Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

2 posters

:: Roleplay :: Roleplay

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 3 Empty Re: Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

Post  Rosé Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:01 am

Alexander Francis Granville
The Earl of Rochester
Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 3 Lucien12
❝ quiet● intelligent ● adventurous ● passionate ● hot - tempered❞

Alexander spent the rest of the evening waiting for the maids to retire to their quarters and the stable boys to leave, he had found a small speck of blood on his shirt from Antonia and had to leave soon but it would have to be late before he did anything. Fortunately the time quickly came for Alexander to go out to the nearest village, he couldn’t help it, he had to feed and was becoming far too weak to search far. A couple miles down the road, robed and his hair shadowing his face Alexander found a small hamlet of houses and climbed towards an open window, luck was with him as a young woman lay asleep; her chest slowly rising and falling. He entered the room without a single sound, stood over the woman he tilted her head to the side and leant into her neck, his sharpened teeth sinking into her throat, he felt her jolt as pain ran through her body but it was too late to scream for help, he had drained the life from her, her dark brown eyes full of panic returned to rest, she looked peaceful again. Alexander didn’t stay long, he fled back to his Gelding and rode off into the night.

He returned in the early morning and returned straight room, ordering all of the maids to not allow Antonia near his room and say he had gone for most of the day. He slept for hours but he was assured that Antonia would be well kept with the maids and with William out of town for a few days he wouldn’t be bothering her. He had awoken by the mid afternoon full of new life. Washed and dressed Alexander went to look for Antonia, he was sure she would be inside the house, though he didn’t know quite what to say, he felt foolish about the evening before. He hadn’t found her and decided to stop by his Library, larger than the small den there were many placed to sit and read or work. Alexander sat by the window and began to flick the pages of a small dark green book, getting engrossed quickly.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 3 2410
+there is more to me than the eye see's+
+it doesn't mean that i'm more docile+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

https://heartsofpureice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 3 Empty Re: Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend

Post  Outrageous. Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:38 pm

LIFE IS NEVER EASY FOR THOSE WHO DREAM
there is no cure for curiosity
Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 3 Ania11
{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia had breakfast alone. Infact, she was left alone for most of the day. After breakfast, Antonia decided that she would return to her room and rifle through the things her father had brought for her. She walked past the empty stand that once held the glass decanter. Maid were on their hands and knees clearing up the mess, scrubbing the floors. The rug had been removed, and she assumed, was outside being scrubbed and beaten. Once back in the room she had been assigned, she began to look through her things. It came across to her quite peculiar that in her time at his house, Antonia had only met one male house servant, and she was sure that he was more used to working outside. She dismissed the thought, knowing only that female servants were infact cheaper to keep.

Through the things her father had bought her she found: Her nightdress; three extra day dresses; an evening dress, probably suggested by her mother; her hand mirror and hairbrush; some looser corsets that probably belonged to Elizabeth and a letter. Antonia piced up the sealed letter and opened it with her small finger, bringing her handkercheif up to her mouth to cough.

Dearest Antonia
as you can expect mother is thrilled to have you ill and stay at the Earl's house
Linette less so, she insists that there is something wrong about the two gentlemen that were invited to dinner.
Father is pained you are ill and i'm positive that Emily hasn't noticed your absence yet.
You know her, too wrapped up in her own life.
A letter has been sent to Oliver to inform him of your illness, no doubt he is too busy to visit,
However I shall be visiting within a few days.
Hoping you are well,
Elizabeth x

Antonia replaced the letter where it was, smiling with familiarity. She assumed that Elizabeth would be visiting that day, and more the better if the Earl was out, and especially good if William had crawled back in a hole somewhere. She stood, deciding she would have to visit George.

She found her way out to the stables pretty quickly, finding George even more so. 'Little Miss!' He called out, waving, a few men turned to look at her, some just carried on with their work. George ran over and embraced Antonia warmly, quickly letting go of her when she coughed. He held her out by the shoulders. 'Look at you! I knew you were here when my boy brought your Gelding back. Oh miss! Been swimming?' she laughed which ended in a cough. 'Oh, don't answer me, come inside, this damn cold'll only get'y worse. Come'n' He guided her into a small hut where the tack was held. Small however was an understatement, it was larger than hers, with a wash basin and a staircase. He sat her down on a table in the middle of the room. 'Gon on then miss. Tell us what happened, we can only listen to the stuff the maids tell us, and they're all lying whores anyways. Go on.' Antonia laughed a little 'Okay, well, when I was younger, my brothers tied a swing to an over-hanging branch over the river, they used to push me on it. I found it the day I was riding and decided to...' 'Father. Where did you keep the... Oh, sorry.' A young man came down the stairs loudly, carrying some horse shoes and a towel. He was tall, with ruffled light red and a dirty face. Despite all this, he was beautiful. He blushed on noticing Antonia. 'Heh... I didn't know you had company dad.' He ruffled the back of his hair with his hand and held a sheepish grin. 'Oh! 'enry! This is the little miss who's Gelding you went to fetch the other day, you remember? Little miss this is my son 'enry. He's a good lad, despite how mucky he gets.' Antonia stood up and curtseyed. Henry came down the last remaining stairs and put down the things he was carrying. 'Yeah, you're the miss that the master went and jumped in the water for.' Antonia's eyes opened a bit wider. 'He... what?' George laughed 'Oh quiet boy! You're confusing 'er! Neer mind 'im miss, 'enry! Get 'er a bladdy drink will ya?' Henry nodded, still a bit shy and ran back upstairs to get her something.

Antonia wartched Henry go back upstairs, George was watching her with a sparkle in his eye as usual. 'You know, e's a bit of a scamp our 'enry. Get into anythin if you let 'im.' he paused as Antonia turned slowly back round to look at him. 'Ee can show you around a bit if ya like? The grounds and that? ERE! 'ENRY!' The boy came carefully back down the stairs again with a hand over a mug of something 'Yes?' he handed the mug shakily to Antonia. She took it, and could tell by the warmth that it was ale. 'Take miss around a bit. She's bored out of her skulls.' Henry looked a bit taken aback by the statment 'But... I...I've got th...th...things t...to do!' George waved his hand haphazardly about 'Nah, i'll get Larry to do that. Just go out, take er, but don't let er get cold mind! Or i'll ave ya!' Henry nodded a little before turning around he stood by the door and looked over his shoulder to her 'Come on then.' She stood back up again and hurried after him.

It was soon evident that Henry was a hard worker, he picked up barrels on their way around and moved them out of the way, he spoke to the horses and the other workers, but rarely to her. She found him very atractive, but didn't say anything, something like guilt building up inside of her. 'Do you ride the horses on the estate Henry?' she asked the man who was trailing infront of her, he turned 'M...me? Oh yeah, I have to d..d...do it every s...sun...s..s..s... weekend.' he took a deep breath and turned back around. Antonia smiled to herself,. either she was making him nervous, or he had a speech imprdiment. She trotted to catch up with him, grabbing his arm and walking alsongside him. This made him jump. 'Did you break in my gelding?' he looked down to her and smiled meekly 'Uh ye...yeah. I d...d...d... argh!' he exclaimed in fustration with not being able to talk. 'Sorry I...' he sighed unhappily bringing his hands to his face. Antonia was quite shocked at howhe reacted to himself.
'Oh... Oh no don't worry! It doesn't matter! Shh! Henry! It's okay!' Henry looked down to her with his large brown eyes 'No its not though, ugh, I just get s..s...so nervous a..ar..aro...around pretty girls li...like you... It just makes it worse...' he trailed off unhappily. Antonia smiled, he was sweet, goodlooking, and humble, she hadn't met a man like him before. But it was probably due to the factthat all the men she met were rich. They were out around the front of the house on the gravel now. Antonia turned to stand infront of him 'You are possibly the nicest person I have ever met. There's no need to be nervous.' She then stood up high on her toes and kissed his cheek. When she stood bak down again, he was smiling. Such a warm comforting smile he had. 'You best be g...getting back in miss, my master's back.' he signalled over to a carriage. 'Oh... yes.' she smiled and left him. When she reached the top step by the door she turned her head to glance back down at him. He was still standing there, his hands in his pockets, waiting to make sure she got in alright.

