses, she could tell that they were hollow, she could see a spark in his eyes that ignited at the very thought of it. “Having me taking your blood wouldn’t be right, for a start it would hurt you, and you have suffered enough pain… secondly where would I even begin?… I couldn’t take your blood from any exposed point, what if your family saw the mark?” she paused, looking into his eyes before sighing, looking out towards the darkness that consumed the outside world through the safety of the glass window. ‘Pain, I have been feeling constant pain ever since I was a child. My body is weak enough to desert me, but strong enough to go on.’ She stood, feeling the skin of her hands loosely clinging to the bone that she had been reduced to.“You really want me to do this?” ‘Surely if anyone would have to suffer for this ungodly obsession, it ought to be me.’ Her tone was slightly sad, as if she regretted ever knowing him. There was a short pause before his answer came. Finally submission. She was led to the grand door of the main house before being pulled in close to the man she thought she knew. He leaned into her and she caught her breath, not daring to give away the essence of her life to him. At his final command, she bade him farewell, having the carriage ride home to contemplate her actions.

It was eerily quiet when she arrived back to her home, her sisters evidently being sent to bed and her mother and father obviously having swiftly following them. With no sign of Josiah, and with a probable lack of his presence until at least tomorrow noon, she was met by her handmaiden with a candlestick for each of them. Once in her room, she began to feel the heat which often came upon her on an evening. Slipping into her short nightgown, her bare feet padded across the wooden floors of her room. Despite Alexander’s instructions, she pulled her window wide open, letting the cold night air and the rain through. She stood there, in the window for a time, the rain falling through with the wind and soaking her nightgown, the white cotton sticking to her dark skin, revealing her sickly frame. She couldn’t recall the time she’d spent waiting in the window, but by the time she came around, her feet were stood in a pool of water. Coming to her senses, she pulled the window down onto the latch, crawling into bed, now sodden and feeling sorry for herself. She was hot, far too hot, but wasn’t about to wake anyone. Her hair was sticking to her forehead through the fever induced sweat and she began to hallucinate, slipping in and out of consciousness. When she woke once more, she found herself startlingly dry, the floor equally so. Perhaps it had been a hallucination, a foreshadowing of things to come. Perhaps the man standing in the room was a hallucination as well; perhaps all of this was a sickness induced nightmare. But no, he was real, it was apparent when he spoke. “We… do not have to do this, at least not tonight. I love you, I do not want to you doing anything you have doubts about.” his speech was seemingly in full concern for her, but she knew otherwise, somewhere inside her head she could feel him, could feel his eagerness, his hunger for her blood. ‘Tell me what I should do. Where should I be?’ she found her hand against his cheek, her voice colder than she had expected it to be, making her gesture seem empty. She turned when he told her to, regretting not being able to read his eyes anymore. Bracing herself for the pain, she closed her eyes as his cold hand brushed against the back of her neck. His whispered words caught her off guard, the unimaginable pain of having searing heat pierce her skin and drain her of life, her life. She bit her lip, promising herself she would not cry, she would not let him see her pain. After a moment, the pain drained away, a strange feeling came over her, the heat she had once felt in her neck reached her chest, gnawing at her heart, when she thought it would become almost unbearable, it stopped, as suddenly as it had begun and with a gasp, she opened her eyes. Her slender fingers of her left hand had dug themselves into the flesh of his leg, the other grasping onto her sheets.
The feelings she was receiving were not her own, she didn’t know how she was feeling, elated perhaps, perhaps she was in shock. Slowly turning to see his face, her hands not releasing the hold they had, she realised her expression mush have shocked him. The lack of feeling, lack of human emotion in her eyes must have been evident. ‘You are a strange creature.’ She breathed, lifting finally her delicate knuckles to stroke his face once more. ‘You feel guilt for causing me discomfort, but are devoid of it for draining my equal of their future.’ She smiled, the tears threatening to break through, tears for him, for his pain rather than hers. She leaned into him, laying her forehead against his, her skin trembling from being so close to the power he held. ‘We are to be married. If you hold on to this guilt, it will eat you inside.’ With no more than a whisper to be heard, she kissed him, feeling the passion inside of him, tasting her own blood on his cold lips galvanized her, her hands wondering to his chest, pushing him back and kissing him deeper before suddenly pulling away. ‘Go home.’ Her bluntness scared herself. ‘I cannot… control my own temperament this late in the evening. Go home Alexander.’

Once again left with her own feelings, she thought of the mark on her neck, sanding to catch a glimpse of it in the mirror. He had the courtesy to mark her low on her spine so it would not be shown through her attire, however she knew that the doctor would some way or another have to examine her again, she was always a sickly child and now nearing adulthood it had become cumbersome. She devised a clever plot to keep herself from suspicion, but more importantly, keep her fiancée from the suspicion of the townsfolk.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:59 am

Alexander left his fiancée to her, he was not accustomed to drinking from somebody and letting them live; it had felt as if he had only a drop of Antonia’s blood. As he climbed down from her window he thanked his newfound restraint that would not have been too easy to muster if she had met him only a few years ago, but it was only a decade ago that he and William had been wandering the streets of Rhode Island New England playing the roles of wealthy immigrant artisans. It had been a violent year there, for them and the locals. It was only after a string of brutally murdered young men and women were being found in one of the local rivers that William and Alexander were chased out of town, after it took them several months of hiding in undergrowth and country before being able to get passage back to Europe, Alexander mustered a new found appreciation for restraint, or he at least tried to. The wind was picking up but his home was in sight. As usual he walked past the small outbuilding that housed the gardeners and stable hands but there was no one outside working, normally the clang of a hammer or rattling of chains could be heard, even into the late night. He could see the lights were on but there wasn’t a sound. He would have blamed it on the weather if his recently increased senses didn’t pick up a faint murmur, a whisper even. He now thought that something peculiar was happening and hurried back to the house where without a doubt there was a commotion. William had held by the scruff of his neck a younger boy; he couldn’t have been past the age of seventeen. “Look who I found in the maid’s quarters…” William chuckled grimly as the boy whimpered. Alexander looked the boy up and down with a stern and unforgiving stare. “And pray, what did you find him doing there?” Before William could begin to speak the young boy began to writhe and apologise incessantly without a breath between his speeches and begs, his face going pinker and pinker. A grin finally overwhelmed Alexander as he stepped forward, the fear in the younger boy’s eyes meant that he knew his master to be more than just stern, the rumours of the deaths in surrounding villages, the previous Earl, they were beginning to catch up with them.

“Let the boy go Mr. Bennett.” William looked at Alexander, slightly aghast but let his fingers curl away from the boy’s collar. “Now, see that you stay in the outhouses where you are meant to be before I really show you the meaning of-” Alexander was cut off by the timid interruption of a maid. “A letter came for you sir, a rider in the night… he did not say…” The gardener’s boy had run off by now giving Alexander a moment to think. “What do you mean? No… don’t bother, just give me the letter” Opening it quickly, he and William made their way into the lower reading room and sat, Alexander’s expression became grim. “This isn’t good.” William already had a feeling. “Is it from Paris?” “Yes, and they are blaming us for the events that took place, that Antonia had led her brother into our meeting.” “What if she had?” William remarked. “You cannot rule out that she had told him.” Alexander crumpled the letter. “She had no idea, you cannot question that, but this isn’t the worst of the news, it would appear that they seek to ‘question’ Antonia’s methods more thoroughly, more personally.” William laughed “They’ll kill her, snap her neck like the sparrow’s leg it is.” “I know,” Mumbled Alexander. “That is why the wedding must be brought forward; they cannot lay a finger on her if she is pronounced my companion.”

The night was long and thoughtless, he couldn’t think of a way to reasonably suggest the wedding being any sooner, he would have to hope that the others would not make a move until they had a more formulated plan. Though he did know a few of his brothers and sisters had short tempers and quick fingers. He was stuck. But the night fell into day and the masquerade had to continue. A tailor came around early in the morning, some young fellow sent from London to take measurements, though Alexander was not particularly interested about what he was to wear; he had to think of subtle hints when Antonia and family came for tea that afternoon. It then struck him as the tailor left that he hadn’t given a single thought to Antonia’s well being that night. He had drank from her and practically forgotten the whole event, it was so second nature to him that it had slipped his mind. There was a heavy sinking feeling in his stomach. He felt monstrous for forgetting so easily, for causing her so much pain and only being concerned with his own gratification. He stood on the stairs; the feeling of regret that overcame him reminded him of the first time he had fed from a human by choice. William had stood over him whilst he had held the woman at the precipice of death; finally realising that there was no need to gulp and gorge on the blood, simply letting the weakening heart push the blood into his mouth silently, without a drop spilt; it was a work of art. But it was only looking down at the lifeless body of his meal that left him feeling sick and cold; he had taken a life; a mother, sister and daughter. He shook at the thought of how easily he could have lost control over his hunger and killed Antonia in mere minutes; he body too weak to fight him off; the villainous predator he was. It was then he had made the promise to never feed from her again, he couldn’t risk it; he was still young.

William had ventured off to one of the music rooms when the Curnrow family arrived and Alexander was already sat in the reception room and stood when they entered. “Good afternoon.” He kissed Antonia’s mother’s hand and shook her father’s hand before noticing Antonia wasn’t acting the way he had expected most unusual he thought to himself but her change in expression stopped him from continuing his thought. It was as if she had been turned overnight, on the precipice of life and death at the same time; she was still human, she had her mortality, but there was something different. But he had to distance the thought. “How are your preparations Mr and Mrs Curnrow? I trust all is going smoothly? I have managed to arrange a meeting with the minister you requested.”
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top