She got back in the house, leaning on the closed door with a smile on her face. A maid came up to her 'Where were you? My master is back, he has been looking for you.' 'I have been...' Antonia started coughing violently, her chest feeling torn. 'I have been out. If your master will not aknowledge my existance then I should find someone else that will.' she was in a good mood, and therefore, willing to say anything she wanted. 'He's in his library. I suggest you see him.' the maid said Antonia smiled cattily to her before making her way to the library. She couldn't imagine ever being able to see Alexander in the same having meeting Henry, but that all changed when she saw him. He was sat by the window, just reading. He looked warmer than usual. And more perfect than anything. With Henry she felt comfort and love, but with him... It sent her stomach doing convulsions every time she saw him, her heart palpatating and er mind clouding. She coughed quietly to announce her presence. She walked in, a little happier than usual due to the warm ale. She walked over to the window and stood there, waiting for him to aknowledge her.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

Blood Lines ~ Rosé + Cinderella's Girlfriend - Page 3 Don_t_10
+they say curiosity killed the cat+
+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/jivey3

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander grew a little restless when he had been waiting for a while, the book he had taken from one of the shelves didn’t captivate him, and instead he stood for a moment looking out of the first story window for a while. Looking out over his sun bathed grounds he caught sight of Antonia, he watched her carefully as she was arm in arm with one of the stable boys. A pain shot through Alexander as he watched them, he didn’t understand but felt as if someone had run him through. He looked away from the window, pacing the Library for a moment, Alexander often felt a sense of jealousy, but never over a young woman; they had always been mere objects to him, ones that kept him alive physically, never emotionally. But now he felt that burning pain in his chest, that of Jealousy. Why was she arm in arm with another man? More so, why was she arm in arm with a stable boy? It frustrated him greatly but he sat back down and took a deep breath in and re opened the book, he wasn’t going to let that small outburst to get to him. He became engrossed again all was silent until the door of the library creaked open, he didn’t look up, nor when Antonia coughed. Only when she was close to him did she look up to her, he showed little expression; cold. He closed the book, leaving it on the small mahogany table and stood. “I apologise for not seeing you this morning, I had received urgent call to one of the hamlets a few miles down the road, you see...” He trailed off. “That is not important...I trust you kept yourself in good company.” Alexander looked out of the window briefly “I must excuse myself; I have a great deal of work to be getting on with.” Alexander walked to Library door, looking back briefly before taking the next flight of stairs to his study, closing that door behind him. He had to control himself; he wanted to go down to the stables and rip the young stable boy’s throat out himself but knew that he couldn’t. He would have to wait until William returned from London. Evening quickly came and Alexander seated himself at the dining table, he often skipped meals but had to regularly show to at least one, in fear of suspicion. Though, as always he was quiet when eating, rarely looking up from his plate.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:55 pm

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia was shocked by his cold reception, so much so that she actually showed her confusion. She soon relaxed when he spoke though. “I apologise for not seeing you this morning, I had received urgent call to one of the hamlets a few miles down the road, you see...” She hung on his every word. “That is not important...I trust you kept yourself in good company.” He looked out to the window, and at that exact moment, she knew what had happened. “I must excuse myself; I have a great deal of work to be getting on with.” She watched him leave, her heart stopping as she realised what she had done. She waited a moment, feeling slightly faint, before following after him. She ran up the stairs, slipping over on the hem of her skirts, her hair falling from her ribbons. She burst into the room, her eyes tearing up, her hair dishevveled and her heart beating. 'It didn't mean anything.' she said, the words seeming to explode from her mouth. 'Don't hurt him. He... he's the only person to show me any kind of affection since... since...' she felt confused and hurt and incredably out of place. 'Alexander. I...' she hadn't noticed that she had been stepping closer to him. She coughed, it was a brutal cough. Being outside did nothing good for her, and the ale definately clouded her head. She doubled over with the pain in her chest as she coughed. It stopped eventually. Her hair had fallen over her face. She was shaking, but not crying, she refused to cry infront of him. 'Hate me if you wish.' She looked up at him defiantly before turning to leave.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:31 pm

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander didn’t look up from his desk; his hand had paused over the piece of paper, ink dripping. He didn’t reply to Antonia’s desperation, he stayed silent his hand trembling a little. He couldn’t look her in the eye. As Antonia turned to leave he looked up, his hand moving to take her by the wrist, but she was too far away. Alexander turned back to his desk as the door closed and grabbed the pot of ink, looking at his faint reflection; pained. Grasping the pot tightly it smashed in his hand, grabbing a fist full of paper Alexander threw it across the room, ink stained it fell gently to the floor. He looked down to his right hand and ink stained and dripping blood he began to get angry. He had let someone in with his guard partially down, a mortal no less and they took advantage. Alexander threw the study door open and stormed down the stairs to the main foyer where he pushed throw maids, sending them flying to the floor. He broke the hinges of the maid’s quarter door and was hit by the cool evening air, he ran down to the stables. Throwing his coat to the floor, his hair falling from its sapphire blue ribbon Alexander shouted out. “George!” His voice echoed violently throughout the stables, George came within moment, “Y..yes M’lord?” He said meekly. Alexander was too frustrated to talk. “Damn it, I’ll do it myself!” He pushed George out of the way and pulled out the Black Gelding that he had gifted Antonia and saddled it. In no time at all he had mounted and without another word he had rode past the stable house and out into the fields, his loose hair dancing behind him in the brisk wind.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:45 pm

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia walked to her room, throwing herself on her bed and crying into the pillow. She wanted him to reach out, to take her in his arms, to tell her it was okay. But that's not what he was like. That was what Henry was like. She stood up and left her room, walking out into the cold night. She walked past the stables, where everyone seemed to be flustered. She kept on walking past the outhouses until a figure ran out of a barn, doing up his belt, he didn't see her and ran straight into her, knocking her to the floor. She sat there in the mud The tears welled up in her eyes and she couldn't help it any longer.

Henry looked down at little miss that he had, met earlier in the day. 'Oh my g... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to knock you o...over little miss. Are you... are you crying?' he dropped to his knees with her in the dirt, wrapping his arms around her and rocking ehr gently. 'Shhhhh... shhh don't cry miss, i'm s...s...s... I didn't mean it... shhhh.' she grabbed onto his shirt crying.

Antonia lay back on Henry in the barn. He looked up at the tin roof, lying on the straw was where he was when he had nothing to do. 'I'll kill him' he muttered, his hands behind his head. 'No you can't Henry!' Antonia gasped, rolling over to look down at his laid -back attitude. 'Well he can't be allowed to frighten little girls like that.' Antonia frowned 'I'm not a little girl. I can look after myself Henry. Now leave him alone.' Henry huffed. Looking up to Antonia's eyes with his dark brown ones, so kind and loving. He had a peice of straw in his mouth as he reached up to stroke her face with the back of his hand 'I'll look after you. You'll never have to need for anything again.' She turned away from his touch, rolling onto the hay next to him and staring out into the night. She was frightened. Not of Alexander. But that she might loose him, or loose the only person that was willing to love her. Henry

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:23 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander kept riding until his eyes were sore from the wind. He didn’t want to go back to his manor, there was nothing there he wanted. The day had reminded him of how he didn’t fit well to the upper class society; he was too used to the underbelly of London to hold his nerve when angry. He had found himself riding back to the tree by the river where Antonia had fallen in. Part of him wished he had turned away when he had found her; the pain he would be feeling now would have disappeared. But he still longed to hold her close, stroke her hair and kiss her skin. He was conflicted. Dismounting the horse and tying it to the tree Alexander sat against it in the damp grass, his hands running through his own hair. For all he knew she could have ran off with the stable boy and it would be his fault. He felt terrible, sat in the shadows he trembled with guilt.

He sat there for hours, not moving, only the sound of the wind and the gelding braying accompanying him, it was very late and he was getting a little colder, he would have to get back soon, he had calmed down now. And needed to apologise to Antonia. He didn’t feeling like riding back, he lead the horse beside him, trailing through the mud he couldn’t care less, he needed to find her.

The manor was in sight now and Alexander’s lower half was sufficiently drenched and covered in mud he walked through the grounds and towards the stables where he handed the horse over to a stable boy and began to walk around the lodgings and quarters for Antonia, he began to whistle to himself, eerie in the silence. He looked up to the tall barn but turned back to the house, assuming she had gone inside. The manor was far warmer than outside, he took to the stair, wondering if she had gone into her room. Leaving muddy trails behind himself Alexander took to the stairs.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:03 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia climbed down the wooden rungs to the floor. 'He wont make you happy Antonia. You'll never understand him.' She didn't reply to Henry's jelous cries. Antonia walked back through the mud and the dirt, past the stables and into the house. She took off her shoes, and then her underskirts, dropping them to the floor before climing the stairs and putting on her nightdress. She pulled her hair around the side to plait it before sitting on the bed.

She had no idea how long she'd been sitting there staring into space, but when the knock came, she knew it was him. She said nothing, having managed to work herself up into a state. She bit her tounge when he came in the room, but when he said nothing, wild horses couldn't have held her back. 'How dare you just... just sit there and ignore me. I try to apologise for something I have no cause to apologise for, and you don't even aknowledge my existance.' She stood up, looking right through him, directing all her anger at both him and William at him now. 'I never asked you to jump in and save me. You should have just let me drown. How dare you assume that I even wanted to be saved by such a narcotic lowlife like you!' she was advancing on him quickly, shouting and getting herself even more riled. 'I don't believe that you even... that you even have the nerve to make me feel bad about something like that! I'm not yours, I am my own and it is my own buisness whom I choose to accompany me. Are you just going to stand there? Why are you so silent? Say something!' she paused before crying out in rage and slapping him hard across the cheek.

Antonia breathed in and out heavily, her hand throbbing from hitting him. She said nothing, just looking at him, her eyes glazed over with tears . His hair was loose, shadowing his face. He didn't say a word, just standing there and taking whatever unreasonable thing she had to say. Hesitantly, she raised her hand, slowly, up to his face. She paused just before touching him. She had often wondered what he looked like when his hair wasn't dragged back into a ribbon. but now, standing before her, he looked so helpless, like a child that had been shouted at by their mother when they hadn't done anything wrong. She realised then, that he hadn't done anything wrong. He was jelous, of her and Henry, that she kissed some other man, however innocent it was. She brused his hair out of the way, so she could see his face, looking up to his eyes and moving closer into him. Her body was pressed up against his. 'Alexander...' she breathed, laying her head against his chest.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:58 am

The Earl of Rochester

'I don't believe that you even... that you even have the nerve to make me feel bad about something like that! I'm not yours, I am my own and it is my own business whom I choose to accompany me. Are you just going to stand there? Why are you so silent? Say something!' Alexander’s head was turned a little from Antonia’s hit, where her hand had made contact stung and tingled, if only for a moment; the red mark soon faded and he looked to Antonia, he didn’t look angry or in spite anymore. Her touch however made him flinch a little, he expected to be hit again, he felt like he deserved it. Though her touch was soft, forgiving even.

As Antonia moved back his hair he looked her in the eye. 'Alexander...' He let out a small breath, looking down to woman he had secretly cherished and was foolish enough to shun. He stood there in the middle of her room in silence for a while, their breaths in time. Looking down to Antonia he ran a finger along her neck, up to her chin, leaning her head up to face him. He looked her in the eye, he didn’t smile but in his eyes was a genuine feeling of relief. He leant down into her, pausing moments from her lips. His free hand caught a hold of one of Antonia’s and their lips brushed, if only for a brief second, he paused so close to her. He kissed her again, softly.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

[center]Her head was against his masculine chest, their breathing in sync, like she was made to fit with him. She had no idea how long she was standing there before he touched her. His fingers lightly dragging across her skin, bringing her face up to look at him. His silvery eyes searching her face, he then focused on her eyes. Her pulse quickened and she felt faint, but not in a bad way. She was exited, and scared both at the same time, anxious and elated, nervous and relieved. He leant into her, her back arched backward, not knowing what was going on. Then, just as she was about to pull away agin for fear of shame on her part, he reached down and entwined his fingers in hers. She stopped, only to feel his lips against hers. He was gentle, and hesitant, but still went in again to kiss her for the second time.

Antonia turned her head to the other side, closing her eyes and bringing her other hand to his face. She kissed him back gently before pulling away and kissing his jaw, then, resting her head in the nape of his neck. 'Alexander.' she breathed, staying there for a moment before pulling away. She turned away from him, planning on sitting on her bed, but her hand was still in his. She paused, turning and smiling. 'It is late... and I must sleep.'

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:30 am

The Earl of Rochester

The mere notion that Antonia hadn’t pushed him away, repulsed sent a jolt of excitement through him. He watched her as she tried to talk to her bed, but he held her hand a little tighter, not wanting her to leave, or making him have to leave. “Very well, it is quite late.” His voice had an heir of genuine happiness and his eyes glinted gold in the candlelight; he was caught in the moment. “Goodnight, Miss Curnrow.” Releasing her hand Alexander walked to the door, opening it he looked behind to see Antonia, he had only realised what she had been wearing. The small nightgown he hadn’t noticed before, when she was hurt he was far too worried about cleaning her up but now he was taken aback a little by it, it was something that was seen in the brothels of London and Milan but on Antonia it seemed, so innocent, pure. He nodded to Antonia again with a smile before closing the door and taking in a deep breath and walking down the corridor.

Walking towards his chamber Alexander quickly remembered the state he was in. Waking a maid to run him a bath, Alexander undressed and puzzlingly thought of William, it was good for William to get back into London, he drank his fill and burnt away allot of energy. But he only wondered when he would return, he could be a few days to a few years, it all depended on if he fancied taking yet another wife. Stepping into the warm waters Alexander closed his eyes, feeling cleaner already, the sun would very soon be rising, he saw no need to sleep; he could go a few days without it.
So instead of getting ready to sleep Alexander dressed again and walked the few maids that had began their duties, cleaning, dusting and preparing breakfast. Down in the main foyer Alexander walked to a large pair of white patio doors in the den and opened them out he sat in the morning sun when he caught sight of the stable boy from yesterday, he sat back in his chair smiled over to him: as much as he tried to resist, a little smug.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:47 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Henry was up early the next day, after raving and ranting all night to his father about Antonia and how he wished to cold-bloodedly murder his master. It was a sunday and Henry's duty to ride the horses. He started with Antonia's gelding. For he would have to spend the most time cleaning the thoroughbred afterward. He rode the horse out onto the gravel infront of the house, looking up at the grandeur, he scowled. Henry needed nothing like that. All he needed was a floor to sleep on and a job to do. He sighed, moving on as he wondered if that were enough for a grand lady like Miss Curnrow.

Antonia woke in the morning yet again to a maid pulling open her cirtains. Antonia found it safe to think that she hated the Earl's hired help. They were rude and impersonal, much different to hers, who were probably treated better. Then again, her farm hands were much more unfriendly than Alexander's. And much less good-looking.
That was probably at her father's doing, wanting to make sure his daughters were better off than famer's wives.
Antonia got up and dressed, the loose corset that had been packed for her was doing her well, opposed to the skin-tight and bone crushing ones that her mother permitted her wear. She left the room and went downstairs into the library. It occured to her that she had only ever seen a few rooms in The Earl's stately home, and that perhaps she should go on a tour when her sister arrived. Browsing around the books, antonia spotted one high on the shelf that interested her. Looking around a bit behind her to make sure nobody was there, she climbed up on a chair, and then onto a table, balancing on the very edge and leaning out to try and reach the large book. Before she knew it, she had slipped off the table and was falling toward the floor.

'Can't you drive them any faster Rodger?' Mary called out the window of the carriage, she was anxious to see her friend. It felt like so long since she heard the news of her drowning in the river. After an agonizing wait, she arrived at the house, trying her best to ignore the farm-hands as the horses were being unbuckled to be watered and fed. She was escorted by Rodger to the front of the house, where she knocked on the door and waited. Mary stepped back, marvelling at the archetecture when she head a familiar breying from behing her, she turned and saw Antonia's gift gelding being ridden by a young man. He smiled when he saw her watching him. She quickly averted her eyes. The young man laughed, tipping his hat in her direction 'Morning miss.' Mary tried her best to ignore him, he only laughed again, more heartily, before moving on his way. When she was sure that he could see her no more, she turned her head to watch him go. At that moment, the door was opened 'May I help you?' The low monotone voice made her jump, she turned apologising to the old butler 'Oh... yes, I'm sorry, I'm here for Miss Curnrow. She's been expecting me.' The butler didn't move 'I'm afraid nobody is permitted to see her.' Mary glared at the old man 'Well excuse me! I travelled all this way...' 'I'm sorry miss.' the butler cut in 'unless you are a family member, you can not come in.' Mary thought for a momen before answering 'well... Its a good job I am then. My name is Mary Curnrow, Antonia's elder sister.' The butler eyed her up suspiciously, knowing only too well that Miss Curnrow was the eldest daughter of the family, however, he stood aside and held a hand out for her coat.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+

Last edited by Cinderella's Girlfriend on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:56 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander sat back in his chair for a while longer watching the farm hand walk from his sight, the air was light and cool, the faint haze being burnt away by the sun, the only thing missing was a small breeze, it was near the peak of summer and the heat would no doubt be stifling by midday. The good thing being autumn was near; Alexander’s favourite season. Reaching into his waistcoat Alexander checked the time and wondered if Antonia had been awoken. She was recovering tremendously, Alexander was pleased by this but part of him didn’t want her to have to leave so soon, he had enjoyed company, company that wasn’t William’s for a change. Rising from his chair the earl made his way inside, he had to be mindful of being in direct sunlight for too long, even in as weak a sun as early morning.

Eyes adjusting to the shade of the small reception room Alexander walked straight into a maid sending her falling to the floor, she walked around her frail voice echoing as he opened the door towards the main foyer. ‘M’Lord! Miss Curnrow ‘as fallen in the Library she ‘as...” Alexander’s pace quickened but he was pleasantly surprised to see that when he had reached the first floor library that Antonia was not hurt, not to any serious extent. Two maids helped Antonia to her feet as Alexander walked in. “Good morning Miss Curnrow, how are you feeling, not including your fall...” There was a hint of a smile but Alexander’s thoughts were elsewhere for a moment, he heard footsteps behind him, a small frail looking man behind him. “My Lord, a young Mary Curnrow is here to see her sister?.” Alexander looked at him blankly for a moment, before it came to him that Antonia did have sisters. “Yes! Of course... please lead her into the reception room and pour her a glass of something, her choice, we will be down momentarily...” The butler nodded and walked back down into the main foyer. Alexander looked over to Antonia his smile a little more genuine. “Come, it would be dreadful to keep your sister waiting much longer, I am sure she is dying to see you.” Taking Antonia by the arm he led her down the stairs and towards the reception room. Miss Curnrow, a pleasure to see you.” Alexander cooed as he sat opposite the other sister.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:13 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia crashed to the floor, her head bashing on the floor. She sat up to be huddled around by what seemed like hoards of maids,she was laughing however, not believing how clumbsy she was at the moment. She laughed even harder when Alexander entered the room, her eyes tearing which how much she was laughing. Finally, as the butler entered with the news she managed to calm down. 'M...mary? I don't have a sister named Mary... but...' she smiled, 'Yes, we musn't.' She took the earl's arm and was led down to the reception room where she was greeted by Mary-Anne Doe. She snickered a little as the earl adressed her as Miss Curnrow. 'Oh... I'm sorry Mr Granville, this isn't my sister.' Mary laughed 'No, the Butler wouldn't let me in unless I said I was! I am Mrs Doe. Good friend of Miss Curnrow. I do have a letter from your sister however, from Elizabeth, she sent me instead of coming herself.' Antonia smiled, talking the letter and sitting with Alexander rather than Mary-Anne, doing it rather absent mindedly too.

Dearest Antonia,
I'm afraid mother is being quite the dictator, telling me that you must be there for the longest amount of time.
Although I do wish to see you, she says that it will remind you so much of home that you'll wish to come back to us. Hoever silly this may sound, Mrs Doe is terribly worried about you there. She has informed me of the roumers and however far fetched they may be, they must have started somewhere.
I implore you to return back to her home.
I shall have peace of mind there.
Yours, Elizabeth.

Antonia sighed, folding up the letter. 'I suppose you have come to take me then?' she asked, all seriousness restored. Mary-Anne nodded. 'My husband will be quite obliged to have you... not that the Earl is taking any less care of you... it's just.' Antonia's jaw tightened. 'It's just what Mary? Besides, I am perfectly well, I shall be riding back this evening.' Mary stood 'Antonia, I have been told to take you home with me, if it is for only the day, i must insist...'
'Mr Granville. Do you wish me to go?' She turned to the Earl, her eyes staring right at him. She didn't want to go, not after last night, yet, if it was just a mistake on his part, she'd rather she left. Putting him on the spot probably wasn't fair, however she was angry with Mary for taking charge yet again.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 am

z\
The Earl of Rochester

Alexander sat, ever so slightly embarrassed but passed it off well as the drinks were brought in. “My apologies, my butler as you can see is coming of an age where he is being very stubborn. After all I am receiving quite a bit of, how would you phrase it... attention from some of the local people, he is doing his best, I’d imagine...” Crossing one leg over the other Alexander felt the need to refrain himself from any outbursts as Antonia opened and read the letter, he wasn’t going to be told what to do by some woman he had only just met. 'Mr Granville. Do you wish me to go?' Alexander was thrown off guard, he sat up a little with a peculiar look on his face, and expression that couldn’t quite be placed. “Well.” He turned to Mary. “If this is what has been instructed, and her father’s wishes I suppose that you should indeed return with Mary.” He took a breath in, in this breath he muttered quietly, just loud enough for Antionia. ‘Ne pas aller s'il vous plait...’

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:33 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia looked to the Earl, outraged with what he was telling Mary, however, this was just momentary as she heard his mutterings in French. She smiled, Mary was a simple an un-educated woman, she had no care for books or languages, but was a very caring woman. ‘Ah, mais, je dois aller avec elle ce soir, tous les discours, elle générerait si je ne...’ she paused, a glimmer of excitement in her grey eyes ‘mais quoi de dire Id y rester toute la nuit?’ she grinned before turning back to a rather irate Mary-Anne. ‘Why do you have to speak in that infernal language Antonia? You know I do not speak it.’ Antonia smiled bitterly ‘perhaps that is why I am speaking it Mrs Doe. Besides, you are making a fool of yourself in front of Mr Granville. I will go with you, as long as my gelding will come too.’ Mary’s worn face seemed to light up ‘Ah yes! Of course! Pack your things dear.’ She turned to the Earl ‘Thank you ever so much your earlship for looking after her for so long, It must have been awful trouble.’ Antonia stood to leave, she turned back at the door however to look at Alexander ‘Je serai de retour demain matin’ she smiled before leaving them both, climbing the stairs, packing her things and walking right outside to the stables.

She knocked on the door to the tack room sheepishly, when no reply came, she knocked a little louder. ‘young miss?’ the voice from behind startled her, she jumped and turned quickly, Henry was stood behind her. ‘Oh... sorry miss, didn’t mean to scare you.’ He was being much more formal with her, as if she had upset him in some way. ‘Henry, are you...’ ‘Alright miss? Yes I’m fine. What do you need of me?’ she looked up to his young face. He wasn’t looking at her, instead staring straight forward above her head, he had a look of strong determination on his face. ‘I... I came to say goodbye.’ He looked down to her now ‘Goodbye miss?’ Antonia dropped her gaze to her feet, she felt awful having to do that to him ‘Yes... I need my gelding saddled. I’m leaving now.’ Henry’s large brown eyes looked down to her, his dark hair ruffled and his guard let down ‘you... you’re going? Antonia I... did I do something.... did he do...’ she but in ‘No Henry, no...’ she put a hand over his clenched fist, he seemed to lighten up a bit at her touch ‘No, Alexander hasn’t done anything, and you most certainly haven’t i just... have to go, it might only be for one night. I shouldn’t really be here anyway but I...’ he caught her eye now, his glazing over with watery tears. ‘Henry, don’t... I’m’ she went to touch his face, but he pulled away from her, his back to her now. ‘I’m sorry miss. I’ll go and prepare your horse...’ Antonia grabbed his hand ‘Henry don’t..’ just as she did, Henry spun around and caught her face in his hands, kissing her gently, she stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do before melting into his kiss.

‘Ahem...’ they broke away from each other quickly, taking a few steps back. Mary was stood with a triumphant smile on her face ‘The carriage is ready Antonia.’ She smiled again and turned away. Antonia didn’t look at Henry, too ashamed of herself, she followed right after Mary.

The journey back to Mary’s home was a short one, she lived in a village just outside of Rochester, when they arrived, the horses were stabled and Antonia went inside. Sat at the kitchen table was a man in his mid-thirties, thinning hair, a worried look on his face and glasses on the end of his nose as he hunched over some paperwork. ‘Hello Jim.’ The man looked up ‘Oh, hello Miss Antonia, nice to have you here again.’ He turned back to his paperwork again. Jim was Mary-Anne’s husband, only a few years older than her, he wasn’t a wealthy man, but they fell in love at a young age. Antonia talked with Mary the rest of the evening with the full intention of returning to Alexander’s home on the early morning, however, late at night came a horrendous knocking at the door, Mary woke to open it, Antonia coming down the stairs with a candle to find out what all the fuss was about. It was a young messenger boy from the Curnrow household. ‘Sorry for disturbing you ma’am, but this here’s an urgent message for Miss Curnrow, her brother is back from the army and Mrs Curnrow wants her back.’ Antonia rushed to the door ‘Josiah? Josiah’s home Mary! Its Josiah! Oh please, please take me home now!’ Mary shook her head ‘best you wait til the morning, it’s awful dark now and there are gypsies about near these parts.’
unmarried.[/color] [/center]

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 pm

The Earl of Rochester

As Antonia left the room Alexander felt a great wave of tension fall over himself and Mary sat opposite him. He didn’t have much to day at the best of times it would seem, and with the middle aged woman in front of him intending on taking away his only decent company he had had since arriving in Rochdale...Alexander didn’t feel too hospitable. “Tell me, Mrs Doe. What is your husband’s profession? I am sure he provides for you well enough?”

Alexander didn’t wish the pair a good journey, or even say goodbye. Instead he walked upstairs to one of the older disused bedrooms and watched them leave from the small and dusty window. Up here was where Alexander would have rather slept, it was naturally cooler and far darker but he was warned by those in London that he had to keep up appearances at all times. Rochdale wasn’t like London, far too tight knit for its own good. Neither the less Alexander shrugged his shoulders and began the rest of the day monotonously wandering the corridors. There was nothing new around, he had already been told of, and found all the secret stairways, hidden rooms and corridors that lead to tucked away attics. He hadn’t visited the cellar, but then he felt no need, Alexander’s experience with proved them boring and damp. As the night drew in Alexander retired to his study, writing letters, replying to friends up north of his time in the countryside.

His thoughts however began to drift, drift towards Antonia, when and if she would return, if he had been foolish for trying to make her stay, if he had in fact scared her off. He tried to shake the thoughts but after a few minutes they had returned, stronger than ever. He looked out of the window wondering if he could try and see her now, even if he merely tapped upon her window...”No!” He spoke aloud. He couldn’t scare her like that, he would seem most odd and perverse in doing so, he would have to wait for her arrival, if she did ever arrive.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 pm

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}
Antonia woke up earlier than usual to go and travel back to her home, in her excitement she hadn’t given a second thought toward Alexander and was quite shocked when Mary-Anne brought him up in conversation in the carriage ride back home. ‘That man is stiflingly rude.’ Antonia turned from looking out the window to see Mary sat perfectly straight with an angered look on her face ‘Man...?’ ‘I don’t know how you could stand him. And to think of him coming to marry one of your sisters, it’s just insufferable.’ ‘One of my...’ ‘And I can see why you wanted to stay now...’ Mary let a smile curl on her thin lips, she was teasing yet again, as she normally did. She let things go quite quickly, but never et Antonia get a word in headways when she was on a roll. ‘What do you mean?’ Antonia’s heart seemed to stop; did Mary learn French while Antonia was away? Did she hear everything they said to each other? ‘I saw you and the stable boy... He’s quite a catch, if I weren’t married...’ ‘Mary! What a terrible thing to say!’ ‘Well, its true, he’s a fine looking man, strong too. I can tell what you see in him.’ ‘I don’t see anything in him.’ ‘Oh come now! I can understand, you staying at the house so long so you can be with him longer, of course, your father would never permit it and...’ Antonia wasn’t going to let her win this one ‘Look Mary, there is nothing going on between Henry and I, what you saw was a mistake on his part and, knowing the gossip that you are I shall becoming straight to you if anyone so much as mutters his name around here do you understand?’ Mary was still smiling smugly. ‘Alright Antonia, alright, I understand completely.’

The house looked warmer than she remembered it, there was another horse in the stables in the stall where her gelding should have been, it was a dark brown thoroughbred, with a shiny coat and tied hair, obviously that of an officer. Antonia rushed inside to hear the babbling of voices and laughter in the recreation room, she knocked on the door before entering. ‘Tonia!’ the shrill voice of Emily came. A man was sat on the chez lounge, his hair was cut and ruffled in a boyish look, he turned upon Antonia’s name being mentioned, standing up with a huge grin and his arms out ‘Josiah!’ the young man laughed as she ran into his arms for a loving embrace ‘Oh I’ve missed you girl, you’re just the same height as when I left you!’ Antonia hit his chest playfully ‘Oh very funny, and you... well you’ve come back a man Joseph! Look at you! I’m surprised you aren’t married yet!’ all of the family were there, Oliver and his wife Francesca, Emily, Elizabeth, Linette, her mother and father, it was just like old times. ‘Well you know,’ Josiah replied ‘I want to keep my options open if you know what I mean.’ He winked t her, a low laugh came from Oliver who was soon hit across the chest by his wife. ‘Shame on you Boy!’ their mother called ‘Talking in that way, we are not harlots! We are Curnrow’s! Now sit down dear, tell us more about your travels...’
They spent the rest of the day chatting and laughing with each other, and when the day was almost at a close, it was decided that there was to be a grand ball the following night. Invitations were sent out and preparations were already underway.
The ball began the following night, it was grander than any other that they had had before, no expense was spared for the return of the Curnrow’s second son. Antonia’s attention was distracted by the door, looking out for Alexander every time the door was opened. Josiah looked over to her, a crowd of women around him as usual. ‘Antonia, darling, do you still hate parties?’ her face opened up as he approached with a bottle of whisky and two glasses. ‘Shhhh, don’t tell anyone.’ He said in a mock-hushed voice, pouring her a full glass of the stuff. ‘Here! Tonight we drink to good health, and good sleepless nights!’ Antonia laughed at his coarseness ‘Josiah! You can’t talk about things like that here!’ she hit him playfully as he put an arm around her ‘Oh pish posh little miss. Fancy a dance?’ They danced for one, Antonia smiling and laughing throughout, when they had finished, Josiah hugged her warmly and planted a kiss on her head ‘Oh I’ve missed you... all of you.’ Antonia was still looking around ‘Hmmm... oh yes, We’ve missed you too.’ Josiah laughed ‘What are you looking for? For God’s sake woman!’ Antonia laughed ‘Oh, no-one.’ Josiah looked at her inquisitively ‘So it’s a person eh? A young man I presume?’ Antonia hit him again ‘Hush your mouth boy before I hush it for you.’

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+

Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander waited. Sat in the library Alexander spent the whole morning waiting, standing every time he heard a footstep of a maid in the faint hope that they were informing him of Antonia’s arrival. Around midday Alexander had resided to the fact that she was not arriving. “Typical.” He sighed, once again pacing the corridors wondering if there was some passageway that the old git had left of the small map. Alexander never expected the height of fortune and social status could be so drab. He had more fun in the gutters before he died instead of waiting around for analy retentive so-and-so’s.
However was the door was knocked with quite a force Alexander ran to the main foyer to see William being let in , he laughed. “Well don’t look so pleased to see me Alexander, people may think you perverse. “Oh hush!” he scowled. “What got under your bonnet M’Lord?” William laughed, handing over the small envelope. “Open it then! I found it on your doorstep, poor urchin boy delivering then was too short to place it anywhere but the ground.” Brushing off the envelope Alexander rolled his eyes. “Well isn’t that just marvellous...” William became intrigued. “Have I missed something?” Alexander shrugged his shoulders. “No, nothing that is to be sure...I am just bored of this...this...monotony.” William raised an eyebrow. “Aren’t we all my dear, that is why I left for a while, to live a little. Come sit, I shall tell you all about London, it is quite lovely. Not as you or I would quite remember it, no. But neither the less quite charming, you could say.” Alexander laughed and led William into the reception room. “You mean the women were quite charming.” William shrugged his shoulders, “Never you mind what I thought of the women”

The new morning had arrived and Alexander was somewhat dreading the ball. William was inviting himself along anyway, his excuse being he wanted to support his dear friend. William spent the whole afternoon flustering whereas Alexander didn’t seem to care what he wore. “I intend to wear that.” Alexander pointed to an outfit that must have been two seasons out of fashion; William nearly fell off of his seat, spilling some wine across the wooden floor of the dressing room. “Are you mad?!” He exclaimed loudly taking the outfit and throwing it to the floor. “You may not enjoy these functions but do not make a fool of yourself! Not with me around, now I will pick your clothes, Im not having the earl and the young man I am travelling with look a mess and a fool!” Alexander stood back and laughed a little. “Allright allright, calm down please. You have hours before even thinking of leaving...”

However when the time did arrive to go the tabled had turned, Alexander feeling a little more Irate. “Oh stop your fussing!” William whined, stepping into the carriage. “But!” William grabbed Alexander my the wrist and dragged him in, “Just stop!”

Arriving more or less on time Alexander stood outside for a while, knowing that Antonia would have recovered enough to be able to attend. Looking over to William who was staring him down, looking frightfully cold for the time of the year, Alexander sighed heavily. “If you insist, but I am not staying long, I feel quite faint.”

The heat inside the house was overwhelming, people moving about everywhere dancing and laughing, though he tried desperately not to look for her he couldn’t help but pick Antonia out from the crowd, seeing her dancing with an older gentlemen, laughing and chatting, hugging and dancing. “You’re not leaving...” William grumbled walking away from him towards the crowds to socialise. “I..I need some air...” He planned to walk through the Curnrow’s gardens and calm down before entering again, he was becoming irrational.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:09 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Finally, Antonia spotted him, noticing his sister's anxiety, Joshiah turned 'Where is he then? The old dog, he must be quite the ugly beast if he's chasing after you!' he laughed loudly, the girls starting to circle again. 'Stop it Josiah, leave me be, I'm sure at least one of these ladies would like a dance with you.' she left him in amongst a gabble of women all asking him to dance with them. She crossed the room, weaving in and out of people who were in mid-conversation. 'Your Earlship!' she called out, not managing to reach him before he got to the door. 'Mr Granville, I've been looking for you.' she smiled, although mentally reremanding herself for giving away that kind of information.

Elizabeth watched her older sister from across the room, she was so intent on watching her that she hadn't spotted the young man that approached her. 'Excuse me miss.' 'I'm not interest...' she turned to look up at the man 'Oh, excuse me, I didn't realise, you're looking for my sister Emily,' The man smiled 'Indeed, so sorry, you look so, alike.' Elizabeth looked at him without a smile 'That would come with being twins wouldn't it.' He bowed and walked away, there was something about that man that she didn't like.

'Oliver...' Franchesca clled to her husband, reaching him with a hand upon his arm. 'Oliver, excuse moi gentemen, I must speak with mon husband... Pardon moi.' Oliver looked down to his wife 'What is it Fran, I was just talking about the social and economic crisis of Bulgaria with Mr...' Franchesca rolled her eyes 'Look 'ere Oliver, I am speaking! Wil you be quiet for just one moment? Hmm?' Oliver smiled 'Go ahead.' She sighed 'Well I want to go back to france.' 'What?!' 'Just for an 'oliday, I want to see my parents. I 'ave something to tell them.' Oliver looked at his wife confused, before taking her by the arm and guiding her toward the wall. He had always worried that he wouldn't be enough for her, that she would hate England and that she would want to go back. 'I cnt believe you are asking me to take you back to France. Who is it? Has Byron asked you there again because I swear I will...' 'Oliver! Listen to me! Eet is something I shoud tell you too.' she smiled at him, leaving him yet again with more questions.

'Where have you been? I didn't see you arrive?' Antonia smiled warily, there was somethign not quite right about the way he was acting

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:43 am

The Earl of Rochester

Hand upon the door handle Alexander looked up to his left to see the smiling Curnrow girl. He didn’t smile in return rather continued to walk outside. “Good evening Miss Curnrow.” He was to the point, if not a little blunt, but he would have rathered Antonia had not followed him out.
'Where have you been? I didn't see you arrive?'
Alexander took in a deep breath, sounding as if he were exhausted to even turn and face Antonia. “Yes well, I have been busy, like most people have. It appears you have been too.” He was certain his point was coming across now, though he didn’t wish to appear so rude. He wasn’t used to venting his frustrations in any way but physical.

Feeling a little bitter and once again embarrassed Alexander rolled his silvery grey eyes. “Oh yes, very good. The officer has returned, I assume that is why you left me waiting but all of yesterday?” He didn’t let Antonia get a word in. “You have been well raised no? I would assume so, your father profession is reasonable, your mother determined, no?” He didn’t stop walking, his pace quickening. “Well then I am sure you have been taught impeccable manners from an early age! Please, Miss Curnrow in future, use them!” He exhaled violently and turned to face her. “I would have been ever so polite of you if you had at least had one of your stable boys send a note, or perhaps you were making fools of them also. Oh wait, my dear, you used one of mine instead!” Alexander laughed. “What? You think I wouldn’t have found out about him? Under my care you made relations with that thing.” Alexander laughed again, only a little crueller. “You think your little friend Mary could possibly hold such gossip to herself, you didn’t possibly think that runt of a man would keep something to himself?” Alexander began to walk around to the front of the house to his carriage. He refused to listen to her; he had worked himself up into a state. Turning around again he didn’t appear to be furious or upset, his face refused sight of any emotion. “Thank your mother for the invitation, I have had a wonderful time.” He walked across the gravel to his carriage, it making no hesitation in leaving.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

Antonia smiled a little nervously 'The man inside is my brother, Josiah Emmery Curnrow. He's an officer in the army and has just returned after 4 years... or more...' she stopped talking, walking quicly after him, the night was getting darker and she could make him out only by the lanterns that were outside. Her face quickly dropped however as he began slating her. As he turned and revealed that he had found out about what Henry had done upon her leaving, her heart sank. It wasn't her fault, it couldn't be. If only it hadn't happed, if only she hadn't gone to the river that day. He laughed coldly at her “You think your little friend Mary could possibly hold such gossip to herself, you didn’t possibly think that runt of a man would keep something to himself?” She couldn't say anything to him, she had nothing to say.

She caught her breath as he turned for the last time, phlegmatically, as if he had no feeling, thanking her for the invite. She watched him go, her skin was stone cold but she felt asif she were burning, a tear rolled down her cheek as she began breathing rapidly. She ran back into the house via one of the back doors, she ran along the empty coridorr, the tears flowing liberally now, her breathing quick and unregulated, she had a hand clasped over her mouth trying to disguise the gasping breaths of her crying. She couldn't see where she was going anymore, this was evident as she ran into a young couple. She apologised breathlessly before going to move on. 'Antonia?' the voice was that of her brother's Oliver.

'You're what?' Oliver looked down to his wife in sheer amazement, a smile beginning to creep across his face 'follow me.' he said, looking around a bit before taking her towards a door and leading her through it. It took them to an empty yet extensive coridoor. He pulled her up against a wall and looked down to her slightly raised stomach, touching it lightly in amazement. He smiled, began laughing in disbelief. 'I'm going to be a father...' He kissed his wife happily, just as he was doing so, he was bashed into by some young girl 'Hay watch it!' she apologised and began moving again, it was evident that she was crying, suddenly, he realised who it was 'Antonia? Tonia!' he caughed his sister by the arm 'Fran, go get Joseph. Antonia, Antonia, what's wrong, are you feeling okay? Antonia stay with me, we need to get you a doctor...' Just at that moment, Josia came bursting in through the door, looking around for a moment before noticing them. 'Antonia... was it him, was it that man?' he was already angry, 'What man? Joseph what man!?'

When they were younger, it was always evident that Oliver and Josiah were brother by their looks, but in personality they were completely different. Oliver was always compassionate, loving and most of all rational. Josiah on the other hand was hyperactive and quick to anger, it was obvious that out of the two of them, Josiah would go into the army.

Oliver scooped Antonia up into his arms easily 'We need to get her to her bed' Josiah was looking around 'Where is he? I'll kill him!' Antonia looked up to her brother with her round watery eyes, laying a hand on his arm 'Leave him.' she pleaded, before coughing violently. 'You need to rest. Josiah, calm down, Fetch Dr Ramsey from the hall, he should be in there, Fran, darling, don't strain yourself.' she smiled 'I'll be fine darling, just get 'er safe, I will inform father.'

Antonia woke in the morning to Oliver sat by her bed. She coughed and tried to sit up, startling him from his light sleep 'Have you been here all night?' she croaked, her brother smiled 'No... well yes but... are you okay?' she smiled feebly 'No. But I'm still breathing.' Oliver looked at her seriously, his brow furrowed 'Who was the man Josiah was speaking about? I must say it quite riled him, he was ready to chase after him.' Antonia shook her head 'It wasn't his fault, it was mine. You musn't blame anyone for what happened Oliver.' His face didn't lighten. 'You are ill Antonia, I don;t think you quite understand. You were born too early as a child, you simply cannot allow things like this to happen, for your sake. Besides...' he began to lighten up 'I have something to tell you.'

The happy news was nice for Antonia, however, when Oliver let, she began to cry once more. She didn't care if her health was compromised, she felt awful that she had angered Alexander so. She called Oliver back into her room later that night. 'Oliver, you musn't make a irrational motive of this but, I left some things at the Earl of Rochester's home. Please, i would be happy if you were to fetch them for me...' He nodded and left.

Oliver was shown into the drawing room of the Earl stately home. He didn't sit, instead he waited for the other man to enter. Upon his doing so, he turned, a stone face and no expression. 'Hello Mr Granville. My name is Oliver Fitzgerald Curnrow. I believe I may have met you before.' he led out a hand toward the man. 'Yes. Indeed. Please do not be alarmed of my presence Mr Granville, I have come to collect a few of my younger sisters things. She informed me that she left them.' he paused as if he were thinking. 'Believe me sir, you should be thankful I am a rational man, and that I respect my sisters wishes to not look into the state that she was brought to on the eve of yesturday. However, I ask you, man to man, to leave my brother Josiah well alone. I'm not threatning you Mr Granville, infact quite the opposite. My brother is a hot tempered idiot. I fear for his safety if he ever got into a disagreement with a man such as yourself.' he smiled, it was quite clear that Oliver wasn't happy with the earl, however it was also clear that he was a completely decent man. 'My sister is ill, she shall need her things sooner rather than later, if you please...?' he motioned towards the door.
Oliver found her things easily enough, he collected them and then went to leave. 'Thankyou Mr Granville for letting me into your home. I feel obliged to tell you that my sister sent me instead of a maid due to the fact that I am the only one she trusts. I love my sister dearly Mr Granville.' he stared the man down. 'Goodnight.' he turned and left the house, happy with how he dealt with things.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+

Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 am

The Earl of Rochester

Alexander had worked himself into such a state of anger he grabbed fistfuls of his hair and mouthed words silently, he couldn’t express his anger like this, he wasn’t used to having to restrain his anger like this. He’d normally swear like a sailor and burn a few things, the occasional whore was good to get rid of stress but the lack whores around only reminded how confined he was. Though after thought he decided to drink the stress away, it relaxed him without getting too drunk. He walked around the foyer with a bottle of wine, not bothering to use a glass, no maid came near him, they could tell the kind of mood he was in, it was best for him to be left alone. It was four or five bottles later when he decided to call it up and at least clean himself, the sun was coming up and he stank of wine and other drinks.

Once again by early morning the earl was clean and somewhat sober. He hadn’t seen William but then he didn’t really care. In the gardens Alexander was informed of Oliver’s arrival and sighed heavily. Walking up to the reception room their facial expressions seemed to match. As Alexander shook his hand he made sure his grip was exceptionally firm toward of any thoughts of a fight, which was the last thing he needed. “You are a reasonable man so I shall not dwell on personal affairs. The room Antonia was staying in is on the second floor down the east wing corridor; Jeremy will show you which room.” Waiting for his return back to the reception room Alexander lead the man to the main foyer. “Good night Mr Curnrow, I would like to give Antonia and your family my most sincere apology.” He paused leaning into Oliver. “Oh, If your brother feels the need to settle things... I am not one to refuse or take jovial comments lightly...best you keep him away...” Alexander closed the door as he left, feeling he had dealt with the cituation in the best way he could, considering the burning urge to knock out the git. Sitting back in the library Alexander read for the evening, drinking tea for a change.

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Outrageous. Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:36 am

{{ANTONIA ANNE CURNROW}}

There wasn't a day gone by that Antonia didn't think about the Earl. Her sisters said they they had seen him once or twice in town, she acted like she didn't care, but of course she did. The time came for her to be seen on the social status again, she was fed up of being confined to her room and now was ready to go out. Josiah was hardly ever home, most of the time he was out drinking with his friends or sleeping with women, he offered for her to go drinking with him on several occasions but Oliver always caught her every time she decided to go with him. He only had her best interests in hand. However finally Josiah managed to persuade their mother to let her out to the next ball.

It was almost time to go, Antonia had on a plain white dress with no ribbons or no colour, infact, no decoration of any kind, much to her sisters displeasure. 'Antonia! You can't go out like that!' She scowled, knowing only too well that she would have to change if her sisters told her so. 'It looks perfectly pratical.' Oliver entered the room 'I think seeming as she is recovering from her illness, it will do fine.' Antonia smiled to him, Oliver's word was law. 'Yes Oliver.' the girls chimed, leaving for the carriage. Antonia was in the carriage with Josiah. 'Finally, you're able to come out with us! I thought I'd never see the day! Thought you'd be an invilid, bed-ridden for therest of your...' 'Alright alright Joseph, I see your point. Have you any whisky?' The man laughed deeply 'Aha! You miss are more than worthy of my approval, of course I do, just for you. Here,' he handed her a hip flask and she drank straight out of it. 'Woah! Slow down there! You musn't drink too much, however I would like you to, Oliver will know something's wrong. Although I suppose if you worked your girlish charms upon him he would let it slip.' Antonia smiled.

The ball was that of Selena and Frank Buleregard, an older couple who were celebrating their son's engagement. Upon entering, Antonia immediately felt faint, it was hot, and the room stank of warm wine. 'are you okay?' Josiah checked, Antonia lied, nodding and letting him get off. As was the norm before the new Earl was introduced into her life, balls bored her, she was left well alone, being one of the most un-appealing women in the room. She stood on her own against a wall in one of the rooms next to a mahogany chest of draws clutching a glass of red wine that was too sweet for her. She sighed to herself. Nobody had come to talk to her, Mary was away and she was beginning to miss her company. Linette came over a few times to strike up conversation, but was almost immediately swept away again by some fine young man to dance. Antonia looked down to the floor, swilling her wine a little. She couldn't leave, Oliver was too quick, he would think something was wrong and immediately send her home, so she just stood there, thinking about all the things she had done wrong in her already short life.

+my life is formality+
+i have no freedom+

+but i'm no feline...+
Outrageous.
Outrageous.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosé Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:22 am

The Earl of Rochester

William always seemed to return when there was a ball or a function to attend to, it made him wonder if William simply sat in a tree waiting for the little boys and girls to deliver those trusty envelopes and then pounce. William joined Alexander in the library, informing him of the night he had at the Curnrow’s ball. “Oh that Emily!” William laughed heartily. “You should have seen her, I tell you, if I could get her alone I would warrant her full of game..hmm?” Alexander couldn’t help but laugh. “Don’t be the fool! Surely she if lovesick with the idea of marriage and children!?” William shook his head. “A little wine here, a splash of port there and I warrant her mine, if not for the evening, I can make it romantic and fanciful, make it our little secret, promise her everything...” William took a sip from his wine glass. “Well happiness to your sheets!” Alexander mock toasted him. “Who said it will be between sheets?” Alexander closed his eyes, “I need no more detail!”

Alexander had become more used to the formalities of the summer balls, no longer fussing about his dress or hair. The pair walked into the room very confident, no rude mutters or stares, taking a glass wine the pair began to chat about formalities, inviting over to speak though as soon as Alexander saw Antonia he became quieter feeling the need to go over. Giving William his glass to hold Alexander began to walk through the room picking up a glass again and walked past Antonia and stood only a few feet away from her, he drank his drink watching the couples, though he kept looking over Antonia, hoping their eyes didn’t meet. He stood there for a few minutes longer, he couldnt just be silent anymore. He walked over to Antonia, puttingh is glass down. "Excuse me, Miss, would you...care to dance?"

+my life is formality+
+i have no life+

Rosé
Rosé
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next